Captain
# 1 Tactical Officer Odyssey Build
06-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Just got my triple pack of Odyssey Cruisers today at last. I'm flying a tactical officer at the minute and I'm trying to find a way to get a decent amount of tanking out of it, whilst giving a decent punch at the same time.

Weapons etc are to be confirmed on exact flavour but at the minute I'm tending to think the science variant as I believe the Sensor Analysis to give a better potential effect on my damage compared to the third tactical console slot. The addition of extra slots elsewhere in the build helps too.

I'm currently toying with the following:

Universal Lt. Comm (Tactical): TT1, APB1, BO3
Universal Ens (Sci): HE1
Tactical Lieutenant: FAW1, FAW2
Engineering Commander: EPtW1, EPtW2, RSP2, DEM3
Science Lieutenant: SciT1, TSS2

Weapons are all beam arrays, with the exception of a single Tricobalt Mine launcher to give me a little punch in STFs that don't depend on my turn circle.

Console wise I'm running the Odyssey Set for the extra turn and defensive bonuses. I've got EPS conduits filling my engineering slots, Shield Emitter consoles in science, and phaser consoles.

I'm grinding up to the MACO set at the minute, but the Defl, Eng, and Shields are all pretty standard MK XI Purples for now.

Any thoughts or input greatly appreciated.
Rihannsu
# 2
06-22-2012, 07:24 AM
I've got a similar set up on my Tac Oddy, except that I've got A2SIF3 as my Cmdr Eng power, and APO1 as my LCdr Tac power.
Captain
# 3
06-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Ummmmmmm, no EPTS? No DBB to use that BO3? And what Doffs?
Captain
# 4
06-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Ummmmmmm, no EPTS? No DBB to use that BO3? And what Doffs?
That would be why I'm looking for feedback ;-)

Emergency to Shields feels redundant, with ST1, RSP2 and TSS2 my shields are pretty solid.

Doffs I'm holding judgement on until I've explored the new ones properly.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
06-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post

Emergency to Shields feels redundant, with ST1, RSP2 and TSS2 my shields are pretty solid.

While you do have some shield heals it's very fundamental and pretty important that you have those shield resists because you won't be "tanking" very well without them. If it were me I'd drop EPTW2 and RSP2 for two copies of EPTS.

Also you have 3 beam powers (FAW1, FAW2 and BO3) which all share the same cooldown. You won't be able to cycle them properly and should probably drop one because you are rendering one of those powers useless. Just stick with two. There are still some good options for that other tactical BO power which you can use.

Last edited by rooster75; 06-22-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
06-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Cannons,and turrets,be original My setup is

Weapons Fore 3x MKX2 ATP Single Cannons + 1 Quantum torp
Aft 4x MKX2 ATP Turrets

Deflector Maco Mkx2
Engine Borg
Shied Maco Mkx2

Consoles
Engi-Chev separation,Borg Console,any two Armors
Sci 3x Field Gens
Tac 3x ATP mags

Commander Engi-ET1,EPTW2,ETPS3,AuxToSif
LTC Tac-THY1,CRF1,ATO1
Lt-Sci TSS1,HE2
Lt Tac-TS1/THY1,CRF1
Ens Tac-i cant remember.....pick what u want

Doffs 2x Purp Conn Officers Tac team CD
2x Purp Maintenance-Engineering CD
1x Purp Cant member name but it has a chance of giving you 25 to all Power when using any EPTx skills

I wreak havoc on ESTFs and i absolutely shred almost everything in PVE,this is not a PvP build,its just a fun alt to a beam boat
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-22-2012, 10:37 PM
See my thread called Federation Ship Build Guide that I have a full odyssey build. There's also other ship builds to.

Note the build is for the free odyssey
Captain
# 8
06-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post

Thing about EPTS is that the heal is more a supplement to its main function, which is jacking up your damage resistance, reducing the damage so much that the smaller heal is enough to keep you at full most of the time, particularly when combined with tac team to distribute the damage. Thats why its practically standard-issue on cruisers, to just soak up the abuse and laugh.

I'm not a fan of the Tac-heavy Oddy or DEM, but from looking at what you have, if I wanted to stay that flavor but just make minor adjustments (as opposed to a much more extensive rebuild), I'd go with

Commander Engineer
EPTW1, EPTS2, Aux2SIF2 (for the resistance boost, though the heal doesn't hurt), DEM3

LtCmdr Tactical
TT1, APB1, APO1 (for speed boost and anti tractor beam)

Lt Tactical
FAW1, BO2

Lt Sci
HE1, TSS2

Ensign Sci
ST1

And then slot 2 purple Damage Control Engineers, so every time you activate one of the Emergency powers you have a 2x35% chance of cutting the cooldown back to 30 seconds, and you'll get to make that 'roll' every 15 seconds if you cycle the two powers constantly. Rough math says that should give you a ~90% uptime on both powers.