Captain
# 21
06-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeolusdallas View Post
You still have all your c-points just log into the game and look and then quit spreading this alarmist nonsense.
er, say what?

Oh, looks like it
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.

Last edited by sovereignman; 06-20-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Rihannsu
# 22
06-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
Well thats not entirely accurate. For instance, War of the Immortals, Blacklight Retribution, Rusty Hearts and Battle of the Immortals all have a 1 Zen = 1 Zen conversion, and Zen is their ingame currency (not just PW master).
Alright, after I left PWI I had no intention of messing with any other PWE games so I have not even bothered (and never will) to look at the newer ones. Unfortunately, they followed me and bought out the game I tried to escape to.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeolusdallas View Post
You still have all your c-points just log into the game and look and then quit spreading this alarmist nonsense.

EDIT sorry hit the wrong post. This new site is going to take some time getting used too

this was the post i was responding to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignman View Post
er, say what?
I missed clicked. I edited the original. Sorry lol
Captain
# 24
06-20-2012, 07:42 PM
It would be nice if Cryptic uses only Zen since Zen shows the true monetary value of an item. Sure the percieved cost of items will increase and there will be lots of people complaining about the price of items going up, but it is a small price to pay for clarity.
Captain
# 25
06-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
Alright, after I left PWI I had no intention of messing with any other PWE games so I have not even bothered (and never will) to look at the newer ones. Unfortunately, they followed me and bought out the game I tried to escape to.
Sneaky bastards. :tongue:

I know everyone hates PWE, but now that I think about it, at least it wasn't NEXON.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 26
06-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
Yep, as far as conversion rates and points being locked to specific games, nothing has changed recently on how that works.

And regarding the purchasing of Zen, you actually will often get more CP, simply because with Zen, there's always a bonus amount of Zen on certain denominations. And if you buy smaller amounts, you at least aren't getting any less than what you would have before.
Perhaps this would be an excellent time to reduce all prices by 20% and make that changeover since, you know, the prices have always been ridiculous and in most cases got mind-****ingly absurd after F2P.
# 27
06-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Ok, now PWE has gone too far!

I opened up my cryptic store, and the 1200 or so CP I had downloaded itself into my computer and uplifted it to sentience!

It took me 15 minutes to beat back the computer and it's arsenal of monitor-fired lasers, whip-like headphone attacks, and electrical discharges.

This is outrageous!
Ensign
# 28
06-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
step 1: Visit the c-store website and find something that you like.

step 2: Click to buy c-points.

Step 3: You are taken to a site where you can buy "Zen."

Step 4: You must grab a calculator to figure out how many Zen points you need to buy, in order to have enough C-points to get the thing that you want. 80 C-points = 100 Zen.

Or you could write it out on paper:

240/80 = x/100 --> DO THE MATH.

Step 5: Try then to buy "Zen" only to hit a brick wall if your PWE account is new. Or, find out that the purchase process for buying "Zen" is broken and/or confusing.

Step 6: Give up trying to give Cryptic any money.

Does that sound about right?
Insert: Step 6a: Attempt to file a support ticket, only to get a 404 Error on the ticket portal.

True story.
Career Officer
# 29
06-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Well, if I had to guess, I'd say we're in for a currency change up.

The whole point of 80 C-Points for $1 is to make things on the store seem cheaper. That doesn't happen anymore and it also has the side effect of making the stipend and currency bought via dilithium register as less. What value there was in the 80 for $1 setup gets lost with us purchasing ZEN first.

My pet theory is that we'll see a 1:1 ZEN currency adopted. It doesn't have to be called ZEN and doesn't have to be called C-Points... and given how point sales are now per game, I figure it will have its own Trek and Champions names.

My guess is they'll just flat out call them Trek Points. 100 for a dollar. And convert C-Points over to it. With stipends awarding 500 Trek Points a month and 500 Hero Points in Champions.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-27-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
step 1: Visit the c-store website and find something that you like.

step 2: Click to buy c-points.

Step 3: You are taken to a site where you can buy "Zen."

Step 4: You must grab a calculator to figure out how many Zen points you need to buy, in order to have enough C-points to get the thing that you want. 80 C-points = 100 Zen.

Or you could write it out on paper:

240/80 = x/100 --> DO THE MATH.

Step 5: Try then to buy "Zen" only to hit a brick wall if your PWE account is new. Or, find out that the purchase process for buying "Zen" is broken and/or confusing.

Step 6: Give up trying to give Cryptic any money.

Does that sound about right?
Actually, it goes more something like this:

Step 1: Visit the c-store website and find something that you like.

Step 2: Click to buy c-points.

Step 3: You are taken to a site where you can buy Zen.

Step 4: Use math to figure out how much zen to buy, then transfer a set amount that is too low to buy what you want, then transfer a smaller amount so that you have enough Cryptic points without going over and having extra cryptic points just sitting there doing nothing.

Step 5: Try then to buy Zen or earn it with surveys and watching videos, taking anywhere between 15 and 30 minutes.

Step 5a: Repeat until you have enough zen, avoiding surveys and offers that give you a chance to win a $1000 gift card (trust me, avoid these).

Step 5b: Log into your games and trade dilithium (or questionite if you are playing CO) for extra cryptic points

Step 6: Buy what you want, and if you traded dilithium/quesitonite for cryptic points and/or earned zen through surveys, offers, and/or videos, revel in the fact that you bought something from the cash shop without spending any cash.