Lieutenant
# 41
06-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Well, why not, US?

We are after all the guinea pigs in most situations. The Foundry for example, while "pioneered" for STO back in Season 3, has seen very little updates (yes, updates are promised, but they aren't here YET). It is a flawed system, which has badly needed reworking on certain areas for over a year. The more "perfected" version of The Foundry, is sitting in the Neverwinter development build, and will be released when the game is released later this year. Meanwhile, we sit with the BETA version of the tool in STO.

And yes, I understand PWE_BranFlakes isn't solely to blame for this ridiculous blunder of PWE/Cryptic. But he is the most visible and most active of the PWE/Cryptic staff at current, so i'm sorry to say, he'll have to be the focus of most "rage" for the next few days.

Unless things get significantly improved on the forums, I have no intention of letting this "die down", and will make sure to keep the forums reminded about the fiasco, until things ARE improved.
Well, I agree (as above), that we are the Beta Test for this site and forum change.

I've wanted to make missions in the Foundry forever... but I just can't stand how limited it is. I heard they were going to add "Cutscene" stuff into it a while back, but it looks like that just got ported to Neverwinter, and never touched us.

And if you truly think you can keep it alive, then by all means. This stuff needs fixing. Unfortunately, complaining usually DOES die down after a little while of no response (Which, I'm guessing, is what PWE is going for).

PWE is VERY SPARINGLY responding, not giving definitive answers or help. They're hoping that, if we see nothing being done, that we will just give up.

Godspeed to those who plan to keep the fight alive, best of luck.
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
06-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We've just launched the new Star Trek Online website, and we're sure you have questions. Read more for answers and other important information.

Link to the news article.

Well, I linked the accounts as per required, and now when I try to log into STO launcher:

if I use Cryptic with the old account name and old password, it tells me to log in using the PWE account name.

if I use the linked (new) PWE account name (signing up would not allow me to use the same account name for convenience) -- the password field is too short for my old password and the login fails.

So, by doing your required linking process, I have basically locked myself out of Star Trek Online. Smooth move, Cryptic.
Ensign
# 43
06-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charon1 View Post
You only get the reward if you link them now, during this promo - not after it, not before it.

Just like every other promo - I bought gamma quadrant doffs last month and got no Lobi crystals
Thanks for being a **** who can't read.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=569601

Right in there, in the original news story, it states that those who had already linked will get this as well. So, now, to the people who can actually help me; how can I resolve this issue of not being able to find the reward in the C-Store. I looked in items and it is not there. So, if you could please help me figure this out.
Empire Veteran
# 44
06-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Can we still buy CP for other people with these ZEN shenanigans? I was looking into sending some to a fleetmate but the process doesn't seem to be as straightforward as it used to be.
Empire Veteran
# 45
06-20-2012, 02:13 PM
well thnx to whoever for getting Zen transfer fixed.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Starfleet Veteran
# 46
06-20-2012, 02:14 PM
"By linking your Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic accounts, you will enjoy a more streamlined process in accessing your information and logging into your favorite games."

Ahahahaha.

That's a good one.

If by more streamlined, you mean "added four steps to buying points", then sure.
Republic Veteran
# 47
06-20-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm sure the reason this was done was because PW was already running forums, account servers, etc., and Accounting was wondering why they were double-paying, basically. Also, the PW support folks were probably wondering something similar.

So from a 50,000 foot level, it makes sense.

Unfortunately the devil is always in the details.

For me, the biggest issue is the devtracker. I long ago stopped reading most of the forum, as it's become overrun with whining, raging, and nonsense. I just come by for the devtracker now, and if that's not fixed, I'll have no reason to come to the forums at all.
Ensign
# 48
06-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanix1986 View Post
Right in there, in the original news story, it states that those who had already linked will get this as well. So, now, to the people who can actually help me; how can I resolve this issue of not being able to find the reward in the C-Store. I looked in items and it is not there. So, if you could please help me figure this out.
And yet, you can't do it

They've already edited one news story to take out false and misleading information, what makes you think this one's accurate or trustworthy, in the face of your contrary experience?

Last edited by charon1; 06-20-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 49
06-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Poor Branflakes, I imagine you were told to do it but c'mon, did you think coming out and flatly LYING about the functionality of vBulletin like none of us have ever used it would work?
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/vector7_bucket/Batman-Arkham-City-The-Joker-Trailer-Banner-614x239.jpg
Captain
# 50
06-20-2012, 02:19 PM
@ Charon: I believe your post was referring to hanix1986, not me. Another fail on PWE/Cryptic's part, with the quoting system? :smile: