Career Officer
# 11
06-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Since this thread is not about Star Trek Online, it doesn't belong in the STO discussion forum. I moved it to the correct location. :smile:

To answer your question, yes, legacy Cryptic players are eligible and we've seen a lot of players taking advantage of the offers.

I did speak to someone in the billing department, and they wanted me to make sure that you've logged in to the game recently and played on one of your characters. If you have not, do that If you have, try clearing your cookies and cache on your browser, or try a different browser. If that still does not solve your issue, you need to submit a billing ticket here.

I hope it gets resolved for you :smile:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I did it once but cannot repeat the process I get the same message lvl 10 blah blah. I cleared the cache, cookies, etc.. on both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome to no avail.
Career Officer
# 12
06-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Same issue...worked once...now it doesn't...
Career Officer
# 13
06-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Something to be aware of with the optional surveys, is the fact that we can fail by choosing a bad answer. This happened to me today on the third multiple choice question. Resulting in the survey being cancelled before I could complete it. I find that highly infuriating. If one answer is undesirable to the company who issued the survey, then why was that choice offered to the survey taker at all?
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Captain
# 14
06-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Get 1 zen and 430000 spam emails..... not worth now or in 1000 years.
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
06-27-2012, 12:14 AM
For a unknow reason, i can take any survery in my google chrome and can finish nicely, but in the firefox or internet explorer, the PW website blocks my acess saying I not elegible to take a survery because i am low of 10 lvl or something like that.

After cleaning my cache, no change. This happens in any computer. Chrome works, Firefox is blocked.

I can only say: "This is SPARTA!" and kick this feature. If the PW website have problems to check permit to take any survery, is not my problem. PW need to work more to become a better website.
PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
Career Officer
# 16
06-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
Something to be aware of with the optional surveys, is the fact that we can fail by choosing a bad answer. This happened to me today on the third multiple choice question. Resulting in the survey being cancelled before I could complete it. I find that highly infuriating. If one answer is undesirable to the company who issued the survey, then why was that choice offered to the survey taker at all?
I've worked in Market Research, and the answer is simple. Some questions will place you inside of, or outside of a target demographic. An example might be "how many movies have you seen in the theater in the last month?"

If you answer "0", then the entire survey asking you about your taste in movies, prefference for 3D, willingness to buy those same titles on bluRay, etc. is totally pointless.

Similarly, by answering questions, you might place yourself inside an over-represented demographic, for example, white males, 18-24 with some college education. If a survey has been running a while, they may have "heard from more than enough" people in that group.. and they may be still pressing the survey in an effort to reach some more Hispanic females in the 45-60 age range.

There can be all sorts of reasons behind the scenes why you might be disqualified from a survey. Unfortunately, the "payouts" for paid surveys tend to evaporate if you're disqualified in the early stages, and if the third question placed you outside the scope of the respondents they're seeking.. well.. sorry.
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None
Career Officer
# 17
06-27-2012, 12:37 AM
So, in other words, each Zen offering survey could result in no player's fitting the survey demographic that day or that week? The surveys being offered through Peanut Labs should already be geared toward the demographics who make up the MMO gaming communities in the first place. It's a waste of everyone's time otherwise.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Captain
# 18
06-27-2012, 12:47 AM
You'd think that but no. These are old money market research companies.

It's not a special deal with Perfect World to survey MMO gamers.

It's a general pool of surveys to cater to what they're looking for and it might so happen that you'd fit into that.

If you do, you'll finish the survey and get zen, if not, then back to the bucket you go.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Captain
# 19
06-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
When you do pop ups like the one you're currently offering which offer "Free ZEN" and those of us who've been with Cryptic since 2009 follow the links only to get this message:

This feature is inaccessible at this time.

Your account needs to be at least one week old and have
a character at least level 10 in order for you to take
advantage of this feature.

Thanks,
Perfect World Entertainment

We generally are not at all amused since we've been here forever and have all our characters at level 50.

Thanks,

Cryptic Customers

PS: don't "move the thread" if you haven't read it - thank you very much!
Is your Perfect World Account a week old yet, that's probably the issue that's stopping you from claiming
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Career Officer
# 20
06-27-2012, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsix View Post
I've worked in Market Research, and the answer is simple. Some questions will place you inside of, or outside of a target demographic. An example might be "how many movies have you seen in the theater in the last month?"

If you answer "0", then the entire survey asking you about your taste in movies, prefference for 3D, willingness to buy those same titles on bluRay, etc. is totally pointless.

Similarly, by answering questions, you might place yourself inside an over-represented demographic, for example, white males, 18-24 with some college education. If a survey has been running a while, they may have "heard from more than enough" people in that group.. and they may be still pressing the survey in an effort to reach some more Hispanic females in the 45-60 age range.

There can be all sorts of reasons behind the scenes why you might be disqualified from a survey. Unfortunately, the "payouts" for paid surveys tend to evaporate if you're disqualified in the early stages, and if the third question placed you outside the scope of the respondents they're seeking.. well.. sorry.
The obvious solution, then, is to figure out what the survey company wants and lie to them. Gotcha.