Career Officer
# 911
02-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkojt View Post
Hello! I'm back a bit earlier than I thought - I was able to complete testing on Lonesome Heart sooner than expected, so I'd like to submit it for your review.
This one is longer and more complex than A Personal Favour, with some more interesting stuff happening. I just hope I managed to keep the story straight...

Lonesome Heart
Federation, ST-HGM9WKQKU, level 31+, nikkojt

Thanks!
Hi nikkojt,

Welcome back to the queue. Your mission is currently 10th in the queue behind ashkrik23. I will review this mission as soon as I can.

Thanks for authoring.
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Career Officer
# 912
02-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Hiya! Long-time-no-beg-for-feedback

Got a "new" mission for you (it's been in the pipeline for far too long)

Fed
The Improbable Bulk
ST-HKFZXUY5N

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 913
02-18-2014, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Hiya! Long-time-no-beg-for-feedback

Got a "new" mission for you (it's been in the pipeline for far too long)

Fed
The Improbable Bulk
ST-HKFZXUY5N
Hi Zorbane,

Welcome back to the queue. It has been a while. Your mission is 11th in the queue behind nikkojt. I am making progress on the mission queue and will get to your as soon as I can.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by logitech007 View Post
Hello Evil70th, I am back to get an detailed mission review from you for part two.

Thank you so much in advance for it.
thanks
Logitech007

Mission Name: The Unexpected Returns Part Two
Author: Logitech007
Minimum Level: 16+
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HCHMV3CNC
Estimated Mission Length: 30- 45min---give or take

Thanks again.
Logitech007
Federation Mission - The Unexpected Returns Part Two
Author: Logitech007
Project ID: ST-HCHMV3CNC

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a nice mission with some fun battles and detailed story dialogue. There are several issues below that are mostly related to spelling, punctuation, grammar and capitalization. Despite these issues I would still recommend this mission to other players who like a heavy dialogue oriented missions with some fun battles to break up the story.

In my previous report I mentioned ways to address issues like the ones listed below. I will not repeat those recommendations in this report.

Below are some things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: The description is okay but needs a little work. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Consider combining and changing the first two sentences to read "Following a 50 year absence the Tzenkethi are back with disastrous consequences".
-Consider deleting "You and your team will soon get answers to your questions". It is not well written and does not feel like it belongs there.
-Consider rewriting the sentence that begins with "Trapped behind enemy lines" to read "Trapped behind enemy lines you must forge unlikely alliances with former enemies in order to escape the Tzenkethi".
-Consider rewriting the sentence that begins with "Will you make it back" to read "It is up to you and your team whether or not you survive this encounter with the evil that has returned".

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is the same dialogue from the description. Consider rewriting this dialogue to draw the player in and make them want to click 'Accept'.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear location of the entrance to the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is the same dialogue from the description and grant dialogue. Consider rewriting this dialogue to set up the first map in a way that makes sense to the story. You can use this to explain how the player get's from where we leave off in part one to where we begin in part two.

