Career Officer
# 121
06-21-2012, 06:49 AM
I feel ya on that one bro. Lifer since day 1. Regrets, regrets *sits back and sips scotch, reflecting*
[/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Captain
# 122
06-21-2012, 06:54 AM
I solved the 'bad password/username' problem with trying to link the accounts.

Basically the system is lying when it says 'log in with your cryptic information and then link your PWE account'- what you actually have to do is the reverse. Lg in with your PWE account on STO's site, and then link your Cryptic Account. The latter works. The former... notsomuch.
Career Officer
# 123
06-21-2012, 08:53 AM
I strongly disapprove this forced change.

thefactthatyoucantuseanythingbutlowercaselettersin yourhandleisridiculous
Starfleet Veteran
# 124
06-21-2012, 10:58 AM
There are no Star Trek Online RSS feeds meaning that my fleet cannot post the latest news via the bot since it will post all of PWE's games when we dont have an interest in them.
Rhys Delta
Head of Technical Services
TaskForce Atlantis
www.taskforceatlantis.com
STO Forums Join Date: August 2009
Lieutenant
# 125
06-21-2012, 11:00 AM
I know this one is old but yet so true

http://mlblogskaybee.files.wordpress...lefacepalm.jpg
Ensign
# 126
06-21-2012, 11:05 AM
I just want my user name back.

I don't like being told it can't be changed when I know it can.

I also don't like being told to just make a new account just to post on the forums.

If I pay this company money every month. They are more than capable of going in and changing my name. It's not even a difficult computer operation, especially since It won't effect my STO information since that's tied to my STO @Handel.
The Artist Formerly Known As Alastor Forthright.

"You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist
Rihannsu
# 127
06-21-2012, 11:11 AM
I have to admit, I'm disappointed by this move as well, And why can't we use our own avatars anymore?
Lt. Commander
# 128
06-21-2012, 11:24 AM
well i did mention this would become mandatory a moth back in a forum post, but people said "no way i cant see that happening" and now........here it is
Survivor of Romulus
# 129
06-21-2012, 11:27 AM
The perfect world support team can give some instructions, but not useful at all.

You can't unlink you account to choose another one to link and correct any mystaken.

You can't change the forum display. If the system gived to you something, you have to use this to end.

They can't do anything, only reset you PW account to get the Crypt account linking reward, if you have a bug. OR reset your Crypt account. Just reset your password, nothing more. Really, this is umber-stupid. This is support? No, really...

And about the Crypt team, I get no answer about the character transfer to the Test Server because the account link problems.
PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
Starfleet Veteran
# 130
06-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morganusmikaru
Yes. and I WANT to change my display name/forum name. WHERE CAN I DO THIS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Unfortunately, there is no way to do this. We've added this to the FAQ.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
From my support ticket:

Quote:
Thank you for writing to us! Your Perfect World @handle (Display Name) will now display in the game forums, although your original Cryptic @handle will still display in game. We are unable to change your display name.
I call BS on this, If I managed to get an offensive name, you can be damn sure they'd be able to change it.

They just can't be bothered.
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (That can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.