Community Moderator
# 291
06-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Remember when a dev used to post in a thread and while looking at a specific forum section you would see a symbol showing a "dev post" or you could see a symbol if a thread had been closed, or if it was a hot topic, etc...

I want those symbols back please.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Ensign
# 292
06-28-2012, 05:50 PM
I spend a lot of time on the forums using my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S II). The new website is not Android friendly at all...

Logging in is a horror, as the log in window insists on placing itself halfway below my screen. I try to scroll down and it jumps down too. The fields I need to complete to log on are always off screen. The only way I can log in is to zoom out so the window is super tiny, then hope I can click in the correct field. It's a serious pain...

Additionally, none of the top bar menu buttons work for me, so I can't navigate anywhere. The only reason I can access the forums at all is because I have a preexisting bookmark for them...

Please make the website more Android friendly...
Career Officer
# 293
06-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokikin View Post
I spend a lot of time on the forums using my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S II). The new website is not Android friendly at all...

Logging in is a horror, as the log in window insists on placing itself halfway below my screen. I try to scroll down and it jumps down too. The fields I need to complete to log on are always off screen. The only way I can log in is to zoom out so the window is super tiny, then hope I can click in the correct field. It's a serious pain...

Additionally, none of the top bar menu buttons work for me, so I can't navigate anywhere. The only reason I can access the forums at all is because I have a preexisting bookmark for them...

Please make the website more Android friendly...
Yeah, the moving login is a pain in the exhaust vent. It needs killing.

Dec/2008
Rihannsu
# 294
06-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks for taking time and posting this... it is a nice list you have on this forum issue
@ZackerySS - Joined on Aug 2008: year of the greenpig
Ensign
# 295
06-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnbludd View Post
Yeah, the moving login is a pain in the exhaust vent. It needs killing.
Wow...

Just tried it on my iPhone, same thing. No menues working, crappy jumping login window...

In short, the new website is not mobile friendly, period...

Genius...

Last edited by lokikin; 06-28-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Captain
# 296
06-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Not all of the yellow "Fixes" appear to have been fixed. I do not wish to undermine Brandon's authority, but the following that have been labeled as "fixed" have indeed not, or only have situational functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
5. Signatures seem to be broken and more constricting. - FIXED
No they were not. The rules were edited to allow the constrictions.

Quote:
7. Quick Reply doesn't work, giving poster "No thread specified" error message. - this seems to be working now
29. The bullet list feature does not work (or is unstyled) - FIXED
30. (Neither does the Paragraph feature) - FIXED
These only seem work under certain circumstances.

Quote:
23. Stock avatars are not diverse enough to really identify with - duplicate of last bullet point
Not in the slightest. This is merely the other side of the same coin. If we truly are going to be stuck with stocks, (as previous PWE managed forums suggest) we are going to need more of them.

You cannot express a 40+ year old IP with millions of fans all over the world, 7 tv shows, almost a dozen movies, tens of video games, hundreds of comics, and THOUSANDS of novels in 13 pictures!

Course... you could spend 6 hours and give us custom avatars. I wouldn't care if the forums were down for a week. I wouldn't even complain one itty-bitty bit. I would however, if we got custom avatars back, dance a jig, hug the first person I see, do cartwheels, send a letter to the president requesting a national holiday, and compose a song in your honor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivenneanthony View Post
Get your facts straight about Star Trek. It was not a money making scheme. It was one person vision / idea.

CBS turned it into a making making scheme during the original movies.
-vivenneanthony 2014
Captain
# 297
06-28-2012, 11:01 PM
I hope these are still being worked on, haven't noticed any progress for the last couple days.

And btw, the bullet list seems to work fine for me (note however that it doesn't show in previews of posts, along with indents).
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 298
06-29-2012, 04:09 AM
Don't know if anyone else is having this problem or not:

Bad tracking of "read" posts in New Posts and Today's Posts -- a number of threads show as unread even though there have been no new posts in them.

---

Minor annoyance:

[S]Strikethrough[/S] doesn't work.

---

I didn't see "ignore function" on the list.

Last edited by beezle23; 06-29-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 299
06-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
I would however, if we got custom avatars back, dance a jig, hug the first person I see, do cartwheels, send a letter to the president requesting a national holiday, and compose a song in your honor.
You better get ready to do all that because they are coming May even been sooner than soon(tm).

As for your other points, we're not making any more pre-set avatars since we're working on bringing back customs. For the signature, the "constrictions" have been fixed (linking, styling etc) but the new image size is what we want it to be. It limits players from the past 1280x720 sigs we used to see lol And the other points are working (just not in preview mode - that's being worked on, so maybe add that as a sub bullet point (e.g. 7a)?)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 300
06-29-2012, 08:08 AM
I just hope signatures are limited to 1 at a max size of 400x150 or so or 5 lines of text like nice clean forums i usually visit. As before with the old forums we had here they were an absolute mess with sigs being far too large and more than 1 or loads of text or both. Which made the forum extremely messy.

Also it is a good idea for standardized avatar dimensions also.

Last edited by cptskeeteruk; 06-29-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Closed Thread