MAPS:
Tzenkethi Mine: The map design is well done and the battle is fun. The story dialogue is detailed but needs some work. I noted several items to consider changing:
-The Reman Prisoner dialogue; the sentence that starts with "You Starfleet" would read better broken in to more than a single sentence with commas.
-Consider changing "level of the mine and listen to the guard" to read "level of the mine a favor and listen to the guard"
-Consider changing "save your life and move along" to read "save your life so move along".
-Consider changing the response button "Ok Will do. Thank you" to read "Ok will do. Thank you".
-Consider changing the sentence "Don't mention it and keep it to your self" appears to be redundant. Also "yourself" is one word.
-The Science Officer dialogue; consider changing "that Reman was nice to warning us" to read "that Reman was nice for warning us".
-The sentence starting with "We should try and find him" is a run on sentence and needs to be rewritten. Also consider changing "We should try and find him" to read "We should try to find him".
-The use of the response button "Continue". There are few places you use it with extra dialogue using [OOC] for the player. The other places it feels like it is not right. Consider changing it to "".
-The Tactical Officer dialogue; the sentence "Sir, is that a wise course of action" is a question and should have a question mark vice a period.
-Consider changing "keep it to our self" to read "keep it to ourselves".
-The Klingon Prisoner dialogue; the "HAHAHA" twice in the same dialogue felt like I was reading bad Anime. I suspect your intention is to make it seem as if the Klingon is laughing at the player but it really did not feel like that.
-Consider changing "to stick your noses in wher it does not belong" to read "to stick your nose in where it does not belong".
-Consider changing "look where it has got you" to read "look where it has gotten you".
-The tactical Officer dialogue; consider changing "Sir, this petaQ is wasting our time that we do not have and does not know where the Reman is, i suggest we move along" to read "Sir, this petaQ is wasting our time. He does not know where the Reman is. I suggest we keep looking".
The Klingon Prisoner dialogue; again the "HA" in two places in the dialogue so close together does not feel as though the Klingon is laughing. Consider adding [OCC] dialogue that indicates the Klingon is laughing vice writing it out.
-The dialogue "Starfleet officer wearing that uniform" seems redundant. What else would a Starfleet officer wear other than the uniform.
-The sentence starting with "I should kill you" needs to be rewritten and broken into separate sentences. The separation with periods does not help the flow of the dialogue.
-The dialogue "I like that fight you have got" is odd. Consider changing it to "I like the boldness of your words".
-The Cardassian Prisoner refers to the Cardassian Empire which does not exist as an enemy of the Federation. Consider changing "Cardassian Empire" to read "True Way".
-The Romulan Prisoner dialogue; again the "HAHA" at the beginning and end of the dialogue seems like bad Anime. Consider adding [OCC] dialogue that indicates the Romulan is laughing vice writing it out.
-Consider changing "business again and got captured and transported here" to read "business again, got captured and transported here".
-Consider changing the response button "Ok. Thank you will keep that in mind" to read "Ok, thank you. We will keep that in mind".
-The Tactical Officer dialogue; consider changing "not trust worthly" to read "not trust worthy".
-Consider changing "Kinda sounds that he was discribing them selfs" to read "Kind of sounds like he was describing himself".
-The Reman Prisoner dialogue; consider changing "So there is no use of trying to escape because we don't even know where we are" to read "So there is no use trying to escape".
-Consider changing the response button "What happened to the reminder of your crew" to read "What happened to the rest of your crew".
-The sentence starting with "When we first got here" needs to be rewritten into different sentences.
-Consider changing "we got tortured for any information on the Romulans and the Remans" to read "we were tortured in an attempt to extract information on the Romulans and Remans".
-Consider changing "anything about the Romulans and the Remans" to read "anything about the Romulans or the Remans".
-The Romulan Prisoner dialogue the sentence starting with "They need to find out" is a run on sentence and needs to be rewritten.
-Consider changing "noises" to read "noses".
-Consider changing "cannot try and control" to read "cannot control".
-The Reman Prisoner dialogue that starts with "I heard this story" is a run on sentences and need to be rewritten.
-The sentence starting with "So one day" is a run on sentences and need to be rewritten.
-The sentence starting with "The Hirogen Alpha" is a run on sentences and need to be rewritten.
-The sentence starting with "The reminder of the crew" is a run on sentences and need to be rewritten.
-Consider changing "reminder" to read "remainder".
-Consider changing "it is best to hear the guards warning" to read "it is best to heed the guards warning".
-Consider removing "bad" from the response button. It is redundant to say "bad and horrible". In that context they mean the same thing.
-Consider removing "inmate" from the dialogue. It is redundant to say "prisoner inmate".
-The Romulan Prisoner dialogue; consider changing "trip done memory line" to read "trip down memory lane".
-All three uses of "punish" should read "punished".
-The sentence starting with "I lost two good men" is a run on sentences and needs to be rewritten.
-Consider changing "and i will tell you" to read "and I will tell you".
-Post battle Tactical Officer dialogue the response button; consider changing "Agree" to read "Agreed".
-The Reman Prisoner dialogue response button; consider changing "Ok We will be right there" to read "Ok, we will be right there".
-The sentence that starts with "I probed the Romulan mind" is a run on sentences and need to be rewritten.
-Due to the volume of spelling, syntax and grammatical errors will only note maps with these issues and not the specific issue. It will be up to you to review the dialogue on those maps.

