Lieutenant
# 41
06-20-2012, 03:29 PM
You all have been so gracious to me!! I had to drop off for awhile to finish wedding plans... (helping my mom's friend out with her wedding. IMO, elope ya'll. Gosh...lol)

I came home to find so many more replies! I totally was psyched!

So, I'll now reply to you all.
Lieutenant
# 42
06-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
Welcome to STO, Elizabeth. Once you get your feet wet, you might consider joining a fleet. (Actually, a fleet can be of great help when starting out as well). The upcoming season 6 release will feature a lot fleet development content. Plus, it's nice to have a group of friends to play with. (Fleets in STO are like Guilds in other games).

Anyway, when you are ready, check out the fleet section of the forums. It's near the bottom of the main forum page, titled "Starbase One". Link:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79

There are quite a few good ones to choose from.

Oh, and Roach, I almost spit out my drink on my laptop when I read your display name.
Thanks! I shall definitely check it out!

To be honest, I'm a tad nervous about what all to do on here. Its like when you stop playing something like WoW for instance, and you come back, and it's all new and foreign to you. I know I'll definitely have to rely on you all to help me out at first, and if you know any other stuff to look up around here, let me know!!

Thank you so much for the help and for being very nice!
Lieutenant
# 43
06-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xr34p3r View Post
Welcome to STO feel free to ask any of the nut-- err helpful players for info anytime. :tongue:
Haha! Thank you! I shall

It was nice to meet you :smile:
Lieutenant
# 44
06-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkerr View Post
Think of it like a lockbox...

I love a joke, thats all you need to know for now :biggrin:

Hmm, a lockbox?

:biggrin:

I guess I'll have to come up with clever ones, though I'm sure you've heard them all, eh?
Lieutenant
# 45
06-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxalpha5 View Post
Greetings, elizabethkirk! It is always good to see a new person so energetic! :biggrin:

Now, my global name is @DeltaFox and I will be so very happy to help out however I can in game. So shoot me a message (not a torpedo!) when you get ingame and we can be friends! Also, I love the newest trek movie! Also, ST: Enterprise!

Awe, thanks! :3

I shall shoot you a message sometime when my game is finished (not a torpedo, promise!) and yes! I'd love to be friends!
Oh I definitely cannot wait for the new one, can you? The more of Chris Pine and Quinto, the better.

Enterprise I haven't really gotten into much! Just TOS and TNG. Some of Voyager though.
Lieutenant
# 46
06-20-2012, 03:40 PM
@justin2384 if you need help with missions add me.
Lieutenant
# 47
06-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Since you have some time left before the game is ready to go and seem to like reading, how would you like to read up on some STO lore before you jump in?

Path to 2409

(Scroll down a bit to the part under "Chapters".)

STO takes place in the year 2409, which is 30 years after Star Trek: Nemesis. The above link goes to some stories that fill in the gaps between the movie and the game. These were released on the site before the game went live and have since been moved into the game. It might give you a better idea on situations and story lines we have going on in game.

Oh and I would suggest bookmarking the STO Wiki page, it's a good resource to have on hand.

http://www.stowiki.org/Main_Page

Checking them out now! Thank you ever so much! I love how informative you all are, and how helpful.
Lieutenant
# 48
06-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrady View Post
Hello Ellie! I'm another Trekkie lady in the community. I also roleplay (major gamer), cosplay, build weapons/armor, prosthetics and more, love tabletop RPG and LARPing - including sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, and steampunk LARP, and more. This year, I'm going for my second time to the massive Vegas Star Trek convention, which I recommend if/when you can ever make it to one! There's also another in London coming up (not sure where you're based in the world).

I also read and write at fanfiction.net (mostly TMNT, ST-TNG, Gargoyles, Farscape, Firefly, Riddick, and others). I'd love to get recommendations from you on good Trek stories and authors there!

On that note, if you are interested in fanfiction, the STO Foundry is PERFECT for you! I recently began working on my first mission and story with it and I know a few great foundry pros who can guide you if you need. If you aren't making the missions, then for sure check out the foundry in the game and play other people's missions/stories. It's in the side menu of the main Journal/Missions pop up page, as Community Authorized missions. Then just put anything in the search field (might have to click a little button to drop it down and make it visible) and see what comes up! Hail it and play it! There are ways to get more rewards from them and I can share if you'd like. Not sure what level you're at.

Also, feel free to mail me or find me in game and friend me. I'm always up for chatting, roleplay, or running missions with people - so if you want to level up faster or want company on a mission, contact me! When I'm being casual, silly, or roleplaying, I'm usually at Drozana Station or DS9.

~ Adrianne
STO Name - @agrady
email - adrianne@priorityonepodcast.com
Characters:
(Fed lvl 50) Oranne Tillhen / USS Emernoir
(KDF lvl 49) Shekklah Y'Tierahkk / IKS Y'Drevana
(Fed lvl 10) Adrianne Grady / USS Brinstar

Oh you can bet I am green with envy at this moment! Conventions!! I've always wanted to go to one, never had the money though. Maybe after graduation next Spring I'll have enough. (College student...enough said? heh)

I love how enthusiastic you are! How kind and just generous everyone is so far. Yes, I LOVE fanfiction. That's all I ever do when I'm home besides homework. I've definitely got a lot of stories bookmarked, the storylines people come up with!!

I shall definitely contact you via ingame and out, I could use all the help I can get!

Thank you, thank you, so so much!

--
Live Long and Prosper
-Ellie
STO Name: ElizabethKirk
Email: eliza-kaye@hotmail.com
Characters:
None
Lieutenant
# 49
06-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
welcome to the game and have fun.
Thank you!

PS: I quite like your FacePalm!Picard
Lieutenant
# 50
06-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
And if there's one thing you absolutely must know it's to...

never, ever, on your life, touch a lock box. They are poisoning the game. Don't spend a dime on master keys!
A lock box? I shall take your advice, and definitely read up on these things...

Thanks for the warning!