Ensign
# 1 Qin Raptor is ugly.
06-20-2012, 05:54 PM
There. I said it.

When I bought the Puyjaq Raptor, I fell in love with it. It looks hella mean, and it's my favorite ship that i've owned since closed beta.

I knew I couldn't use at as a skin on the Qin, but I would really really like to. I'm a Raptor pilot through and through, but I find myself not wanting to play my klink much because of how plain and ugly I find the Qin.

I'm sure nothing will change, and maybe by 2016 there will be a refit version of it that looks better, but i'm not holding my breath. Not sure what I wanted out of this thread, probably just to vent. And say Hey PWI: Let me use my Puyjaq skin on my Qin Raptor.

Please?
Empire Veteran
# 2
06-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Don't like the Qin? Try the Birok.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Ensign
# 3
06-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Oh I have. Even tried mixing and matching and it just doesn't have the same flair the Puyjaq had.

This is all just personal opinion. I'm sure others think it's amazing, I just don't. I loved all the cannons and the nacelles and everything about the Puyjaq. Just can't understand why there's no other option for the highest level Raptor, but there are multiples for the low level ones.

Maybe it'll get rectified one day.
Commander
# 4
06-20-2012, 07:12 PM
I quite like the look of the Qin, myself. Especially my personal variant, which swaps out the upward-swept struts and small nacelles for the down-swept and more substantial nacelles of the Birok.

(I also like most of the other basic raptors, but not their fancy refits; go figure. This includes the OP's beloved PuyJaq - I much prefer the Pach, though I wish it had a more solid neck. What's there now looks wrong and/or impractical in much the same way as the Odyssey's split neck.)

Last edited by hfmudd; 06-20-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 5
06-21-2012, 05:45 AM
I always thought the Qin looked fast and deadly. Just wish it had the ingame turn and speed its lines portray.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Career Officer
# 6
06-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I always thought the Qin looked fast and deadly. Just wish it had the ingame turn and speed its lines portray.
There is a difference between effectiveness and aesthetics. And yes the qin is very effective, and yes the qin is very ugly, sort of like the Warthog. That pivot point thing though could use to get fixed.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Career Officer
# 7
06-21-2012, 07:16 AM
I always found the Qin to be an ugly raptor.

Ever seen the Tier2~ (I believe) raptor? it looks way more steamlines, simple but streamlined and much more canon/klingon.

Its cute and its a shame Cryptics Tier5 ships are all so exaggerated. Totally agree with the OP there.

Same for the Hegta, looks way too exaggerated I can think of lower tier BoP's which look way better.

But KDF never gets any love, and when we do get ships its all that lower tier crap or that 4 wing crap. And IF we do get a nice ship u can be sure the hull is nerfed to 10K with 3 Tactical consoles and a Removed aft weapon.

More reason not to play KDF? I would love to get some better looking ships and without that nerf bullcrap I would play KDF alot more. I have a jemmy on KDF< sure but I would miss my cloak and flying the same ships on both sides get a bit boring.
Empire Veteran
# 8
06-21-2012, 07:29 AM
So would these be plausible Qin builds then?

EPTS1 EPTS2
HE1 HE2
TT1
BO1 CRF1 APO1
THY1 APB1 CRF2 APO3

or

EPTS1 EPTS2
PH1 HE2
TT1
TT1 CRF1 THY3 (TS3) (BO3)
BO1 (THY1) APB1 CRF2 APO3

or

EPTS1 EPTS2
PH1 HE2
TT1
TT1 CRF1 TS3 (THY3)
TS1 (THY1) APB1 BO3 CRF3

I've been in a BC too long it seems........
He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 06-21-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Captain
# 9
06-21-2012, 08:40 AM
I've grown to love my Qin (coming from BOP's) but I had to change the 'stock' config to the narrower Birok struts and larger nacelles. Also that reflective type 3 metallic skin had to go- went with the type 1 'flat' skin, Sagittarius markings, the 'other' window layout, and with the Aegis set got some cool red pinstriping.

She looks like an SR-71 now.
:biggrin:
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Yea the new skins for the lower tier Kdf ships are just so much nicer to look at. T5 ships just haven't aged well.