Career Officer
# 31
06-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Can you ONLY find the new Doff powers in this pack? Or can they randomly show up on in game acquired Doffs?
Empire Veteran
# 32
06-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rliant1864 View Post
I'm not so sure that's true. I've had the same DOFF layout since maybe rank 35 at most (Rank 50 now, been so for about a month and a half), and since then I've changed ships 3 or so times, and weapons/shields much more than that. I can honestly say the weapons/shields of my ship and the power layout made for a MUCH larger impact on gameplay than any DOFF ability I had.
maybe in pve when your opponents are brainless hit point sponges. in pvp someone with a crummy active roster doesn't stand a chance.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 33
06-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
its something Id cheerfully buy and fly
As someone that plays the market, I completely agree.

Brandon, does the "Energy Credit Discount" apply to exchange purchases too, or is it only for NPC vendors?
Captain
# 34
06-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Looks awesome. How much will it cost?
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Career Officer
# 35
06-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Y'know i really wouldn't mind more ships... but your drop rates for people getting them is silly... some people can get 3-4 ships then some others will open twice as many boxes than that other person and not get anything but junk, same with the Doff packs, needs to be evened out i'd say
Ensign
# 36
06-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torinthi View Post
Y'know i really wouldn't mind more ships... but your drop rates for people getting them is silly... some people can get 3-4 ships then some others will open twice as many boxes than that other person and not get anything but junk, same with the Doff packs, needs to be evened out i'd say
Just because a 1% chance means one out of one hundred is a win doesn't mean your hundred tries is going to include a winner. It's even over all players, just not necessarily over just one player.
Ensign
# 37
06-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
maybe in pve when your opponents are brainless hit point sponges. in pvp someone with a crummy active roster doesn't stand a chance.

From what I've heard, in PVP even little armament/skill mistakes are nigh unforgivable, so it's entirely possible something that small could give another person an advantage. However, from what else I've heard, PVP really isn't a big part of the game, given that PVP sucks ATM, and it's being reworked at some point by Cryptic. Hopefully Active Rosters will have a more fair place on your win chances.
Ensign
# 38
06-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Closer to .01%

More loto content.

No thanks.
Empire Veteran
# 39
06-20-2012, 06:16 PM
I find it strange that the Tuffli is in a "lockbox".

AFAIK freighters are quite common in Trek. So why must these be gambled on to be obtained? I thought the gambling aspect of getting ships was for those that are rare or shouldn't be that obtainable by Star Fleet or that CBS doesn't want commonly available.

Also, no engineering related new ground doff?
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Ensign
# 40
06-20-2012, 06:22 PM
No no, CBS has instisted these ships be rare. It's not about gouging the player base. Not at all.

<eyeroll>