Lt. Commander
# 51
09-29-2009, 10:21 PM
1. Will characters and npcs have voices?
2. Will there be console/mac/linux vesrion, or just pc?
Lt. Commander
# 52
09-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isayyo2 View Post
1. Will characters and npcs have voices?
2. Will there be console/mac/linux vesrion, or just pc?
i herd its just PC for beta and launch.
Lt. Commander
# 53
09-29-2009, 11:06 PM
1) Rekhan stated that players when they rank up, become specialized. But yet in one of the Ask Cryptic threads, it was stated Admirals will have all their skills maxed, making Admirals not-so specialized.

So can you please clarify?

2) What kind of specializations will be available at the high-end?

3) Are Engineers really ground-only, or will they indeed have some tricks in space combat?
Lt. Commander
# 54
09-29-2009, 11:31 PM
  • How is increasing skills / spending skill points handled in-game? Do we have to visit trainer NPCs or consoles? Can we train a skill up on the fly mid-mission? For example, mid-mission you realizd that you would really like one of your BOs to learn a skill to make completing the mission go more smoothly do you: (a) open the skill interface and train them up there on the spot in the middle of the mission, (b) beam back to the ship momentarily to train them and then return to the planet, (c) have to leave the system to head back to a starbase or training facility in order to improve skills, (d) something entirely different that I haven't thought of?
  • While it has been said that our player-Captains can learn all possible skills, can our BOs? Are BOs limited in the number of skills that they can learn, or can a BO eventually be taught every skill that their career path and rank qualifies them for?
  • For your character to go up in rank, is it simply having spent enough skill points and then clicking a 'rank up' button or are their other requirements you have to fulfil? I.e. completing X missions, costing Y faction merit, having a reputation of Z?
  • How much of our ground-based player progression is based upon having spent skillpoints and how much of it is based on having acquired better weapons / kits? Or to put it another way, will the consideration of what sort of ground missoin we 'con' for be based more upon how many skills we have spent (and does the system differentiate between skillpoints spent on space and ground skills) and how much of it will be based upon our finding new kits for BOs to use or gatling-phaser-BGFs-of-doom?
  • When you predict player effectiveness based upon skill points spent, what proportion of those skillpoints do you expect us to be spending on our captain and what percent of it is 'expected' to have been spent on our BOs? Curious to know how quickly / deeply we are expected to be investing in improving our BOs vs the character specifically.
  • Given that the description of the skill tree is that skills go from very general at the lowest level to more specific at the highest, am I correct then in also assuming that their are far more skills at the highest ranks then their are at the lowest? That the skill tree is more of an inverted pyramid then one that narrows as you increase in rank? Can you give us a very rough idea of how many (under ten, teens, 20s, etc.) skills are in each rank?
  • Do skills themselves have more then one level? How is this handled? Is it like a progress bar where the more skill poitns you spend the closer you get to 100% performance from the skill? (i.e. a skill giving a bonus to energy weapons has a bonus of, to make it easy, +100 damage when trained to full. Does it have a progress bar where you can see that you've trained 17% of the max you can train in the skill and then have 17% of the potential bonus?) Or do skills have levels and you spend skill points to buy discrete levels in a skill up to the max level that a skill has? (i.e. a skill giving a bonus in energy weapons has 5 levels, each level gives a +20 cumulative bonus to damage and you buy a level at a time).
  • Do skills have a flat cost (each skill costing the same) or does the cost increase the more skills you know? (i.e. skill 1 costs one sp to train, skill 2 costs 2 sp to train, etc. as knowing more skills means it costs more to learn a new one.) Or the higher rank the skill is? (i.e. Admiral skills costing more to learn then Lieutenant skills.) Or the more 'levels', or whatever the increments in a skill will be called, to train? (i.e. The first starting level of a skill costing a small amount, but the more you try to improve a skill the more expensive it gets.)
Lt. Commander
# 55
09-30-2009, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milnerq View Post
Will there be a mac version for the game?
In your dreams, haven't you learned no decent games are meant/made for Macs.
The PC RULEZ!!
:p
Lt. Commander
# 56
09-30-2009, 01:03 AM
In teaming situtations, will ship type and career choice effect if I get invited or accepted into a team? eg LFM tactical, soverign ship only.

If so, does that mean when a new ship becomes available even though the one im in, is the ship i prefer, do I have to accept it to make playing the game easier?
Lt. Commander
# 57
09-30-2009, 01:18 AM
In the last article of PC Gamer there is an officer of Special Forces. Are the different BOs for every department and if yes, what will they be like and how many are there?
Lt. Commander
# 58
09-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Will there be "ability scores"? Various other games have ability scores as the main determining factor in how well you do at any given task- D&D, WoW, etc.. Will STO revolve around ability scores as well as skills, and will we be able to increase them, as in D&D and WoW?
Lt. Commander
# 59
09-30-2009, 01:48 AM
i have a question there is a bit out of the subjekt. and it might allready be told.

can you walk around on your ship i have seen a **** load of ships, plantes and other stuff. but nothing about ship/station walking.

best regarts
kulnar katar
Lt. Commander
# 60
09-30-2009, 04:25 AM
ACQUIRING SKILL POINTS

Say that I team up with four other friends and I now only have one guy to send down for combat on a planet. WIll I acquire the same amount of skill points with my one guy then if I were to have 5 of my own guys on a planet?