Starfleet Veteran
So I wanted to check out the Earn Zen feature that comes with PW accounts. But it keeps stating

"Your account needs to be at least one week old and have
a character at least level 10 in order for you to take
advantage of this feature."

My account is months old and I have several VA characters. Did this account transition reset my account age or lose track of my characters? They still show up in the C-Store correctly.

So is this working for anybody else?
Empire Veteran
# 2
06-20-2012, 02:39 PM
That feature is based on Perfect Worlds Core Connect system if I'm not mistaken. That system keeps track of all of your characters and all accolades that you have on their games but it does not support STO yet so the system thinks your account is brand new and has no characters.

So the way around it is to wait for them to implement STO or just simply download one of their games and play it for a few hours...

But even when you get access to that feature there is still a problem that the ways to earn that free zen consist of surveys, buying some of their sponsored mobile phone games or apps, watching videos and collecting certain accolades in other games and most of these options are based on your location so there is a chance that even than you won't be able to get free stuff simply because they don't support your country...
Captain
# 3
06-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Not working for me either, even though I used Earn Zen and transferred the Zen to STO 2 days ago just fine.

From talk in chat, even if you have another PW game that'd let you access it, you can't transfer Zen to STO as the sever select option is empty.
Ensign
# 4
06-20-2012, 08:52 PM
yeah, I'd been using the earn zen stuff for weeks and been getting in fine and using it to transfer properly up until the day before this forum shift, when it suddenly started giving me the same message it's been giving everybody else about not being able to use it and needing a level 10+ character, 10+ day old account, etc. I thought it was just me and my own account until all this stuff today and seeing that other cryptic associated players had the same issue.

I can even still see my zen transfer history and my current zen balance, but I can't earn more, and I am strongly disinclined to go through their process for buying zen, as the old cryptic method was, quite frankly, as close to perfect as I'd ever encountered in a game. not to mention that it was the easiest by far. I miss it.
Banned
# 5
06-24-2012, 05:13 AM
Guys do not waste your time, if your after ( Free Zen ) it just aint gonna happen spent yesterday doing (free) surveys and stuff i was owed like 600 Zen but all i got was 30 almost 45 but 15 was taken away, EARN ZEN IS A JOKE ,,,,, Cryptic r just spamming u adding that rubbish to the game,, Check it out the same cash for action can be found on facebook games and Darkorbit and no it doesnt work there either thanks cryptic for inviting the spammers in :/
Captain
# 6
06-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Plus it fills your email up with spam.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Career Officer
# 7
06-24-2012, 08:57 AM
i have never got the earn zen to work for me in over 3 years. tried it on and off and the only thing i got lots of was spam. others may experience different results - but i have sucky luck with this sort of thing

these days I use a browser that means I seldom have to look at spammy adverts and floating fb boxes. life is sweet in that respect.

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Rihannsu
# 8 Earning Free Zen
06-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Right like other people am confused it says you have to have at least one character who is level 10 which I do one who is level 50 and another who is level 48 also a third who is level 17, so am confused am I missing something here for its a bit baffling Cryptic help!!!! :smile:
Lieutenant
When you do pop ups like the one you're currently offering which offer "Free ZEN" and those of us who've been with Cryptic since 2009 follow the links only to get this message:

This feature is inaccessible at this time.

Your account needs to be at least one week old and have
a character at least level 10 in order for you to take
advantage of this feature.

Thanks,
Perfect World Entertainment

We generally are not at all amused since we've been here forever and have all our characters at level 50.

Thanks,

Cryptic Customers

PS: don't "move the thread" if you haven't read it - thank you very much!
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 10
06-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Since this thread is not about Star Trek Online, it doesn't belong in the STO discussion forum. I moved it to the correct location. :smile:

To answer your question, yes, legacy Cryptic players are eligible and we've seen a lot of players taking advantage of the offers.

I did speak to someone in the billing department, and they wanted me to make sure that you've logged in to the game recently and played on one of your characters. If you have not, do that If you have, try clearing your cookies and cache on your browser, or try a different browser. If that still does not solve your issue, you need to submit a billing ticket here.

I hope it gets resolved for you :smile:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment