Starfleet Veteran
# 771
10-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logitech007 View Post
Hey Evil70th, I just looked at the review of part 2 and thank you for playing it and for leaving feedback.

Did you pick up the new version or still have the old version? Because I noticed you had mention about the spelling and grammar, I spent almost 4 hours going thru both parts looking for that in Microsoft word, its frustrating that you have found more.....but I am looking forward to seeing your full report I do hope it was not as bad as part 1 was which was good at getting rewards now since it is not not after your review which whatever.
You review pointed out some areas I need to improve on and thank you for that.

Part 3 is further down the pipeline so I will be going thru it today, so me do remember to repack it up again the new version.

Thanks again.
Logitech007

P.S. Thank you for spending all your free time doing reviews for people foundry created missions it does mean a lot to people like me and other people and you point out the weak parts so the authors can fix it. Thank you so very much.
I am always happy to help. I did not drop and restart the mission as I had progressed to a specific point. I did not feel like starting the whole mission over.

Quote:
Hey Evil70th, I have made those changes that you had pointed out already and some of the spelling and some of the grammar I already took care of it last night it should have been in your copy because I did spend the extra time looking for it last night...hmmm it should have shown up, but I did go back and check.

Part 3 is all good I went back and doubled checked. Its ready to go when you do get to part 3 in your list.

Once again I would like to thank you for all your hard work that your are doing.

Thanks Logitech007
Your part 3 is currently 2nd in the queue for review. I hope to get to the next mission in the queue by next weekend.

I am glad my reviews help authors improve the quality of their work. I started my reviews as a means of giving constructive feedback to authors to help them make better missions. When authors make better missions it serves to enrich the game for all other players.

Thank you for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Lieutenant
# 772
10-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Hey Evil70th, thank you for letting me know what place number 3 is in. I can not wait to get some feedback on the end part.

Thanks
Logitech007
Lt. Commander
# 773
10-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I'm giving your mission document template (c.f.: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=725) a try on my new Federation-aligned mission "A Bridge Too Far: Survival". I'll let you know how it goes using it.

I think it's going to save me a TON of time. I know I ran "The Sins of the Fathers" end-to-end over 20 times before I made it public and seemed to discover new typos or grammar issues on every run-through. Writing the dialogue in Word first and then pasting the text into the Foundry will cut the number of run-throughs on my next mission significantly -- and will let me concentrate on gameplay/map detail/etc.

Thanks again for sharing the template!
Starfleet Veteran
# 774
10-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Hey Evil70th, thank you for letting me know what place number 3 is in. I can not wait to get some feedback on the end part.

Thanks
Logitech007
No problem. I hope to get into the queue again this weekend.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Starfleet Veteran
# 775
10-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donperk View Post
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I'm giving your mission document template (c.f.: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=725) a try on my new Federation-aligned mission "A Bridge Too Far: Survival". I'll let you know how it goes using it.

I think it's going to save me a TON of time. I know I ran "The Sins of the Fathers" end-to-end over 20 times before I made it public and seemed to discover new typos or grammar issues on every run-through. Writing the dialogue in Word first and then pasting the text into the Foundry will cut the number of run-throughs on my next mission significantly -- and will let me concentrate on gameplay/map detail/etc.

Thanks again for sharing the template!
As always I am glad I could help. That is my goal with my reviews and recommendations. The template I provided has helped me immensely while developing missions so I wanted to share it with other authors.

Thanks for the feedback and keep up the great authoring,
Brian
Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack017 View Post
Hey there. Its awesome what you're doing here. If you get time, you can add mine to the queue too. Any feedback is welcome as it is my first one.

Uprising: Act I - Off The Grid
Author : maninblack017
Faction : federation
Open to any level
Approximately 45 minutes to complete.

