Lt. Commander
# 141 End Game
10-01-2009, 07:37 AM
1.) What kind of end game instances or material do you have in the works for us?!?
-Cheers,
Maguhn
Lt. Commander
# 142
10-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy_Law View Post
Agreeable, but Orders give you purpose. Everyone needs a purpose in a game like this. I think we need orders, but also the freedom to decide which orders to follow and when. That's what makes you a Captain, not just your rank.

Lets say you get to a planet where they want you to go nuke their enemies in return for a favor. Does this suit your purpose in exploration of the Galaxy? No, not really. But what if they hand over some new tech that NO ONE has ever seen before? Would it be worth it then? Possibly.
I think the game would be wisely in depth if Starfleet Captains were occasionally given this kind of quest or challenge.
Would you do it? I'm not saying wipe out their enemy, but, give them a pretty good beat down. What if that races' enemy, the one you were about to nuke from orbit wanted to trade you some new tech no one has ever seen before and it gives you more speed, or whoop-ass, or shields or better warp efficiency, or makes your Deflector Dish put on a Rave? Would you still nuke them?
In my case, I'm pretty fond of the Rave scene, so I'd have to go that route... lol,
buuuuuuuuut, that's just me....
I know you need orders but I said that you can't be taking orders all the time
Lt. Commander
# 143 so why not 6 ranks?
10-01-2009, 08:37 AM
why not start players off as a Lt (Junior grade)?
a rank used in early TNG episodes
it would make for a bit longer game
Lt. Commander
# 144
10-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyX View Post
why not start players off as a Lt (Junior grade)?
a rank used in early TNG episodes
it would make for a bit longer game
Although any officer commanding a ship would be considered the CAPTIAN, I seriously doubt a LTjg would be ASSIGNED to a starship on a permenant basis, plus, you have to have SOME rank over your BOs.
Lt. Commander
# 145
10-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Something I think was addressed but I still find a bit unclear.

My understanding is that Players can get all skills but the relevance of these super skilled players is restricted to space. In other words, the Players class type on ground has more to do with their options than their ship board skill set.

Is this true?

Furthermore, how does this relate to BO's? Are BO's equally restricted by class type in Space as on Ground? Or do BO's abilities in space broaden compared to when they are on ground?

Another question. How similar is the progression of BO's to the progression of the player character? Will it feel like leveling multiple deep characters? Or will it be more like leveling one deep character with customizable but far less in depth equipment (equipment = BO's)?
Lt. Commander
# 146 Re:
10-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Sorry if this one's been asked in one form or another, but here's my question....

We've heard that your options for ship skills are endless ... that even if you choose to be a science-type captain, you can still earn points in tactical capabilities. But for ground-based skills, we've heard that you are fixed with what you picked....

My question is for ground-based combat. Will the skills follow what we've heard about ship-based combat, in that a player can choose to train in phasers, disruptors, phaser rifles, or melee-combat? Or if you are a tactical officer can you train these up (again, ground-based) so that you can be pretty good at any weapon you carry, or only be able to go up certain 'trees' so that you will be good with phaser rifles, decent at all phaser weapons, okay at disruptors, and horrible at melee?

Just hoping we can learn more about the ground-based player progression!
Lt. Commander
# 147
10-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Do Klingons follow the same three types of characters ie tactical, engineer, science?
Lt. Commander
# 148
10-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Do characters get 'costume' slots for alternate uniforms/civilian clothing which they may gain as they progress?

Would aliens gain new abilities as they gain experience, or will they get all their abilities at the start at a reduced effectiveness, or a combination of the two?

As the character gains new ships, how will the older ships (with their 'non-bridge' crew) when they are not in play?

How soon can characters 'cross-train' in other areas of expertise, without using a retcon (i.e. Geordi LaForge in the first season of ST: The Next Generation; Executive (red shirt) branch training in the Engineering (gold shirt) branch of skills), so they don't have to loose the skills they've learned thus far and could progress in another specialization?
Lt. Commander
# 149
10-01-2009, 12:37 PM
can we get a list of the 3 base branchs of the carear tree

sci kit 1=
sci kit 2=

eng kit 1=
eng kit 2=

tac kit 1=
tac kit 2=

so we can get a idea for planing our charactors
Lt. Commander
# 150
10-01-2009, 12:38 PM
could you make the game user friendly some of the games that come oot nooadays is really hard to figure out when how to use talent points and how it all works