Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
Looking at the dev tracker, I still see devs talking about adding foundry maps and assets.

Didn't they announce that resources were moved from foundry to PVP? Why is there still foundry development and yet no PVP development?

EDIT: In case folks have forgotten, this is referencing Geko's announcement during Priority One ep. 158 back in January.
http://hilbertguide.com

Last edited by mancom; 07-14-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Looking at the dev tracker, I still see devs talking about adding foundry maps and assets.

Didn't they announce that resources were moved from foundry to PVP? Why is there still foundry development and yet no PVP development?
most new additions, thats are not a new pve mission, are in a way pvp content. next lockbox, super boosted crafting stuff is taking up system time, and will, intentional or not, have a big pvp impact. featured EP 9.5 is taking up the time of map and content guys, preventing them from hooking up more pvp maps, as usual. as soon as season 9.5 launches they will again have some huge pve project they have to start, preventing the hook up of new pvp maps. just like the last 6 seasons or so.

it must be significantly more easy to put things in the foundry then the pvp map rotation, and the only one that knows how to do it probably coded it in sanskrit and quit years ago
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 3
07-14-2014, 02:21 PM
I would simply guess there are far more foundry-user than pvpers.

As for pvp-impacts, see drunken. Though its more or less collateral damage on that side^^
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Empire Veteran
# 4
07-14-2014, 02:30 PM
lol, in STO the closest thing to pvp content is pve collateral damage
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 5
07-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Because Cryptic Is Caca Liar Faces!
Career Officer
# 6
07-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post

First of all, there might be ongoing PvP developement (as unbelievable as this may sound) taking place.
Secondly, converting existing assets into Foundry assets won't take as long (and really doesn't take a lot of time. that's what tacofangs once said) as creating more features for the foundry editor itself. So there basically is no foundry developement going on right now, just some asset conversions, which don't impact any foundry functions at all and cost nearly no ressources on cryptics part, since the art designer can do the conversion, not some systems guy or a programmer.
As frustrating as the current status of pvp may be, the foundry is in no way to blame in this (seemingly) current scheme to impede any pvp function this game has or will have in the future. (At least that's the sentiment i can read between each line in the pvp subsection)
Captain
# 7
07-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Foundry editor for PvP is a cool idea. But open PvP with territory control would be even better! Sadly, I don't think Cryptic can deliver anything cutting edge here.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
Empire Veteran
# 8
07-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Because many use the foundry and we have been getting into talks with the devs, so communication is going across.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 9
07-14-2014, 07:20 PM
I'm a PvP'r and a Foundry author...

...and I find this thread ridiculous.

Also, Taco adds assets to the foundry. Last I checked, he does not and cannot work on PvP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
07-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Adding costumes, ships, and small bundles of assets is not "development" it is devs being generous with what little spare time they have.

We were told by Geko that we would have been getting actual development, which I define as scheduled developer team time adding new features, with the new features in around season 9. This has not actually happened.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.