Lt. Commander
# 91
09-30-2009, 11:16 AM
What kind of player progression and gameplay would a science captain experience, aside from combat? Example: would a medical sub specialty in science give you “medical missions?”
Lt. Commander
# 92
09-30-2009, 11:21 AM
so we have learned that there will only be one server for the game. i really like this idea, but i think after 6 months after the start of the game there will be 10000 of admirals.

what will cryptic do to keep the admiral rank something special? will there be a disadvantage for players who put all there skillpoints into the admiral rank as soon as they can?
Lt. Commander
# 93
09-30-2009, 11:22 AM
1) It has been said that it's possible to reach 'admiral' level entirely through PVP. Will a player who does nothing but PVP be able to level just as fast as a player working on missions/episodes?

2) Are there different rank names for each side. (Example being Klingons having Generals where the Feds would have Admirals.
Lt. Commander
# 94 Replacement
09-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Q: If I put X amount of experience toward a certain field. Can I move those points around to another skill if I see that I am not really using that skill that I added points to? Like if I spent most of my experience toward space combat will I be able to take some of those points away to increase my ground combat?
Lt. Commander
# 95
09-30-2009, 11:24 AM
1.) Will the race of my charakter or the race of my BOs effect their progression or skills in any way?

2.) Do the BOs that I can take on away missions have class-specific skills? If I am engineer and i take my science officer on an away msission, can I controll him and use science skills (if i play solo and the away team members are all AI controlled).

3.) Will there be places like planets or space stations that are limited to special ranks like captain or admiral to enter or are there class-specific places on stations like labs or sickbay or engineering that I can only enter if I'm an medic/scientist/engineer?

4.) Are there class-specific factions to earn reputation and perhaps get new kits or modifications for my ship? For example the Daystrom Institute for scientists od Utopia Planitia for engineers?
Lt. Commander
# 96
09-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjam380 View Post
Following the previous discussions, there were concerns that large numbers of higher level players would end up cruising around in the big top-tier ships, especially since they are given automatically upon obtaining a certain rank. Will there be enough advantages particular to the lower-tier ships to make them worth using even if a player can access higher tiers?
Why should a lower tier ship have advantages compared to a higher tier ship?
Lt. Commander
# 97
09-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Will progression allow more options for customizing your look? Like your uniform, maybe your cabin and such?
Lt. Commander
# 98
09-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurit View Post
Why should a lower tier ship have advantages compared to a higher tier ship?
I don't think you have been paying attention to what they have been saying, they already said that you will not be at a huge disadvantage flying a lower tiered ship, compared to a high tiered one.[Which I disagree with, on principal]
Lt. Commander
# 99
09-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Does Cryptic have an idea as to how long it will take to progress up to the next level/tier?
I.E. go go from start to nextg level should take about a week of game play, then a month to the next etc.
Lt. Commander
# 100
09-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thpaladin View Post
Does Cryptic have an idea as to how long it will take to progress up to the next level/tier?
I.E. go go from start to nextg level should take about a week of game play, then a month to the next etc.
These questions can never be answered properly considering everyone plays at variable times and "intensity".