If I have a bridge officer to whom I have given skill points to, and I chose to get a new bridge officer to replace him, will my new bridge officer receive the skill points of my former officer? So, if I spent 10 skill points on a BO, and then get a new one to replace him, will my new one receive 10 skill points, or do they start over? Furthermore, if traded, do they retain their skill points?
Can my bridge officers reach the rank of admiral? If not, what is their highest rank?
1. Will there be top level skills in each player and BO skill sets that are restricted to their particular profession?
2. How does episode content change at higher ranks?
3. For your profession is there a specialization where lets say blue shirts can split off and become more medical based or more physical science based or yellow shirts become more engineering or security based?
4. Can we get some examples of top level skills for each profession?
Are there going to be any artificial limits on how much a player can progress over a given period of time? Like for example, only being allowed to earn a maximum number of skillpoints per day or having diminishing returns for playing longer or anything like that?
Will there be any "required" skills that are optional to get but really, logically, no one is going to pass over unless they don't know any better because it increases the speed at which you can progress or anything similiar? For example, in eve online the learning skills which took months to train but doing so meant you would train all other skills much faster and after a few more months you'd have more total skillpoints and progress a few factors faster than any player who didn't pick them up.
Some other good questions here that have already been asked in this thread that I also wanna know. :p
1) It's been said that players will have a larger Bridge Officer pool available to them beyond simply the Officers in play at any given moment. Will unused Bridge Officers gain experience and level up at the same rate as those that were used, or will they have to be used to get experience?
2) Will any special abilities be received as rewards or are they all dependent on invested skills?
3) Will skill trees be the same for both factions or will there be any faction specific branches on the trees?
4) How will weapons be handled? Will a player be prevented from equipping a disruptor pistol if they have no skills invested in such a weapon? Or will they be able to equip any acquired weapons at any stage of the game only with penalty?
5) It's been said that Escorts will have more engineering stations than science vessels or cruisers, however it's also been implied in Dev chats that a player can make a ship like the Defiant take on more of a science role by equipping it with more science officers and equipment. Will ships be able to invest skills to open up more stations of a particular type? Even if a base Defiant has more tactical stations, is there some way to cross train with other ship types in order to create or swap out stations of a particular type?
6) Will there be any hidden skill sets that have to be unlocked by meeting a particular criteria? E.G. if I fight the Borg a lot might I unlock a skill node pertaining to the use of Borg technologies, even though such an ability would not have been made available had I not encountered the Borg?
The Zam articles said our BO's will be able to attain the rank of Commander. Is this correct? Give that we will be able to be Admirals it would seem more logical to have at least one BO at the rank of Captain.
In the Ask Cryptic, it was implied that, in space, the game will not be traditionally class-based, as opposed to ground. Still, in space, will it be possible to only spend points in a given profession, say, Science? If so, will you still be able to solo and be effective while grouped (in space)? On another words, will you be expected or forced to mix up your skills while in space?