Starfleet Veteran
# 21
06-20-2012, 12:01 PM
PLEASE allow us to keep our current @global names ingame!
---------------------
DeltaFox
Career Officer
# 22
06-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Why wont it let anyone take the "free zen" survey? When you click the link it says your account has to be a week old and have a level 10 character.
----------------------
The.Grand.Nagus

Career Officer
# 23
06-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Brandon, is there any way for those of us that had a pwe forum account and a cryptic account linked before the merger to change our forum names? I hope I am not stuck with the one I came up with for the Neverwinter forums :redface: I would really like to switch it to the name I was using on the Cryptic forums.
Ensign
# 24
06-20-2012, 12:36 PM
please tell me that my @handle will NEVER be affected by this change brandon....
Pre-PWE merge:

Original name - Constantinople999
Join date - August 2008
Ensign
# 25
06-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
What if I don't want to link?

Account linking will soon be non-optional. If you have a Cryptic account and link now, you can claim a special item in Star Trek Online. Also, the sooner you link, the better chance you have of getting your preferred account name and display name.
And here is my response!

And that worthless junk that's not even worth hauling to the vender...

Last edited by yonazaki; 06-20-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
06-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonazaki View Post
And here is my response!

And that worthless junk that's not even worth haling to the vender...
"Oh, I'm sorry... did I say it should be hauling garbage? Allow me to correct myself... these forums should be hauled as garbage!"
Career Officer
# 27
06-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppenflak View Post
"Oh, I'm sorry... did I say it should be hauling garbage? Allow me to correct myself... these forums should be hauled as garbage!"
Wi-five

/10char
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/vector7_bucket/Batman-Arkham-City-The-Joker-Trailer-Banner-614x239.jpg
Ensign
# 28
06-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkerr View Post
Am I Joseph Kerr, or Captain Collier? Listen PWE, it's not like I need Split Personality on top of evrything else...
I agree, I don't see why we need so many names for one thing! All I want is for my account name to be the same as my forum name and to be the same as my @handle.

I understand that PWE is trying to get you to conform to their system but perhaps they are the ones that ought to adapt.
Career Officer
# 29
06-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Since Brandon is answering questions, I have one raised about account linking over on the CO boards (by a user named Brou, who I'll paraphrase)...

We're keeping our @names in-game, right?

But it won't be policy to provide different @names to forum names in general, right? There's never been a divide here before, and I don't imagine that will become standard policy, will it?

And some of our @names are taken via PWE account/forum names, right?

So what's going to happen if/when the PWE account/forum alter ego to our @names decides to join STO or CO?

Will we keep our @name and they'll be given the chance to choose a new @name different than their account/forum name for PWE?

Will they claim our @name, since so far PWE users have, by default, regardless of seniority or even active status, claim over account/forum names it appears. And if that happens, what then...? Does our @name default to our PWE account/forum name? Do we even get to choose another one? Do we get automatically amended to, say, HappyHappyJoyJoy-1?

What can we expect if this comes to pass?
# 30
06-20-2012, 07:44 PM
I have a question:

Where's my money? 600 CP and now it says 0 Zen?

When I log out of STO will I have ANY hope of the game remembering me or keeping my @name in-game?