Empire Veteran
# 21
06-27-2012, 01:47 AM
I log in every day. Just now I got:

Quote:
This feature is inaccessible at this time.

Your account needs to be at least one week old and have
a character at least level 10 in order for you to take
advantage of this feature.

Thanks,
Perfect World Entertainment
This happened 2 minutes ago.

It is broken.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Rihannsu
# 22
06-27-2012, 03:38 AM
same here never worked so far
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 23
06-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
Get 1 zen and 430000 spam emails..... not worth now or in 1000 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsix View Post
I've worked in Market Research, and the answer is simple. Some questions will place you inside of, or outside of a target demographic. An example might be "how many movies have you seen in the theater in the last month?"

If you answer "0", then the entire survey asking you about your taste in movies, prefference for 3D, willingness to buy those same titles on bluRay, etc. is totally pointless.

Similarly, by answering questions, you might place yourself inside an over-represented demographic, for example, white males, 18-24 with some college education. If a survey has been running a while, they may have "heard from more than enough" people in that group.. and they may be still pressing the survey in an effort to reach some more Hispanic females in the 45-60 age range.

There can be all sorts of reasons behind the scenes why you might be disqualified from a survey. Unfortunately, the "payouts" for paid surveys tend to evaporate if you're disqualified in the early stages, and if the third question placed you outside the scope of the respondents they're seeking.. well.. sorry.

And this is the problem with the way a lot of marketers think... no offense intended, podsix.

I get why a survey might become pointless when the individual doesn't meet the needed demographic. And there's no good way to prequalify an internet responder without yet another survey.

But... someone took the time to bother with filling out a survey, possibly expecting whatever reward was promised. No matter whether their responses are directly helpful or not, the researchers harvested an email address along with some amount of demographical data which most likely gets sold to some third party or used to push some other product.

When the only reward a respondant gets is an inbox full of spam email that they can't stop flowing, I'd say that the researchers took advantage of that respondant in a way that a few points of ZEN is no compensation at all. And if they don't even get that...

It's no wonder people try to cheat the system, use throwaway addresses, and make the data as worthless as the reward.

Worse, if the respondant answers "correctly" in order to satisfy the survey, the researcher gets slanted data. Which the researcher is well aware is slanted, because they crafted the survey to get the answers they wanted to get. The whole proposition becomes ethically questionable and invalid from a scientific perspective.

I believe marketing research can be done ethically, scientifically, and responsibly but this doesn't sound like it fits that criteria.

I'd just as soon buy the ZEN and skip the hassle, myself.
Lieutenant
# 24
06-27-2012, 08:38 AM
I am getting the same issue, even though I have been playing for well over two months and have a lvl 30 character.
Career Officer
# 25
06-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Same issue here
Career Officer
# 26
06-27-2012, 09:17 AM
I was able to rack up 2145 ZEN playing the Survey game starting yesterday about 11am CST, but by 4pm CST yesterday It went back to the sorry, your acct must be 10 days old garbage. Hope they fix this soon.
Career Officer
# 27
06-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
And this is the problem with the way a lot of marketers think... no offense intended, podsix.

I get why a survey might become pointless when the individual doesn't meet the needed demographic. And there's no good way to prequalify an internet responder without yet another survey.

But... someone took the time to bother with filling out a survey, possibly expecting whatever reward was promised. No matter whether their responses are directly helpful or not, the researchers harvested an email address along with some amount of demographical data which most likely gets sold to some third party or used to push some other product.

When the only reward a respondant gets is an inbox full of spam email that they can't stop flowing, I'd say that the researchers took advantage of that respondant in a way that a few points of ZEN is no compensation at all. And if they don't even get that...

It's no wonder people try to cheat the system, use throwaway addresses, and make the data as worthless as the reward.

Worse, if the respondant answers "correctly" in order to satisfy the survey, the researcher gets slanted data. Which the researcher is well aware is slanted, because they crafted the survey to get the answers they wanted to get. The whole proposition becomes ethically questionable and invalid from a scientific perspective.

I believe marketing research can be done ethically, scientifically, and responsibly but this doesn't sound like it fits that criteria.

