Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains,

I was trying to get Foundry Challenge #4 up today, but I am going to need to postpone the start of it until next Wednesday, June 27th. I am very sorry about this, but some good news!

1) If you did not see already, I am upping the prize! 1000 promo points instead of 500 (so you can buy more Foundry slots using the dilithium exchange). Also, the first place mission will make it onto the Spotlight on the Foundry.

2) We are going to extend the creation period from 4 weeks to 6, and the voting period from 2 weeks to 3!

These are being implemented based on some great feedback received.

Also, I would like to start taking suggestions from the community on what you'd like to see the backstory be about. Feel free to post your ideas in this thread for what you think would be fun to see -- limit the backstory to 2-3 sentence (feel free to use the past challenge as an example for what the backstory should contain). If you like an idea that someone posts, feel free to respond to this thread letting me know that.

Thanks again for your understanding, and I can't wait to announce Foundry Challenge #4 next week :smile:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
06-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Can't wait.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
06-20-2012, 05:57 PM
I am afraid to ask what is happening Wednesday, June 27th.

ps. I'd participate in this thread discussion but I can't get "Instant Email Notification" to work on thread subscriptions :frown:.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 4
06-20-2012, 05:57 PM
I tweeted these questions to brandon about the foundry challenge. I think they're valid points. What do you guys think?

wouldn't it make sense to pick it up after season 6 release and we know that everything is stable and working properly?

with foundry updates coming with season 6 is it wise to kick off a new foundry challenge right now?
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
06-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soriedem View Post
I tweeted these questions to brandon about the foundry challenge. I think they're valid points. What do you guys think?

wouldn't it make sense to pick it up after season 6 release and we know that everything is stable and working properly?

with foundry updates coming with season 6 is it wise to kick off a new foundry challenge right now?
I agree w/ Sorie's concerns.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Without the avatars, it's hard to tell who anybody is! (sorry for the of-topicness)

Yes, can't wait to see what #4 brings us!
Yay!!
HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png

CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
Captain
# 7
06-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Theme idea: "Against the World"
You and your crew find yourself fighting for survival, but not against the machinations of an enemy! Can you brave the dangerous situation you find yourself in despite not having an evil mastermind to focus on defeating? Sometimes the universe is dangerous enough without a specific foe...

I tried to get the brief to get the idea across, but, basically; make a mission without one evil badguy. It can still have enemies and combat, but you can't be against the workings of one specific BBEG.

Are they trapped in a dangerous section of space? Is the planet they are on naturally hostile and filled with dangerous creatures or hostile natives? Has your ship lost power due to an ancient and forgotten civilization's booby traps?

I think it would be great to see what the community comes up with when they are not facing against a specific evil badguy who twirls his mustache and laughs (then gets away).
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Congrats woghd, on your recent victory.

btw I agree hard to identify people here now. What will you boys do without Kirkfat's green orion slave girl? :frown: ugh! Even the smilies are broken....
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Career Officer
# 9
06-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Challenge Ideas

Idea 1

"A new species has been discovered and your superiors have tasked you with making First Contact with them."

I think this idea would allow for two very different mission types between the Federation side and the KDF side. Feds would most likely be evaluating Prime Directive and whether this particular species was far enough along, while the Klingons would likely be trying to either bring them into the fold or destroy them outright.

============

Idea 2

"You have received a mysterious message from faceless voice that claims to be from one of the Mirror Universes. Against the better judgement of your Science Officer, you decide to follow up."

============

Idea 3

"Reports indicate that an enemy fleet is gathering and threatening to attack a friendly system. You have been ordered to intercept the fleet and stop them using any means you have available."
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
06-21-2012, 07:21 AM
Idea:

You and your senior officers are rehearsing for a Shakespeare play in the original Klingon, and to get some perspective, you enter into an officer exchange program with a Federation-sympathetic Klingon house. Hilarity ensues.

and for the KDF side:

You and your senior officers are rehearsing for a Shakespeare play in the original English, and to get some perspective, you enter into an officer exchange program with a Klingon-sympathetic Federation ship. Hilarity ensues.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic