Career Officer
# 171
07-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Don't ask for reviewd if you don't want any advice on your missions, or just tell Evil which aspects of your missions you want him to report on. Changes are not mandatory, you can choose to make changes according to suggestions or not, but I'm not sure he's reviewing to argue and acknowlegde you were right.
Thanks for the input on this topic. I do not mind if the author specifies specific elements within the mission they would like me to pay particular attention to. I've done that many times before.

Thanks again for the feedback and support. It is appreciated.
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Career Officer
Hey folks and especially those in the queue,

I think I already mentioned that I will be working on Comic-Con, San Diego this coming week. My hours are in the convention center at 6am and out at 8 or 9pm everyday through next weekend. Then of course I have to factor in drinking and partying while I am off work, so this will leave very little game time if any. Following Comic-Con I will be taking an additional week off and will being spending a lot time reviewing the queue.

Sorry for the delay, but do not worry I will get back into the missions as soon as I can.
Thanks for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Survivor of Romulus
# 173
07-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil70th View Post
Thanks for the input on this topic. I do not mind if the author specifies specific elements within the mission they would like me to pay particular attention to. I've done that many times before.

Thanks again for the feedback and support. It is appreciated.
Brian
How about specific things to ignore? I'll warn you now I use "Continue" in the dialogue buttons in a few places on my latest mission. It's really the only thing I differ from you on my approach to missions. I've always felt "Continue" works if two NPCs are having a conversation that i'm not ready to include the player in yet. I know you feel differently, so I thought I'd warn you before hand

Have fun at comic-con! Wish I was going with you!
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.

Last edited by drogyn1701; 07-08-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Career Officer
# 174
07-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
How about specific things to ignore? I'll warn you now I use "Continue" in the dialogue buttons in a few places on my latest mission. It's really the only thing I differ from you on my approach to missions. I've always felt "Continue" works if two NPCs are having a conversation that i'm not ready to include the player in yet. I know you feel differently, so I thought I'd warn you before hand

Have fun at comic-con! Wish I was going with you!
For me the use of "Continue" works in some situations. My biggest problem with it is when a BOFF gives the player a report and the response is "Continue". Picture the tactical BOFF saying "Captain, there is a Klingon Bird of Prey decloaking off the port bow" to which the Captain responds "Continue". That just doesn't work for me.

Brian
Empire Veteran
# 175
07-09-2012, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Hey folks and especially those in the queue,

I think I already mentioned that I will be working on Comic-Con, San Diego this coming week. My hours are in the convention center at 6am and out at 8 or 9pm everyday through next weekend. Then of course I have to factor in drinking and partying while I am off work, so this will leave very little game time if any. Following Comic-Con I will be taking an additional week off and will being spending a lot time reviewing the queue.

Sorry for the delay, but do not worry I will get back into the missions as soon as I can.
Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Don't apologize for having a real life. It sounds like a cool job, have fun in comic-con!
Captain
# 176
07-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Quote:
As an author and reviewer of missions I always welcome constructive feedback. Part of why I started doing my reviews is because I saw many ingame reviews that were less then helpful to the author. They were, in many cases, mean spirited with no real point to them. Thus was born my ?In depth mission reports upon request? forum posting. I do my best to give the author recommendations along with the feedback on the mission.
Oh yes, I've seen a lot of such reviews... don't really remember where, but I've seen them.

Quote:
I am far too old to care what anyone thinks of me, especially if they do not even really know me.
Well said

Quote:
Being able to point out mistakes is one thing and just about anyone can do that. Being able to do it in a way that the person actually listens to what you have to say is a talent that comes with practice. Not everyone can master the art. As I stated above, I always welcome constructive feedback of my work. However I would also like get this forum back on track with my reviews and the author that has been reviewed responding as they feel appropriate. That does not mean we cannot discuss questions regarding the reviews but let?s try to stay on topic please.
Yeah... It's people like diogene and backyardserenade that sometimes remind me that, as a dev said back when I was still new to the game, and indeed the forums (either that or I found an ancient post, either way I think it was Tumerboy), what was said to mean one thing might not end up sounding like it was intended...

Hmmm, I think I might try and sweep the archives in search of that post.

Edit: Oh, and have fun!

Re-edit: Oh, yes, found them. Good thing I remembered the words "your witty sarcasm".

Post 77, original post by Tumerboy.

Post 83, one of the more significant responses in my opinion.

Post 85, now-anonymous explanation of Tumerboy's post.

Oops, almost kept the 83 post at 77. That's what you get for copy-pasting this stuff...

Re-re-edit: Apparently, you also get three links to the same post, each saying that the post count is 77, 83, 85, or whatever number I assigned. Fixing... Done!

Re-re-re-edit: Hmmm, maybe I could get an extra mission into the queue while you're away... it'd definitely be a test of my speed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.

Last edited by dalolorn; 07-09-2012 at 02:50 AM.
Career Officer
# 177 Ready to continue
07-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Well I was ready to continue but am unable to work on it until the Foundry is back online. Hopefully it will be back online before my vacation is up. So maybe I'll play some other missions in the meantime...

Comic-Con was a blast and I worked 18 to 20 hours a day to make it so...

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Rihannsu
# 178
07-18-2012, 09:42 AM
I hope you had fun.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 179
07-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I hope you had fun.
It was a blast. I worked so much that I have to take an extra week off to recover. I was going to use this week to catch up on the queue but guess I have to wait.
Rihannsu
# 180
07-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Hey Evil can I withdraw my review requests for my later missions and just leave Thy Own Enemy in the queue?