Lt. Commander
# 151
10-01-2009, 12:46 PM
How many characters may we as players progress in? Will it be one? Two? One for each faction? If we're allowed multiple, can we have them be in the same faction or will they have to be in different factions?
Lt. Commander
# 152
10-01-2009, 02:36 PM
One question that spooked my mind for quite a while.

From my understanding I have to choose my career path during the charakter generation. So this would be the first character progress decision. After that, I have to choose my ship. But what if I decide to choose be an engineer? There is no proper ship waiting for me. Science captains will get the Miranda, Tactical officers will take the Centaur. And the engineers? Is there really no ship for them?
Lt. Commander
# 153
10-01-2009, 03:30 PM
From what I understand we gain the option of ranking up (getting promoted) based upon skillpoints spent.
  • Does skillpoints spent on improving BOs count towards that? Could we end up with our captain ranking up primarily because we have good BOs or does our going up in rank depend entirely on our captains skill?
  • Is it tracked by the number of skills / levels of skill we have trained or the actual number of skillpoints spent?
Lt. Commander
# 154
10-01-2009, 03:35 PM
We know that Rank progression for the Captain is based on skill points spent. But, how will rank progression for BOs work? Will they also be based on skill points spent on them? Or do we have to expend some merit to rank up our BOs?
Lt. Commander
# 155
10-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Q 1: Will we be able to walk around our ship and / or other players ships?
Q 2: Will we be able to board another players / npc's ship and attempt to take it over?
Q 3: Will we be able to fire starship weapons at planets / colony's?
If so will we be able to use weapons of mass destruction or blockade a planet / system?
Q 4: Are we allowed to asymble / steal / trade technology *Ie.. can we steal cloaking or better weapons*?
Q 5: Do we have to be in the Federation? Can we be indipendant and kill / attack who ever we want?
Q 6: The Federation itself has no currency, what about the other races / factions that do?
Q 7: Can you build your charicter along the lines of Warlord?
Q 8: Can you capture other players / npc's and put them in the brig, or torture them for information?
Q 9: If your ship is destroyed, do you automatically get a replacement with a fully functional crew with SP spent?
Lt. Commander
# 156
10-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS
Q 1: Will we be able to walk around our ship and / or other players ships?
Q 2: Will we be able to board another players / npc's ship and attempt to take it over?
Q 3: Will we be able to fire starship weapons at planets / colony's?
If so will we be able to use weapons of mass destruction or blockade a planet / system?
Q 4: Are we allowed to asymble / steal / trade technology *Ie.. can we steal cloaking or better weapons*?
Q 5: Do we have to be in the Federation? Can we be indipendant and kill / attack who ever we want?
Q 6: The Federation itself has no currency, what about the other races / factions that do?
Q 7: Can you build your charicter along the lines of Warlord?
Q 8: Can you capture other players / npc's and put them in the brig, or torture them for information?
Q 9: If your ship is destroyed, do you automatically get a replacement with a fully functional crew with SP spent?
*sigh*

Read the previous informations. A lot of your questions are already answered.
Lt. Commander
# 157 Real risk?
10-01-2009, 06:14 PM
How much risk (ie death penalty) is there? Many players find in game risk makes a game much more fun , like adrenaline rushing, heart pounding, cheering on vent, FUN. By comparision a game with little to no risk is more of an interesting puzzle. What motivation is there for me to keep my character from getting killed?
Lt. Commander
# 158 Replicators
10-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Will there be coffee in the replicator subrourtines!
Lt. Commander
# 159
10-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felcon View Post
Yes, but only decaffeinated... (so whats the use..)
Lt. Commander
# 160
10-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felcon View Post
I hope there are replicators and you can use them. For example get something from the replicator and walk around with it ( say around the bridge ). That would be nice.