Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 65
# 51
06-20-2012, 03:49 PM
2 hours and 22 minutes?? It's gonna take Foooooorever to load, isn't it? I'll take this time to read up on all this though!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 65
# 52
06-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Reading over the wiki and the Accolade stories and all...

I'm glad I'm a devoted Trekkie, but good lord, what did I sign up for? LOL.

Is it just me, or did anybody feel kinda overwhelmed with all this?

....lol
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,782
# 53
06-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethkirk View Post
A lock box? I shall take your advice, and definitely read up on these things...

Thanks for the warning!
Hmm, let me give you quick run down on the lockbox deal.

Lockboxes are an item that drops randomly in the game from enemies and loot drops from certain events. These boxes are essentially "mystery" boxes that have different items inside them. A random number generator decides what you get when you open the box. Items could be anything ranging from cheap consumables to a rare starship.

Here's the catch though: In order to open these boxes, you need to spend real money in the cash shop on an item called a "Master Key." These keys cost just over $1. Without this key, you cannot open the box. You can also buy these keys off of the in game exchange (auction house) that other players are selling. You can also use dilithium (and in game currency) to trade for cash shop points to buy the keys.

These have been a source of contention in the player base as a good deal of people out there are not fond of this, myself included. The chances of getting that rare starship are very, very low. Some people have spend hundreds of dollars and have not gotten a ship. Other have been lucky and gotten one on the first try, or very shortly after. The other thing is that these boxes can be quite intrusive as the boxes themselves have a high drop rate. I've opted to stop picking them up as my inventory space can't handle all of them. :tongue: I also throw away the ones I pick up by accident.

I'll let you make up your own mind about whether or not you like them or want to use them, but just know that there's a good deal of hate for them around these parts.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
# 54
06-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Grab your money and run while you still can.
This game has nothing to do with Star Trek anymore.
It's just a captitalistic "game" run buy crazy asians who like to play "Kill everything you see" games.
There are much better Star Trek games out there than this game will ever be.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 873
# 55
06-20-2012, 04:07 PM
OMG ITS A GIRL!! ADD ME AS A FRIEND IN GAME etc etc...

This stupid new forum layout wont let me post pictures so click this link
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 65
# 56
06-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
OMG ITS A GIRL!! ADD ME AS A FRIEND IN GAME etc etc...

This stupid new forum layout wont let me post pictures so click this link

Haha, Yes, I am of the female species. Human, however? Lol jk. Yes, I'm a girl.

And that's funny!! I've never seen that meme before, but I laughed! I'll have to wait an estimated time of 2 hours and 5 minutes before friending you, as you say....

LOL, of course I'll friend you. I just had to talk Spock

:biggrin:
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 65
# 57
06-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter90 View Post
Grab your money and run while you still can.
This game has nothing to do with Star Trek anymore.
It's just a captitalistic "game" run buy crazy asians who like to play "Kill everything you see" games.
There are much better Star Trek games out there than this game will ever be.
LOL I probably won't run, but I know from what advice I've been given, I will not be paying a dime. Or a penny. Thanks for the advice!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 65
# 58
06-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Hmm, let me give you quick run down on the lockbox deal.

Lockboxes are an item that drops randomly in the game from enemies and loot drops from certain events. These boxes are essentially "mystery" boxes that have different items inside them. A random number generator decides what you get when you open the box. Items could be anything ranging from cheap consumables to a rare starship.

Here's the catch though: In order to open these boxes, you need to spend real money in the cash shop on an item called a "Master Key." These keys cost just over $1. Without this key, you cannot open the box. You can also buy these keys off of the in game exchange (auction house) that other players are selling. You can also use dilithium (and in game currency) to trade for cash shop points to buy the keys.

These have been a source of contention in the player base as a good deal of people out there are not fond of this, myself included. The chances of getting that rare starship are very, very low. Some people have spend hundreds of dollars and have not gotten a ship. Other have been lucky and gotten one on the first try, or very shortly after. The other thing is that these boxes can be quite intrusive as the boxes themselves have a high drop rate. I've opted to stop picking them up as my inventory space can't handle all of them. :tongue: I also throw away the ones I pick up by accident.

I'll let you make up your own mind about whether or not you like them or want to use them, but just know that there's a good deal of hate for them around these parts.

I find it funny that people will actually spend loads of money on... inanimate objects? Like this one. However, I'm VERY... picky? when it comes to money. I'm lucky this was free-play!!

But yeah, I've let others make my mind up for me! LOL
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
# 59
06-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethkirk View Post
LOL I probably won't run, but I know from what advice I've been given, I will not be paying a dime. Or a penny. Thanks for the advice!
Okay then dont let yourself ever get fooled by those PWE ******s . You don't need anything they sell for $ to be competitive in this game. Save them for sth more useful.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 65
# 60
06-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter90 View Post
Okay then dont let yourself ever get fooled by those PWE ******s . You don't need anything they sell for $ to be competitive in this game. Save them for sth more useful.
Of course.

I appreciate the look-out for me.

I don't see why anything should cost on a free-play.... dumb, ain't it?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 PM.