Lt. Commander
# 41
09-29-2009, 09:43 PM
From the last player progression there was the question of players being able to reallocate points. Will we be able to reallocate BOs points?
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-29-2009, 09:49 PM
in space will careers have special abilities/skills that no other career has?
Lt. Commander
# 43
09-29-2009, 10:13 PM
  • Will Player progression increase the longevity of various ships? (ie will an Admiral with 75% of all skill, be able to extend the ability of a T2 Ship in battle?).
Lt. Commander
# 44 STO for mac?
09-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Will there be a mac version for the game?
Lt. Commander
# 45
09-29-2009, 10:20 PM
PvE : PvP : Missions Only

out of the above which will be faster? if one is faster then the other, why would that be?
if a person chose PvP soley and did not complete missions and yet attained the rank of Admiral, will there be any detriment for that person since all they do is PvP? Will skills be locked out if he chose PvP as his single source of attaing skill points and rank? Or will the progression be same for ANY player regardless of play style choice?

if a player attains admiral (and as you say has more to do to get his full skill tree complete) does his rank open opportunites simply due to rank or will say an well spec'd commander have the same opportunities available?

will it be difficult to reach admiral? or will i reach this rank within 6 months time? will there be certain merit points needed, commendations (if included in the game), recommendations, number of PvP/PvE kills, or any other requirements to gain the highest rank available?

i know the skil point system is attached to ones rank, but i ask all this as it seems one could get admiral, attain the tier ships appropriate, and then hassle other players simply cause he has access to a better class ship without really focusing on a specific career path cause the "point" system allows it.

will special items/skills/missions/etc...be open and or attainable? and if so, how?
if i go against the prime directive, will i be reprimanded and/or demoted?
are there any negatives for a toon? lose skill points for ejecting core when not required by mission objectives? lose skill points for failing to arrive on time at a diplomatic meeting cause the toon decided to PvP for a bit.
please say NO BUFFS, but rather an experience bonus for skill points spent within a certain area. example: i max out in phasers and spend mission points (merit) on a higher grade phaser.

i am sure ill have more....and thx for the chance to ask.....
Lt. Commander
# 46
How often will we want/need to swap out bridge officers? What if we find a new alien that we really like the look of but his skills are substandard? Can I trade him for one of my boring humans and transfer his predecessor's skill points?
Lt. Commander
# 47
How will the skill tree work? Is there a cap on how many skill points you put into one skill, or will a skill only have one point in each?
Lt. Commander
# 48
09-29-2009, 10:37 PM
As my personal focus is more on the ships themselves then anything else, really, my question is thus:

Will ships, for lack of a better word, "level" up with us? If I wanted to stick to my tried and true hull for as much of the game as is possible, will I be able to? Or will ships be like armor and as soon as you hit a certain rank you trade it in for a new one. Ex. The Sovereign-class obviously existed when the Ent-D was floating around but no one told Picard & Co. to switch ASAP.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 49
09-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Will "Ground" progression and "Space" progression be seperate? As in, will you find things like items and equipment (especially while raiding) on the ground that benefit your ship instead of your on-the-ground characters or will space only drop space loot and ground only drop ground loot?

Also will raid content require a combination of both space and ground content as a mix of just one "encounter" or "raid" i guess and have to participate in both or will raids be more specialized where some are ground-only and some are space-only?

And finally... and this is totally a progression question, because it relates to which one you get access to first... Which ship is more powerful: Galaxy or Sovereign :p Oh yes. I wen't there.
Lt. Commander
# 50
09-29-2009, 11:11 PM
Since we are choosing skills for our character I am wondering if we will have dedicated skill points per experience for space and dedicated skill points on the ground. To clarify are the two skill sets using up the same skill points you earn as you "level" or do you earn ground skill points separate of your space skill points.

Another question I have is about Ship Captains:

We know that you can pick skills from across the board regarding space skills. But other than the "buff" or added stats that you get for your profession, it seems that variation in space is something that may need explanation. How does the BOs and Ship Type, beyond the number of seats and cooldown timer bonus to multiple BOs, affect our choices and what can we expect to shake up the mold in space combat so that we aren't all Tachyon and Quantum Torpedo users in space?