Career Officer
# 121
06-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenguyver View Post
Yep good call on Beam overload too, and yeah just had to think back when i started . . and ENG team 1 & EPTS turned out to be a little god send . . lol, as you say especially when starting out and your hull strength is quite low . . yet saying that . . i still swear by them at level 50 . . :biggrin:
Every ship I run has at least one Eng team and one EP2S.
I can't see not running those skills.
Lieutenant
# 122
06-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Totally with you there, i was thinking that for a sci ability at the start, "Jam sensors" served me well too. It came in handy to get a few cheap shots in on the enemy npc. :biggrin:
Career Officer
# 123
06-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Starter ship has only 1 engineering ability. Can't have both Eng team AND EP2S (emergency power to shields).

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenguyver View Post
Totally with you there, i was thinking that for a sci ability at the start, "Jam sensors" served me well too. It came in handy to get a few cheap shots in on the enemy npc. :biggrin:
Jam sensors seems to be the default sci skill that comes with your initial sci bridge officer. I seem to get it whenever I start a new character. Works well enough, but it you are having trouble surviving, a heal like hazard emitters may be a better option. Especially if you go with emergency power to shields for your engineering ability. That way, you will have 1 shield heal, and 1 hull heal.

And Elizabeth, feel free to send me a friend invite as well (@Latinumbar). Be glad to help where I can. Oh and to change your bridge officer skills, there is a trainer at ESD (earth space dock). He is located by the entrance to sick bay. I think it costs EC (energy credits) to change their skills. If you don't have any, let me know, and I can get you some starter cash. I'm not ultra-rich, but a couple of hundred thousand EC is absolutely no sweat off my back if you want to upgrade your gear and such.
# 124
06-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
Starter ship has only 1 engineering ability. Can't have both Eng team AND EP2S (emergency power to shields).
Understand that. Was mainly just indicating that like Drunkenguyver, even at max level I am running those skills, because they are so damned useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
Jam sensors seems to be the default sci skill that comes with your initial sci bridge officer. I seem to get it whenever I start a new character. Works well enough, but it you are having trouble surviving, a heal like hazard emitters may be a better option. Especially if you go with emergency power to shields for your engineering ability. That way, you will have 1 shield heal, and 1 hull heal.

I agree that Jam sensors seems to be the default SCI Boffs skill. I'm gonna disagree with Haz Emitters though. At low level you aren't seeing the lingering damage like Plasma fires and the like. The hull heal is so small and slow as to be almost unnoticable when you are getting actively fired upon. To combine a hull and a shield heal. Engineering Team and Science Team. But the shared Cooldown is a killer there.

I highly suggest SCI Team/Emergency to Shields to boost survivability.
Career Officer
# 125
06-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
I agree that Jam sensors seems to be the default SCI Boffs skill. I'm gonna disagree with Haz Emitters though. At low level you aren't seeing the lingering damage like Plasma fires and the like. The hull heal is so small and slow as to be almost unnoticable when you are getting actively fired upon. To combine a hull and a shield heal. Engineering Team and Science Team. But the shared Cooldown is a killer there.

I highly suggest SCI Team/Emergency to Shields to boost survivability.
That combo will work too, although you have no hull heal. The low level gorn ships, however, DO use eject warp plasma which hazard emitters will get you out of. Hazard emitters will also provide a damage resistance buff. Ultimately, there is no RIGHT answer, and it's a matter of preference. If you want another shield heal, transfer shield strength is actually better than sci team, plus it gives damage resistance as well.
# 126
06-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the game. Its a pretty nice community and as a girl I'm sure plenty of folks will be extra nice to you. Sry if anyone comes off creepy but its sure to eventually with every game/MMO. Us guys with female toons even get it sometimes.

My advice is if you're a silver run your KDF toon even if you don't plan on playing as KDF. Level them up to unlock the Doff system then park them at the KDF acadamy and have them farm Doff assignments\Lore\Data chip missions. Its worth logging in for 5 minutes to earn the quick Dil, memory chip, contraband and EC that you'll earn off them.

Also buy the Collectors edition off Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Onli.../dp/B002V1PTO8

Its less then 15 bucks and you get a month of gold (for slot unlocks) and some cool free stuff plus the book and Pin.
Career Officer
# 127
06-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
Us guys with female toons even get it sometimes.
That's for sure. I used to have a female captain up until the point where one very lonely Trekkie sent me a tell asking if he could look up my skirt in exchange for taking me out to Red Lobster for cheesy biscuits. Judging by his wording and the way he was coming on to me...I think he was serious and not just trolling me.

I only play male characters now. x.x

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Commander
# 128
06-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
That's for sure. I used to have a female captain up until the point where one very lonely Trekkie sent me a tell asking if he could look up my skirt in exchange for taking me out to Red Lobster for cheesy biscuits. Judging by his wording and the way he was coming on to me...I think he was serious and not just trolling me.

I only play male characters now. x.x
That's strange right? You'd think a female toon with the word "KING" in it would tell you its a dude on the other side. The "gaming community" has so many bad eggs its crazy.
Lieutenant
# 129
06-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Oh wow!

Firstly, thank you to all for the offer of help and tips and all the awesome stuff! I WILL be sure to holler ingame for stuff if needbe, which I'm sure I will need you guys.

Secondly, thank you all for being really nice to me. I really appreciate it.

Thirdly, Dang! I didn't realize how many people out there can be idiots ingame! Wow!

I had a little bit of time before biology (which, firearms was AWESOME!), so I thought I'd come on and see if there were any replies.

Be back soon, trekkies! :biggrin:

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
Lieutenant
# 130
06-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxalpha5 View Post
A large friends list is a great way to start an MMO!

Oh and I ninja friend invited you, hope you don't mind :smile:
Of course I don't mind!! :biggrin:

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.