Captain
# 1 Non-VA Ships Every Again?
06-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Since F2P, every c-store ship release has been either a shuttle or a VA-level premium ship. While cool, I was curious if there were ever again going to be lower level ships again, or if the new model means VA (to justify the higher premium) from here on out? I for one would certainly love some new RA ships with universal consoles, so that with one purchase I'd get both an end-game usable ship and a new console for my other characters unsuited to the new design. And there is certainly room for such ships on both sides (though especially with the Klingons). With the F2P business model and level speed of this game though, think non-VA ships will ever happen again?
Captain
# 2
06-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Aaaaand I just realized I misspelled 'Ever' in the title. D'oh!
Career Officer
# 3
06-21-2012, 04:32 PM
given the speed of levelling these days, most people don't spend cash on lower level cstore ships unless it is a show/tv/movie one they particularly like i am guessing.

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-21-2012, 05:22 PM
I started playing a week ago, I have a 47 Tactical, 38 Science, and 31 Klink. While I don't regret buying a few of the lower tier ships(I love the new 2409 aesthetic, and the consoles are tasty as well except for Ionised Gas Torpedo, which I think I've used once), I wouldn't do the same again. You just don't get to use them for long enough, and frankly if they're going to devote resources to making new ships rather than story content, I'd much prefer one-off-purchase VA ships than lockboxes or low-tier.
--------------
We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Captain
# 5
06-21-2012, 05:37 PM
The new freighter is lieutenant level.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Captain
# 6
06-21-2012, 05:39 PM
While true, (why bother with a ship you're going to use for 3 days?), I would really love to see some new stuff at the RA level with universals. Buy a new endgame ship for one character, get a new universal for all the rest, the efficiency of getting something that everyone can use for the purchase. Instead you end up paying $25 for a ship that, generally speaking, only one of your characters is going to get anything out of. Whats the point in that?