Rihannsu
# 11
09-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
The idea of biologically dissimilar races from different worlds, different genetics, completely different exobiological or exobotanical chemical make up copulating and producing offspring is just plain stupid, fantasy, and is the worst part of the Trek stories. Let alone the probable differences in copulatory morphology.
Maybe but Threshold show that humanity is evolving to some kind of lizard that lives in swamps and then there is the HILARIOUS Occampa mating cycle were they can only do it ONCE and only bear ONE child (Caretaker, they were screwed before you guys shown up).

And then there is the Andorian "four genders" that makes the Occampa look sane, they have 4 genders and ... let put this, two males fertilize the egg that one female lays and ANOTHER female carries to ... term? I suppose they actually LAY eggs because otherwise the whole thing is dumber that it looks bit Andorian "females" have BREASTS meaning they are mammals on SOME sense.

Somehow what you just posted sounds logical compared with some of the BS Trek writers had put out, heck at least you have the Mule, Liger and other hybrids that show that yes, it can work ...
Commander
# 12
09-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Maybe but Threshold show that humanity is evolving to some kind of lizard that lives in swamps and then there is the HILARIOUS Occampa mating cycle were they can only do it ONCE and only bear ONE child (Caretaker, they were screwed before you guys shown up).

And then there is the Andorian "four genders" that makes the Occampa look sane, they have 4 genders and ... let put this, two males fertilize the egg that one female lays and ANOTHER female carries to ... term? I suppose they actually LAY eggs because otherwise the whole thing is dumber that it looks bit Andorian "females" have BREASTS meaning they are mammals on SOME sense.

Somehow what you just posted sounds logical compared with some of the BS Trek writers had put out, heck at least you have the Mule, Liger and other hybrids that show that yes, it can work ...
Well I am sure the Ocampa would be in a constant state of distress only being able to mate once when they only live 9 years. Poor frail little elf like Cas must feel relieved.

The real point that makes it impossible, assuming evolution is true, is that each race would have been composed of different biochemical substances in accord with the chemical makeup of the world the evolved on. (one of the problems with Spock being half Vulcan half Human is, as he said, the salts from the Vulcan ocean were different than that of Earth making him resistant to the salt eating creature which would make being half Vulcan half anything else impossible)

The Best story line I can think of is a few Romulan worlds sympathetic to the Remans banding together founding an alliance. Vulcans just need more development.
Just say no to ARC
Rihannsu
# 13
09-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Melee ice Pick. I like. I hope it will be like the TOS Phasers and can be summoned whenever.
Rihannsu
# 14
09-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
Well I am sure the Ocampa would be in a constant state of distress only being able to mate once when they only live 9 years. Poor frail little elf like Cas must feel relieved.
That is not really the point, the Ocampa have 2 genders and can only mate once ... and only bare one child.

Meaning it have a negative population growth.

Quote:
The real point that makes it impossible ...
Oh dont get me wrong, the whole notion is ludicrous applied across the board since a mammal is not going to impregnate a insect or became pregnant by one (unless its a Brood parasite and chances are you end up like the people in Aliens in that case) but in some ways its more acceptable that what been shown in Trek, like the Ocampa's mating cycle that only existed for cheap drama.

Besides we dont really know if its going to work until we try and one thing I know about humans is that we are not exactly picky over with what we try to breed with.
Lieutenant
# 15
09-20-2012, 07:32 PM
I can understand the bundle of TMP/Wrath of Khan uniforms, but wasn't the Wrath of Khan a free uniform anyways? or did I just get it free because I bought the Collectors Edition?
Rihannsu
# 16
09-20-2012, 09:15 PM
It was in a promotion if you brought special edition Star Trek DVDs or Blu-ray but it used the same code so people shared the code and petty much made it free.

Technically it was never free as it was part of a promotion even if in practice it was free.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
09-21-2012, 06:12 AM
Tell you one thing...I would love to have the Vulcan High Command Uniforms for my "Off Duty Clothes". Another thing they could do is give us Vulcan Ground Weapons as seen on Star Trek Enterprise.

However, I have to say I look forward to a Voyager Bundle before a Vulcan or Andorian one.
Admiral Saren Helev

"Misdirection is the key to survival, never attack what your enemy defends, never behave as your enemy expects, and never reveal your true strength, if knowledge is power then to be unknown is to be unconquerable."