Empire Veteran
# 11
06-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrandnagus1 View Post
Why would questions about the Foundry be ignored?
Ok, confused. Am I suppossed ignore this question?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 12
06-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon
So, as the LEAD designer, he won't have any answers regarding the state of various aspects of the game he is employed to "lead" the team in designing.

While he might not have specific answers, if he is truly the LEAD , then he should know ... ya know ... what's up with various aspects of the game. Maybe the parts that involve oh ... any design work whatsoever.
I think its more of the fact that he doesn't actually lead the team working on the Foundry. I'm not even sure if STO has a team dedicated to the Foundry right now, but you can be sure that that's one of the things I'm going to be asking about :biggrin:

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Empire Veteran
# 13
06-20-2012, 01:22 PM
What interested me is,
why keep on adding pets, skills that stun or immobilize a player etc when its shown that does not make the game better but just more annoying?

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
06-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Subspace Radio also already had an interview with STO's foundry dev -- Mapolis -- some time ago.

During the interview, and from what Dstahl has mentioned elsewhere... Cryptic's Neverwinter team is largely the ones who have custody of the Foundry now. I believe it was implied any major changes or updates to the Foundry will come from technology developed by the Neverwinter dev team who have the Foundry.

In short, Subspace Radio already had a recent Foundry-specific interview with a Cryptic dev, someone who mainly works on the Foundry and is likely far more in-the-know. I believe the interview and (and its transcript?) is available on SSR's website.

By keeping questions away from the Foundry (and the forums and whatnot), it'll allow some other attributes of the game to be inquired about. Not that the Foundry isn't important, but personally I'd rather see some fresh new questions since SSR already had an interview devoted to the Foundry specifically.

Subspace Radio also had an interview with Tumerboy, I believe the transcript (and interview) is also available on SSR's website. Like with Mapolis, by keeping questions away from the Foundry and Environmental Art... it allows the interview with Geko to focus on other aspects of the game. Since these two previous and specific topics were already extensively covered by Subspace Radio in other recent interviews.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Career Officer
# 15
06-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
Subspace Radio also already had an interview with STO's foundry dev -- Mapolis -- some time ago.

During the interview, and from what Dstahl has mentioned elsewhere... Cryptic's Neverwinter team is largely the ones who have custody of the Foundry now. I believe it was implied any major changes or updates to the Foundry will come from technology developed by the Neverwinter dev team who have the Foundry.

In short, Subspace Radio already had a recent Foundry-specific interview with a Cryptic dev, someone who mainly works on the Foundry and is likely far more in-the-know. I believe the interview and (and its transcript?) is available on SSR's website.

By keeping questions away from the Foundry (and the forums and whatnot), it'll allow some other attributes of the game to be inquired about. Not that the Foundry isn't important, but personally I'd rather see some fresh new questions since SSR already had an interview devoted to the Foundry specifically.

Subspace Radio also had an interview with Tumerboy, I believe the transcript (and interview) is also available on SSR's website. Like with Mapolis, by keeping questions away from the Foundry and Environmental Art... it allows the interview with Geko to focus on other aspects of the game. Since these two previous and specific topics were already extensively covered by Subspace Radio in other recent interviews.
The Iconians are correct. Mysterious, but correct.

Most of the interviews that we have done are located at http://subspace-radio.net/radio/ssr-interviews. I say "most" and not "all" because I know that one of them isn't in there, the interview I did with Adam Ihle (the winner of the Design the Enterprise-F Contest) back in February (I should look into that...).

The Mapolis interview was heavily focused on the Foundry, and the Foundry did come up in the recent ZeroniusRex interview as well.

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Career Officer
# 16
06-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Looking forward to seeing all the questions answered so keep em coming folks
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Rihannsu
# 17
06-22-2012, 08:07 AM
what is the balance target for new ships/skills/items. Is the 5 player team even on that list, and if so why do so many broken and unbalanced powers slip QnA and make it straight to holodeck.

What are you doing to improve QnA and balance, now and for the future?
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lieutenant
# 18
06-22-2012, 08:10 AM
This should be a great interview. Be sure and get those questions in.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Will you at least be bringing up the forum debacle? He may not be directly responsible for it, but he still works at the sodding company, and their communication has been non-existent.
--------------
We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-22-2012, 08:21 AM
now that Heritic has left, who will be taking over the work on the duty officers? -Voncloud