Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
10-06-2009, 07:27 PM
How will we know when we have maxed out a skill and it can't go any further.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Are there fleet actions available to be performed (and perhaps repeated) as part of your characters progression?

Will there be fleet actions that can be queued up for so that people who dont belong to large fleets or perhaps dont have a lot of time to organize a team can queue up to participate in a "scheduled" event?

Are most of the episodes only solo content or can you still team up with other fleet members in order to perform the content?

How will rank effect your ability to participate in various types of group activity?
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
We'll have our next IRC Developer chat on Thursday October 8, 2009 at 11:30 a.m. PDT in #STO.

Our focus is going to be based on Player Progression. Please ask your questions here.
Just a couple of questions:

Will there be difference in skill progression for ship skills and away skills, or as you progress up one skill it gives you both ship/away skills?

What will be the basic skill trees (the academy level of skills if you will)?

As a captain, are we stuck in a character class, or will we be able to learn what ever skills we wish, within any prerequisites that might exist?

Thanks

Dent Masterson
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-08-2009, 08:07 AM
How will we receive notification of new content? Will there be a Communication display with a list of missions (thus, triggering an 'episode')?

Will we have audio/video distress calls pop up from time to time? (In otherwords, to use Champions Online terminology, will there be pedestrian missions, and if so, how will those be delivered to us)

Will there be a 'sidekick' function if two players of varying level work together on a mission? Will there be bonus experience given for the person helping someone else?

Do ships themselves gain experience? IE if I use my Soverign class ship more often than my Majestic class ship, Will the Sovereign have better abilities because I've used it more?
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-08-2009, 12:49 PM
What happened?
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Transcripts are here
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the transcripts.