Empire Veteran
# 51
11-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkfphoenixlord View Post
So how many of us are going to cash out our EDC? Conversion rate numbers are not looking too promising. I already did it for Drak'Haz.
Don't know ... Dailies give me a fair amount of dilithium on a regular basis so I might still stick it out for the conversion as the marks will come in handy.

More glad that they made it so the box will open at T3 of the rep system.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Republic Veteran
# 52
11-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Yeah, that is much nicer. Still gonna take a boatload of OM to continue the advance.
Empire Veteran
# 53
11-09-2012, 03:30 AM
Ya know what? There is really no end to grind in the MMO universe. The least my ships do fine with any content that we have, and I bet after season 7, I will still play quite well without a single piece of new gear.

We will all have a blast teaming up for new content. Some of us will hold onto our dilithium to get a new shiny, some of us will play the reputation system until it pays out or we burn out, and then there's the embassy grind. We will just have to see how it all plays out.

I suspect it will all be good because I am in a fleet that's full of great people, and am connected with fleets full of great people via the UFC. So we shouldn't be too discouraged about what Cryptic is placing beyond our reach.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Empire Veteran
# 54
11-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
Ya know what? There is really no end to grind in the MMO universe. The least my ships do fine with any content that we have, and I bet after season 7, I will still play quite well without a single piece of new gear.

We will all have a blast teaming up for new content. Some of us will hold onto our dilithium to get a new shiny, some of us will play the reputation system until it pays out or we burn out, and then there's the embassy grind. We will just have to see how it all plays out.

I suspect it will all be good because I am in a fleet that's full of great people, and am connected with fleets full of great people via the UFC. So we shouldn't be too discouraged about what Cryptic is placing beyond our reach.
I agree with you completely. We'll weather the storm just fine ... not sure other smaller fleets will, however.

Empire Veteran
# 55
11-10-2012, 04:51 PM
At least I don't believe that fleet marks will become a problem after season 7. For star bases, duty officers have been the lead weight around our necks, and those MAY be a problem going forward.

I hear the most onerous tasks, such as getting a chef or bartender might be pared down to within reason. The question is, will they still be undesirable because of all the new tasks at hand?

Republic Veteran
# 56
11-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Not sure Rickpa. Been socking away Dosi rotgut for the ACC - KDF side for when we are ready to kick it off. Hopefully New Romulus may yield more Romulan Ale.
Empire Veteran
# 57
11-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Though I am dreading season 7 as much as I am anticipating it, I am looking for more things that we can accomplish together than solo.

It may well be that the personal reputation system, as well as the other means of advancement work best with cooperative play. That being the case, large fleets (as in large guilds in other MMOs) tend have a clique or two, and quite a few players who do whatever they do as if they had no fleet/guild at all. I am thinking that Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom is just the right size, and our focus is pretty friendly.

We aren't going to spend near as much time Doffing, or clicking dailies. With the mystery queues, we may find frustration trying to enter the STFs, Fleet, and other group missions. So solo players with a small fleet, no fleet, or lost in a huge fleet will be left wanting. We are really going to have to look after each other, and in doing so, we may find that STO is better than ever. If any fleet can do that, we can!

Ready or not, it's time to find out.

Qplaa'

Last edited by rickpaaa; 11-13-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 58
11-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
Though I am dreading season 7 as much as I am anticipating it, I am looking for more things that we can accomplish together than solo.

It may well be that the personal reputation system, as well as the other means of advancement work best with cooperative play. That being the case, large fleets (as in large guilds in other MMOs) tend have a clique or two, and quite a few players who do whatever they do as if they had no fleet/guild at all. I am thinking that Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom is just the right size, and our focus is pretty friendly.

We aren't going to spend near as much time Doffing, or clicking dailies. With the mystery queues, we may find frustration trying to enter the STFs, Fleet, and other group missions. So solo players with a small fleet, no fleet, or lost in a huge fleet will be left wanting. We are really going to have to look after each other, and in doing so, we may find that STO is better than ever. If any fleet can do that, we can!

Ready or not, it's time to find out.

Qplaa'
I think we will continue to thrive and have fun.

Good news is that the Federation Minefield fleet action on KDF side has about no wait currently.

Republic Veteran
# 59
11-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Hey Path - we can start the bartender project - any ol' food will work now. No need to use Dosi or Romulan Ale.
Empire Veteran
# 60
11-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkfphoenixlord View Post
Hey Path - we can start the bartender project - any ol' food will work now. No need to use Dosi or Romulan Ale.
I want us to get through the Tier III ship yard first which is currently underway followed by the Starbase Tier III upgrade right after that.

THEN we can slot the bartender while we wait for the next thing in line to become ready.