U.S.S. Drug: This is a good map design with well written dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The Commander Derek Lowe initial dialogue is a run on sentence and needs to be rewritten.
-The use of the response button "Continue".

Tzenkethi Mine: The map design is well done and the story dialogue is detailed but needs work. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The Captain John Carrey initial dialogue is a run on sentence and needs to be rewritten.
-In the dialogue it is indicated that only the Hirogen and Klingons are willing to help. It states "The Nausicanns and the Romulans said no" but the player never talks to those two groups. Also it is "Naussicans" vice "Nausicanns".
-Consider checking the dialogue on this map for spelling, syntax and grammatical errors. There are many.

Restricted area: This is a good map design with several tough but fun battles. The story dialogue is detailed but needs work. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Consider checking the dialogue on this map for spelling, syntax and grammatical errors. There are many.
-Consider removing the interaction of the consoles once the player has cleared them. This can be done by using the visibility options in the Foundry. Remaining available after the player has either passed the puzzle or completed the task seems strange.
-All interaction terminals had the word "Interact" which is the default entry when the author does not change the button. Consider changing it to read "Access console" or words to that effect.
-Plot points to consider; we send out a distress signal to the Klingons and the dialogue indicates that several Klingon ships entered the system but when we beam up it is to our ship. Another issue is the player goes past several prisoners in other cells and does not even mention them. Consider adding dialogue regarding the other prisoners.

Ghomha System: This is a good map design with several tough but fun battles. The story dialogue is detailed but needs work. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Consider checking the dialogue on this map for spelling, syntax and grammatical errors. There are several.

Deep Space: This is a good map with well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Consider changing "tashforce" to read "taskforce".
-The sentence starting with "Sir, there is no clear sign" is a run on sentences and need to be rewritten.

U.S.S. Odyssey: This is a good map design and the story dialogue is detailed but needs work. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The Commander Will Bower dialogue response button. You used "i" vice "I" twice.

Unknown location: This is a nice map design but needs a little work The story dialogue is detailed but needs work. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The three buildings are visible floating in the air. Is that intentional? Consider either changing them to invisible or making everything visible from the start.
-There is no visible foundation for any of the buildings. Is this intentional? Are they supposed to be floating in mid air with only the ramp for access?
-The Section 31 Hologram sentence starting with "Then as soon as you access" is a run on sentences and need to be rewritten.
-All interaction terminals had the word "Interact".
-Consider checking the dialogue on this map for spelling, syntax and grammatical errors. There are several.

Korvat system: This is a good map design with fun battles. The story dialogue is detailed but needs work. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Consider changing the dialogue "the Chancellor agreed for us to be here" to read "the Chancellor has granted us permission to be here".
-Consider changing "They have some information stating that the Tzenkethi would be launching a major battle here against the Klingon Empire in this system" to read "We have intelligence that indicates the Tzenkethi are planning a large scale attack on this system".
-Consider changing the response button "Lock targets and fire" to read "Lock on targets and fire".
-Consider changing "we were informed" to read "intelligence indicated".

Starbase 375 system: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The Science Officer dialogue; consider changing "That means hey control the Starbase" to read "That means they control the Starbase".
-The Tactical Officer dialogue; consider changing "The Klingon have dispatched a fleet" to read "The Klingons have dispatched a fleet".

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a good job developing the mission and series. With the dialogue fixes you will make it a great mission. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 02/18/2014 on forum posting for: The Unexpected Returns Series
Career Officer
# 915
02-19-2014, 06:06 AM
I would like to request a review of my mission, The Devil's Playground.

Mission Name: The Devil's Playground
Author: confedinblue
Minimum Level: 41+
Project ID: ST-HE4GS98P8
Estimated Mission Length: 1 to 1.25 hours

Forum Thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1019191

Summary: You are ordered to the Noro System to investigate why contact was lost with a research team.

Thanks!
Career Officer
# 916
02-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by confedinblue View Post
I would like to request a review of my mission, The Devil's Playground.

Mission Name: The Devil's Playground
Author: confedinblue
Project ID: ST-HE4GS98P8
Estimated Mission Length: 1 to 1.25 hours

Forum Thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1019191

Summary: You are ordered to the Noro System to investigate why contact was lost with a research team.