I'd just as soon buy the ZEN and skip the hassle, myself.
Another reason why I am not a PWE fan and do not respond to surveys at all because there is a good chance I will be conned by questionable business ethics.
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Ensign
# 28
06-27-2012, 11:32 AM
I too have been using this recently in the past few days with some success yet it fails to work for me now as well. What games do I need to use?
Career Officer
So, it's been more than a week and this stupid bug still persists.
Even into the time they start their new Ship sale.

We are sorry in order to access this feature , your account must have been active for a week and must have a character of level 10 etc etc etc.

If they can't even get this right, why would I trust them with anything that involves their entire Zen system. Including sinking any money into it whatsoever , let alone giving them cc info.

I have been playing the game with an active account since january. Thats WAAAAY more than a week, and I guess despite multiple Level 50 Vice admiral or Lt generals , I dont have a character that counts as Level 10 or above.

I might have dropped a crapload of cash on this ship sale if I had even an iota of trust in the current payment system.

As it is, Perfect World has simply ensured that I will continue to play this game for FREE , and never drop another dime on it. Even once they get this fixed, they have now completely broken the trust I once had in them. Odds are I will never give another penny to this game.

So, what this actually is , is not a rant about how something is broken.

What it is , is a rant about the fact that as a company , what used to be Cryptic but has become Cryptic by way of Perfect World, has with their recent decisions and inability to deliver a seamless changeover into the combined PW/Cryptic era, lost faith and trust of many MANY long time LTS, Gold members , and now finally the first wave of F2P.

I no longer have any faith in the company's ability to deliver.
On well just about anything.
For me, that means my entertainment budget will go elsewhere.

Get things working , for Q's Sake !
How big of a blunder is it , that the entire system with which people give you money to get in game currency was broken for 2 days after this big combine accounts change ?
A huge blunder.
Not the kind of thing competent business people have happen.

And the fact that much of the system is still broken a week later...

yeah, I am feeling pretty low about the state of the game right now.
But it's not the game itself driving me away from ever spending money on it again, and that ... that is the kicker.

When your website and forums , which are supposed to help support the game, end up making customers decide to never spend money on you again... That's a problem.
Captain
# 30
06-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
So, it's been more than a week and this stupid bug still persists.
Even into the time they start their new Ship sale.

We are sorry in order to access this feature , your account must have been active for a week and must have a character of level 10 etc etc etc.

If they can't even get this right, why would I trust them with anything that involves their entire Zen system. Including sinking any money into it whatsoever , let alone giving them cc info.

I have been playing the game with an active account since january. Thats WAAAAY more than a week, and I guess despite multiple Level 50 Vice admiral or Lt generals , I dont have a character that counts as Level 10 or above.

I might have dropped a crapload of cash on this ship sale if I had even an iota of trust in the current payment system.

As it is, Perfect World has simply ensured that I will continue to play this game for FREE , and never drop another dime on it. Even once they get this fixed, they have now completely broken the trust I once had in them. Odds are I will never give another penny to this game.

So, what this actually is , is not a rant about how something is broken.

What it is , is a rant about the fact that as a company , what used to be Cryptic but has become Cryptic by way of Perfect World, has with their recent decisions and inability to deliver a seamless changeover into the combined PW/Cryptic era, lost faith and trust of many MANY long time LTS, Gold members , and now finally the first wave of F2P.

I no longer have any faith in the company's ability to deliver.
On well just about anything.
For me, that means my entertainment budget will go elsewhere.

Get things working , for Q's Sake !
How big of a blunder is it , that the entire system with which people give you money to get in game currency was broken for 2 days after this big combine accounts change ?
A huge blunder.
Not the kind of thing competent business people have happen.

And the fact that much of the system is still broken a week later...

yeah, I am feeling pretty low about the state of the game right now.
But it's not the game itself driving me away from ever spending money on it again, and that ... that is the kicker.

When your website and forums , which are supposed to help support the game, end up making customers decide to never spend money on you again... That's a problem.
I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. Our billing team is working on this and hopes to have all outstanding issues resolved.

This topic is not about Star Trek Online, so I am merging it in a thread with a similar subject.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=