Ensign
# 231
07-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Still can't log into this game or Champions Online after linking my accounts. yes I am selecting Perfect World, yes I am entering the right information, its the same thing that lets me log in here. But it tells me it's wrong when I try to log into the game.

Kind of hard to spend money on a game I can't play Perfect World. WTF!?
Ensign
# 232
07-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenbitbrian7 View Post
Still can't log into this game or Champions Online after linking my accounts. yes I am selecting Perfect World, yes I am entering the right information, its the same thing that lets me log in here. But it tells me it's wrong when I try to log into the game.

Kind of hard to spend money on a game I can't play Perfect World. WTF!?
How long is your password?

It seems PWE cares very little for account security and does not like passwords that contain more than 10 characters. I had the same problem as well as quite a few of my friends, but as soon as we made shorter passwords all was fixed...

Give it a try if your password if you are affected.

Vice Admiral Five: Federation Patrol Alliance (Personal Alt Fleet).
Captain Shakira: Ferasan Shadow Force.
Ensign
# 233 Linking process blows chunks
07-07-2012, 03:06 PM
I must say that Perfect World really went out of it's way to make the linking process pretty unbearable . It would seem to me that you should be able to reuse your Cryptic account information, but no that would be too easy. Also limiting the user name to letters and numbers. Really? So no underlines, no dots, no other separators, wow very 1980s if you ask me! I have given F2P a chance and pretty much hate it. I wish I could get my money back for the wasted lifetime membership, the perks are few, fairly worthless and pretty far between. I used to love Trek, bugs and all, when the Universe was expanding and not just centered on gimmicks to get you to spend all the time. Lock boxes are a joke, unless I am guaranteed Purple quality rare item I will not waste my time. Who really gives a darn about uniform packages, why does a so called micro transaction occur just to change your name, a quarter is micro many dollars is not! I can no longer recommend STO and I no longer believe it is worth it. Unless Perfect World starts to treat the lifetime members better I can see no reason for anyone to become a lifetime member as all they do is try to get you to spend more and more, while there is a miniscule monthly stipend of 400 Credits that would barely allow you to change your name, what a joke!
Ensign
# 234 Aid.
07-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Hello. Would like to know how to revive my code that I need to play the game when i open the client. Anyone have any steps or tips? Thanks, platnumtoaster
Career Officer
# 235
07-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumtoaster View Post
Hello. Would like to know how to revive my code that I need to play the game when i open the client. Anyone have any steps or tips? Thanks, platnumtoaster
If you're talking about Account Guard, it's sent to your e-mail. Check your Spam filters if you're not seeing it.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Lieutenant
# 236
07-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Problem.

So I linked. I log in using Perfect world option in launcher. None of my characters exist in Perfect world version.

However I log in with Cryptic account and my characters exist.

I got back to linking accounts, and it says my cryptic account is already linked.

I dunno. lol. Maybe someone knows whats going on, or if this is working as intended.
Lieutenant
# 237 Acct. Merging Problem
07-11-2012, 11:13 PM
So I went to the link to merge accounts. Did it. Went to launcher, selected option for log in with perfect world acct. My characters didn't exist on the acct.

I log in with cryptic option. Characters existed.

I go back to account linking, says account is already linked.

Both pwe and cryptic accounts share the name account name. I don't know if thats a problem or not. What gives? Is this a common problem?
Career Officer
# 238
07-12-2012, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebloome View Post

I log in with cryptic option. Characters existed.

I go back to account linking, says account is already linked.
This is a strange one. Because if the accounts were successfully linked you would NOT be able to log in under Cryptic. Once merged you are forced to use your Perfect World account.

I don't know anything to tell you except open an Incident with PW support. They will probably send you a form letter detailing how to link your accounts at first. If they do you'll have to open a second Incident saying their first reply didn't help. I had to do this myself but for a different problem.
Lieutenant
# 239
07-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagledraco View Post
This is a strange one. Because if the accounts were successfully linked you would NOT be able to log in under Cryptic. Once merged you are forced to use your Perfect World account.

I don't know anything to tell you except open an Incident with PW support. They will probably send you a form letter detailing how to link your accounts at first. If they do you'll have to open a second Incident saying their first reply didn't help. I had to do this myself but for a different problem.

Fixed it. Thankfully.
Ensign
# 240
07-14-2012, 03:30 AM
linked my accounts and my characters dont show up on the perfect world account and i cant log into my cryptic account anymore
is there a way to see what accounts are linked in-case there is a mistake somewhere?,