Career Officer
# 741
10-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donperk View Post
In STO, it's typical to have people beam up when they are freed rather than have them follow you. If that doesn't violate the story premise (like there's something interfering with transporters) then that may be a better choice for you and will feel less awkward.
That would, in fact, violate the story's premise on three counts. One is that the player's ship isn't anywhere near Nivay IV at the time. The other two I won't spoil here.

Also, the assets I'm using to keep the prisoners inside are Captivity Device 02, which have baked-in forcefields and no equivalent asset without the forcefields baked in. So, I can't actually show the forcefields being deactivated either.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited by paxfederatica; 10-05-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Career Officer
# 742
10-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Hey folks,

Sorry for not conducting any reviews this last weekend. My daughter just got married in San Francisco and then we attended the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival in Golden Gate Park over the weekend. The wedding was great and the concert in the park was a lot of fun.

I will be trying to get back into the reviews this coming weekend.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Career Officer
# 743
10-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreobvious View Post
Thanks Evil. I appreciate the extra set of eyes catching the stuff I missed.
Hi Commodore,

Glad I could help. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Career Officer
# 744
10-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
My first Foundry mission, which I originally meant as a standalone. It came out longer than I expected so I've made it a two-parter.

Mission Name: "Bait and Switch"
Author: StarSwordC
Minimum Level: none
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HMVK8ZDAT
Estimated Mission Length: Measured it at 1.5 hours when beta-testing.
Hi Starwordc,

Welcome to the queue. Your mission is currently 13th in the queue behind maninblack. I am planning on getting back into the queue this weekend and will get to your mission as soon as I can.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Career Officer
# 745
10-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarxls View Post
Thank you Brian... I will certainly revisit this mission. Again, thank-you so much!!
Hi Cougar,

Glad I could help. I had fun playing your mission. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Career Officer
# 746
10-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Hi Evil. I was wondering where Perfection, part 1 was on the queue.
Hi Ashkrik,

Your mission is currently 7th in the queue behind mildago. I have made a lot of progress in the queue and plan to continue this weekend.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Career Officer
# 747
10-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
Thanks again for your review.

In Map 6, planting the plasma charge inside the wall is, in fact, how you free the prisoners (even though you don't get to see them being freed), by disrupting the building's power grid long enough to drop the forcefields surrounding them. The dialogue in that map explains this. I did not have you free them when you passed by them earlier because then I'd have to explain why they then just stand around (as I have no way to make them follow me).
That is a good reason but consider adding a short dialogue involving that as they pass the prisoners. Even though you have dialogue that explains it the player passing by without saying anything just feels odd. Consider adding dialogue that is triggered as the player passes the prisoners explaining the plan to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
The science/engineering officer issue has nothing to do with my mission; it is a known bug in the game itself that I have reported to Cryptic, and that the devs have acknowledged.
Interesting, I have never seen that issue in any of my missions. It just seemed odd and I try to be a thorough as I can. As it says in my reviews, the observations made in my reports are yours to do with as you please.

I enjoyed the mission and would recommend it to all players.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian

Last edited by evil70th; 10-07-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Career Officer
# 748
10-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varzec View Post
Hey, not sure if your still doing this, but mind running through my Mission Missing from the Mirror. You reviwed it before, but I had to make some changes to the story due to change of environment at Drozanna,
Hi Varzec,

Yes, I still conduct in-depth mission reviews although it can take a little longer to get them done. Welcome to the queue. Your mission is currently 14th behind starswordc. I will get to your mission as soon as I can.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 749
10-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil70th View Post
Sorry for not conducting any reviews this last weekend. My daughter just got married in San Francisco and then we attended the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival in Golden Gate Park over the weekend. The wedding was great and the concert in the park was a lot of fun.
OT, but Congratulations, Evil70th! It sounds like you had a great weekend.

Last edited by donperk; 10-07-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 750
10-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil70th View Post
Hi Ashkrik,

Your mission is currently 7th in the queue behind mildago. I have made a lot of progress in the queue and plan to continue this weekend.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Thank you for the update.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891