Thank you!
Federation Mission - Uprising: Act I - Off The Grid
Author: maninblack017
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: HRZAQ7943

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is an outstanding mission, especially for your first Foundry mission. Your map designs are great. The battles are tough but still quite a lot of fun, even though I would not recommend running it on Elite level. The battles are enough of a challenge at normal level but would be virtually impossible on Elite. The story dialogue is outstanding and riveting from beginning to end. You did use the response button "Continue" a couple of times more than I would usually recommend but it was not overly used. Just be cautious about allowing that to happen. It can be distracting. One other suggestion regarding the dialogue would be adding a "Skip Dialogue" feature that provides a summary of what the player needs to continue. From my perspective I did not need that feature but some players like that in dialogue heavy missions. I would highly recommend this mission to all players who like the combination of an outstanding story combined with great maps and tough but fun battles.

Below are a few things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good detailed description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: The grant dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: The initial task should have the start location for the first custom map. This helps the player find where to start your mission. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Mariana System: This is a great map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Consider using invisible objects for USS Conestoga and USS Irwin to trigger the dialogue for each. The default "Talk to" button of the "interact" feature is mildly distracting when you find the ship does not respond to hails.
-Consider changing "Awayteam" to read "Away team" which is the accepted spelling within STO and other Star Trek examples.

USS Irwin: This is a great map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The "Rescue Commander Gregory" dialogue; consider changing "[OOC]reveals no life signs.[/OOC]Captain" to read "[OOC]reveals no life signs.[/OOC] Captain".

USS Irwin Bridge: This is a great map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Mariana Surface: This is an excellent map design with several tough but fun battles and outstanding story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Mariana System: This is a great map design with tough but fun battles and outstanding story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did an amazing job developing this mission and I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 10/20/2013 on forum posting for: "Uprising: Act I - Off The Grid" officially unofficial discussion thread
Ensign
# 777 2 missions to check out
10-20-2013, 01:52 PM
I've recently just gotten back into using the Foundry. The first mission that I have ever put together is:

Title: Odyssey
ID: ST-HCDFC44WD
Author: NCC-2099
Any Level
45 minutes - 1 Hour

I have seen a lack of TOS style missions, which for me as a huge TOS fan are the most fun. I am putting together a series of TOS missions in an effort to familiarize myself with the Foundry, and to entertain other fans like myself. The first in this series is meant to set the stage for the others:

Title: STQ - Star Trek: Quantum
ID: ST-HOBR3JFDC
Level: 16+
45 minutes - 1 Hour

Thanks for taking a look, and I hope that you enjoy!
Career Officer
# 778
10-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Hey Evil!

The third act of my mission series: No Prize for Second Contact is finished and I'd love another of your spectacular reviews:

Title: No Prize for Second Contact III
ID: st-hnnh00vxu
Author: Contactpsi
31+
45 minutes - 1 Hour
Starfleet Veteran
# 779
10-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc2099 View Post
I've recently just gotten back into using the Foundry. The first mission that I have ever put together is:

Title: Odyssey
ID: ST-HCDFC44WD
Any Level
45 minutes - 1 Hour

I have seen a lack of TOS style missions, which for me as a huge TOS fan are the most fun. I am putting together a series of TOS missions in an effort to familiarize myself with the Foundry, and to entertain other fans like myself. The first in this series is meant to set the stage for the others:

Title: STQ - Star Trek: Quantum
ID: ST-HOBR3JFDC
Level: 16+
45 minutes - 1 Hour

Thanks for taking a look, and I hope that you enjoy!
Hi NCC2099,

Welcome to the queue and the Foundry. Your missions are 14th and 15th behind eldil. I plan to get back into the queue this coming weekend.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Starfleet Veteran
# 780
10-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by councilspectre View Post
Hey Evil!

The third act of my mission series: No Prize for Second Contact is finished and I'd love another of your spectacular reviews:

Title: No Prize for Second Contact III
ID: st-hnnh00vxu
Author: Contactpsi
31+
45 minutes - 1 Hour
Hi Contactpsi,

Welcome back to the queue. Your mission is currently 16th behind NCC-2099. I am planning on getting back into the queue this weekend and will get to your mission as soon as I can.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian