Captain
# 11
06-20-2012, 07:08 PM
So it used to be that if you got your stipend from STO or CO, you'd have it in cryptic points on your account that you could then spend on either game.

If you get dilithium or questionite > CP, that CP is per game.

So... with Zen > CP... is it game specific or not?
Ensign
# 12
06-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
I would prefer if they completely moved over to the zen system, and take out this conversion process.

kinda like how we used to be able to just buy cryptic points that were shared between STO and Champs Online? yeah, I miss that.

On the bright side, this change does let people use store-purchased PWE Zen cards to get cryptic points, but to me, that doesn't do a lot to make up for their incredibly cumbersome system. I don't like that I have to go through yet another third party to buy zen if I want to just use my credit card online. PWE just redirects you to other services to sign on with to do that. It was so much easier when I could just hit the button in game and cryptic used what they already had on file to charge me and give me my points.
Ensign
# 13
06-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
So it used to be that if you got your stipend from STO or CO, you'd have it in cryptic points on your account that you could then spend on either game.

If you get dilithium or questionite > CP, that CP is per game.

So... with Zen > CP... is it game specific or not?

my stipends from CO and STO were always locked to just that game, but c-points/atari tokens that I bought separately were shared between the two.

as for zen to CP, unless they change something, that has been game specific only for a few months now.
Rihannsu
# 14
06-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
So the master currency isn't even a master currency at all? It's an annoying extra step?
Exactly! I guess they hope you'll dump all your zen into a game then decide to buy more for another game since it's not shared between games.
Rihannsu
# 15
06-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
I would prefer if they completely moved over to the zen system, and take out this conversion process.
Unfortunately, the Zen system works just like it does now. PWI has it's own currency, FW has it's own currency etc, every single one of them has to convert from Zen to game currency before you can use it.
Career Officer
# 16
06-20-2012, 07:18 PM
My take on this from another thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappyj0yj0y View Post
80CP = $1
100Zen = $1

So you'll convert 100Zen to 80CP. Everything should cost the same. You'll just have to jump through more hoops. Which makes sense, because why should it be convenient for you to give them your money. You should have to work for it, no?
# 17
06-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Animated forum footer! You win the prizes here
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 18
06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
Unfortunately, the Zen system works just like it does now. PWI has it's own currency, FW has it's own currency etc, every single one of them has to convert from Zen to game currency before you can use it.
Well thats not entirely accurate. For instance, War of the Immortals, Blacklight Retribution, Rusty Hearts and Battle of the Immortals all have a 1 Zen = 1 Zen conversion, and Zen is their ingame currency (not just PW master).

So if cstore prices were to change to zen, I think that would be clearer for a lot of people - the only downside may be the perceived (and inaccurate) increase in prices for items in the store. Perhaps they don't want to rock the boat to that extent - at least for the moment.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 19
06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Yep, as far as conversion rates and points being locked to specific games, nothing has changed recently on how that works.

And regarding the purchasing of Zen, you actually will often get more CP, simply because with Zen, there's always a bonus amount of Zen on certain denominations. And if you buy smaller amounts, you at least aren't getting any less than what you would have before.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignman View Post
dividing by 0.8 is easier.
You still have all your c-points just log into the game and look and then quit spreading this alarmist nonsense.

EDIT sorry hit the wrong post. This new site is going to take some time getting used too

this was the post i was responding to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
To make matters worse, I had 1,000 C-points in my account before the changeover, so by that exchange rate I should have 1250 Zen. Instead I have... zero Zen.

I hope this is all just a matter of PWE not having completed that part of the migration yet.

Last edited by aeolusdallas; 06-20-2012 at 07:41 PM.