Thanks!
Hi confedinblue,

Welcome to the queue. Your mission is currently 11th in the queue behind zorbane. I will get to your review just as soon as I can.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Lieutenant
# 917 review for part 2.
02-19-2014, 06:49 PM
Hey Evil70th thank you for taking your time to play through part 2. I did make most of the spelling and grammar changes that you had noted and I did go back and checked them they are good.

The Section 31 jail is suppose to be up in the air, I designed it that way. Also, the console that "has interact" on them I don't know how to change that to say something else, I used the deafauilt right on the console that's why it says interact, if I can change that please feel free to point it out to me.

Also, some of the changes were already done after I sumbit the mission for your review I don't know if you pick up the mission when you see them on your list of pick them up when the mission comes next but I will make sure that before I sumbit anymore missions to you that I have me and another person look for spelling and grammar issues.

Thanks again.

Great job. Logitech007
Career Officer
# 918
02-21-2014, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Hey Evil70th thank you for taking your time to play through part 2. I did make most of the spelling and grammar changes that you had noted and I did go back and checked them they are good.
As always I am glad I could help.

Quote:
The Section 31 jail is suppose to be up in the air, I designed it that way. Also, the console that "has interact" on them I don't know how to change that to say something else, I used the deafauilt right on the console that's why it says interact, if I can change that please feel free to point it out to me.
Thanks for clarifying the prison issue. You can edit interact buttons for the individual objects located on the Story tab of the Foundry. Scroll down in the story and locate the object. The field is called "Interact Text". I hope that helps.

Quote:
Also, some of the changes were already done after I sumbit the mission for your review I don't know if you pick up the mission when you see them on your list of pick them up when the mission comes next but I will make sure that before I sumbit anymore missions to you that I have me and another person look for spelling and grammar issues.

Thanks again.

Great job. Logitech007
I only acquired the mission the day I reviewed it. If you make changes you need to republish the mission before the changes will show in the mission.

Thanks again for authoring,
Brian
Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by creamyzombie View Post
Hello, I'd very much appreciate you trying my mission if you have the time:

Mission Name: Futility
Author: @elzombie
Project ID: ST-HDZVFBBD2
Estimated Mission Length: Took me around 45 minutes, without the hidden surprises (there's only six so don't waste too much time looking for them!)

I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Federation Mission - Futility
Author: elzombie
Project ID: ST-HDZVFBBD2

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a good combat oriented mission with nice map designs, several very tough battles and excellent story dialogue. I would definitely recommend this mission to other players who like a tough combat oriented mission with a story. I would not recommend this mission on Elite level as the battles were more than enough challenge on Normal.

I mention the use of the response button "Continue" and have discussed its use in many other reports, so I will not cover it here. The use of puzzles in the mission is okay but I would suggest putting a "skip" the puzzle button for players who do not like puzzles. The button could be as simple as referring to the engineer or science officer to resolve the situation. I would also suggest a "skip dialogue" button that leads to a summary of the dialogue needed to continue the mission. This will allow the player to get the information that need and continue with the combat.

Below are some things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted one issue to consider changing;
-In the text you say "Can [NickName] and the [ShipName] unravel what's been going on aboard". Consider changing it to read "Can you and your crew unravel the mystery".

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue with just enough intrigue to draw the player in and make them want to click the 'Accept' button. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Consider changing "[Rank], we've recived an encoded message" to read "[Rank], we've received an encoded message"
-Consider changing "The have a represenitive there" to read "They have a representative there".

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear location of the first NPC contact. The task to send the player to speak with Golos Vell seems unnecessary and could have been covered with follow on dialogue after the player accepted the mission. Then they would proceed directly to the entrance to the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this initial task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the entry prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Utopia Planitia: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
- Franklin Drake refers to the player by the [NickName]. Consider changing this to [Rank].
-Consider changing "your career very closley" to read "your career very closely".
-Consider changing "details of this incidnet" to read "details of this incident".
-Consider changing "We need you assess the situation" to read "We need you to assess the situation".
-Consider changing "Test" to read "test".
-The Map Transfer text and button are both "Go to Next Map" which is the default text when not filled in by the author. You need to change this text to something appropriate to the mission.

Earth Spacedock (Cryptic Map): Cryptic did a great job of designing this map however using Cryptic maps as a means of transferring between mission maps is awkward at best. I would recommend once you have the player inside your mission maps you keep them there. You could easily have the player beam up to the ship as it enters your Wolf 359 map.

Sol System (Cryptic Map): Same comment as previous map.

Vulcan Sector (Cryptic Map): Same comment as previous maps. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The Entry Prompt button; if you are going to keep the current use of Cryptic maps, consider changing "Looks for the U.S.S. Abrams" to read "Look for the U.S.S. Abrams".

Wolf 359: This is a good map with fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The initial dialogue; consider changing "but we've blind to anything outside it" to read "but we're blind to anything outside it".
-The post Scan the Abrams dialogue; consider changing "[NickName], it looks as the the Abrams has punched" to read "[Rank], it looks as though the Abrams has punched".
-Consider changing "Structural integrity is at around 30%" to read "Structural integrity is at 30%".
-Consider changing "No responce, [Rank]" to read "No response, [Rank]".

U.S.S. Abrams Shuttle Bay: This is a good map design with tough battles and well written story dialogue. I liked Ensign Towe's Blade Runner reference dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The use of "Interact" for consoles, doors, and logs is the default entry for the button and should be changed to something more appropriate to the item being interacted with.
-Consider making the optional log files we find throughout the map disappear after being accessed.
-Story Dialogue point, Ensign Towe is facing into the room with his back to the door but refers to the others in the room as being behind him.
-Consider change "I cant say" to read "I can't say".
-Consider changing "The Brog" to read "The Borg".
-The map transfer NPC appears to be a shipboard Science BOFF, but his dialogue is as if he is on the Away Team. Consider changing the BOFF to an Away Team vice Shipboard BOFF.

U.S.S. Abrams Engineering: This is a good map design with tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-Consider changing "It might be an idea to investigate" to read "It might be a good idea to investigate".
-The use of "Interact" for buttons.
-Consider changing "You could try and drop the shields and we could get the suvivors and yourself out" to read "You could try to drop the shields then we could get the survivors and yourself out".
-Consider changing "There's a problem it looks as though your deck is venting atphmospehere and the emergency force fields haven't kicked in" to read "There's a problem, it looks as though your deck is venting atmosphere and the emergency force fields haven't kicked in".
-Consider changing "Well done, [FirstName]" to read "Well done, [Rank]".

U.S.S. Abrams Corridor: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The use of "Interact" for buttons.

U.S.S. Abrams Bridge: This is a good map design with tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The use of the [FirstName] and [NickName] in the dialogue. Consider changing it to [Rank].
-Consider changing "For a peaceful coperation" to read "For a peaceful cooperation".
-Consider changing "cubes as large as Glazy arms" to read "cubes as large as galaxy arms".
-Consider changing "They will lean to assimilate everything" to read "They will learn to assimilate everything".

Wolf 359 Incursion: This is a nice map design with several tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-If you are going to have friendly ships to assist in the battle you need more friendly ships or less Borg. They are wiped out in the first few minutes of the battle. This makes for a very long and boring fight.
-Consider getting rid of the warping in effect for the Borg as it is not necessary and the ships keep warping in, over and over again.
-Consider changing "I don't reckonize the callsign" to read "I don't recognize the call sign".
-Consider changing the response button "We resited, the future is not set in stone" to read "We resisted, the future is not set in stone".
Consider changing "you cannot change the inevetable" to read "you cannot change the inevitable".
-The use of the [FirstName] and [NickName] in the dialogue. Consider changing it to [Rank].

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job developing this mission. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 02/21/2014 on forum posting for: Futility.
Career Officer
# 920
02-21-2014, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil70th View Post

Thanks for clarifying the prison issue. You can edit interact buttons for the individual objects located on the Story tab of the Foundry. Scroll down in the story and locate the object. The field is called "Interact Text". I hope that helps.

If using the Default Text checkbox on an object you can't set what the "Interact" button says. TBH because of this I've stopped using this and just have a dialogue pop up associated with it. Yes it works only once but usually that's enough

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan