Ensign
# 221
06-27-2012, 05:50 PM
I goofed up, I did not read all the directions. I went back and read all the directions, and found out that I did not have link up, because I already have a pwe account, and I do not get the link up bonus.
Rihannsu
# 222
06-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Well, I took the plunge, and linked my account. Everything appears to be in order, though I had to change my Display Name (PatricianVetinari was too many characters...). I even got my promo gift.

Swell. I've been assimilated.

The forums still look cheap/bad, but whatever... :smile:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Lieutenant
# 223
06-27-2012, 09:54 PM
I gave it a crack and was finally able to log in for the first time since the link earlier today (my post was about 12h ago). Got on and was happy. Did not even know about the promotion thing going on, so a nice surprise to see I was able to get that. Logged out. But now, can not get back in. Again saying my name or password is invalid. Come on!
Joined STO 20091001. Started playing STO 20120303. Yup, waited 2.5 years for them to go free-to-play. ; Christian, Borg, Time Lord, ninja! I am that hero!
Ensign
# 224
06-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodan5 View Post
I goofed up, I did not read all the directions. I went back and read all the directions, and found out that I did not have link up, because I already have a pwe account, and I do not get the link up bonus.
well, then i guess im not the only one who got screwed over

Ensign
# 225
07-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Whoever designed this system needs to read up on a thing called convenience.

1) Lost my original screen name, no biggie I'll add a few different numbers at the end, but still annoying

2) Why in the name of all that is holy would I need 2 DIFFERENT NAMES to register an account?

Two

Different

Names!

3) Why not just use the details had from Cryptic's account server.

Revise your system. If you're going to force us to do something please at least make it convenient.
Survivor of Romulus
# 226
07-03-2012, 05:03 AM
How do you change the forum title? Or did I miss it somewhere?

And I mean the LTS forum title btw.

Edit: nvm. Found it in the oddest place.

Last edited by stormstryke2; 07-03-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Ensign
# 227
07-04-2012, 04:20 PM
So I linked my accounts. I can now log into the websites, account management, and forums. I use the same credentials for the game and it tells me it's wrong. I use old credentials, tells me to use the PWE new ones.

So I view forums but I cant actually play the damn games.

GG

Last edited by sevenbitbrian7; 07-04-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Ensign
# 228
07-04-2012, 09:48 PM
can somebody help me, it wont let me log onto my cryptic account to link them, everytime i try it tell me user info is wrong.. i know it right so just for the hell of it i went cryptic webside and reset my ps still cant log in to link
Starfleet Veteran
# 229
07-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I linked up my Cryptic and PWE accounts a week or two ago and everything seemed OK. I had to pick a new, different login name and forum handle, but I got my incentive package on my main character and I can login with the new PWE login name and play all of my characters. My forum handle also has access to the 'Career Officer' title. I thought all was good.

Then I decided I would buy some "Zen" for my account, but when I went to the STO "Purchase ZEN" page I noticed that my account was listed as active for zero days and the status was "Inactive". Furthermore, when I'm in the forum the status in the upper right corner, above the posts below the ad, says "Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0". That used to link to my in game mail before the forum change and I definitely have mail in my in game mail.

What gives, is my account linked properly or not. Are others in this limbo, half way linked status or is it just me? I held off on buying any ZEN, just seemed too risky.

EDIT: Apparently the days active and status was related to the game being down, because now its displaying the correct values. The "Private Messages" issue is still present, but that could just be a feature of the new forums. Does anyone else have that problem?

Last edited by stonefyre; 07-05-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Career Officer
# 230
07-06-2012, 04:53 PM
A friend of mine just tried to link his accounts so he can get on Tribble for the testing weekend. He put in his birthdate (year 1965) and he keeps getting the message that, "We're sorry we cannot provide service to someone under the age of 13". Does this have to do with the fact that when the new forums launched the date was 1969? If so how does he fix it?