Ensign
# 11
06-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff shares details about the upcoming Starbase Alerts event in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Yeah, nice try at a distraction, Weyoun. Very few people give a **** at this point.
Career Officer
# 12
06-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Hey Cryptic, how about trying to at least distract us with info that people care about, like a date for the season 6 release? Or how you are going to apologize for this mess that was caused, and not bothering to say anything first.
Empire Veteran
# 13
06-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Makes me wonder if the existing fleet Actions will be changed to offer the Fleet marks and credits.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
06-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Will these alerts pop up for players currently on the ground as well? I was thinking about making fleet events where we can sit around and play Dabo until the base defense alert comes up. =)
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
06-20-2012, 02:09 PM
I hope Borg Red Alerts will not be moved out, because I haven't got all accolades from these events yet.
Commander
# 16
06-20-2012, 02:10 PM
my love of star trek is being overtaken by my hate for pwi...............
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
06-20-2012, 02:21 PM
I plan to have at least one ship stationed at starbase at all times
but scaling to level 50 is the wrong way
the attack should scale to the defenders
(so if 2 lts scramble it should be a couple of warbirds not 30 cubes)
Captain
# 18
06-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I plan to have at least one ship stationed at starbase at all times
but scaling to level 50 is the wrong way
the attack should scale to the defenders
(so if 2 lts scramble it should be a couple of warbirds not 30 cubes)
That kind of makes sense, since the Lts won't have access to all the BO powers... maybe it should scale everyone, NPCs and players, to the highest player in the instance.

Also, what do you mean you'll have a"ship stationed at starbase at all times"? These things are just like the Borg Red Alerts now - no need to station anything anywhere.

Last edited by felderburg; 06-20-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
06-20-2012, 03:18 PM
We/I am an alt fleet (well fleets actually one each side) there are enough of Us/me that one ship and captain will be "ops manager" per station.
Thus a strong ship will be in defence and if needed I will switch to that Alt and THEY will defend the station.
Ensign
# 20
06-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcmdjamescore View Post
I hope Borg Red Alerts will not be moved out, because I haven't got all accolades from these events yet.
IIRC they said that the two would be similar, not that the SB events are replacements for the Red Alerts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
Makes me wonder if the existing fleet Actions will be changed to offer the Fleet marks and credits.
That'd be nice, but only if you join the queue with at least 1 fleetmate on your team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillslinger View Post
Hey Cryptic, how about trying to at least distract us with info that people care about, like a date for the season 6 release? Or how you are going to apologize for this mess that was caused, and not bothering to say anything first.
I believe it said on Stowiki that the release is planned for testing in late June/early July, with release planned for July.