Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 536
For the sake of simplicity. Im not saying give us different amounts of goodies for what 80 CP use to give us. Just change 80's to 100s. Asking your American customers to do conversions in some way is highly annoying. Better yet, since Cryptic was assimilated, just kill the term "Cryptic Points" altogether, remove the imaginary middle man, and just convert the C store to the Z store.

I must say, its easier to understand $1 = 100 Zen, dont go making it $1 = 80 Zen. Thats something the metric system is good for, ease of understanding, and Im American. If the total conversion wasnt planned soon, please plan it. Thats part of why I just yanked my gold sub just now, Im not going through a ton of conversions, customs, Ferengi, TSA, etc just to give PW my money. Make it simple.

And Im waiting for my FEs. No more subsidizing this game in the off months Im not getting the FE's. Yes I play and love Foundry, but as they say, I want the real storylines to progress and to make sense.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,295
# 2
06-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
For the sake of simplicity. Im not saying give us different amounts of goodies for what 80 CP use to give us. Just change 80's to 100s. Asking your American customers to do conversions in some way is highly annoying. Better yet, since Cryptic was assimilated, just kill the term "Cryptic Points" altogether, remove the imaginary middle man, and just convert the C store to the Z store.

I must say, its easier to understand $1 = 100 Zen, dont go making it $1 = 80 Zen. Thats something the metric system is good for, ease of understanding, and Im American. If the total conversion wasnt planned soon, please plan it. Thats part of why I just yanked my gold sub just now, Im not going through a ton of conversions, customs, Ferengi, TSA, etc just to give PW my money. Make it simple.

And Im waiting for my FEs. No more subsidizing this game in the off months Im not getting the FE's. Yes I play and love Foundry, but as they say, I want the real storylines to progress and to make sense.
It's simple really. $1.25 = 100 c-points.




I agree that I'd rather spend $1 and get 100 points but think of all the quarters PWE would lose in that?


How else would they afford random nonsensical redesigns to various customer interfaces?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,507
# 3
06-20-2012, 10:15 PM
I asked for this back when PWE took over Cryptic. Here's to hoping that your suggestion has more weight than mine, as mine didn't work.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 401
# 4
06-20-2012, 10:16 PM
if this happens expect a hike in the prices in the cstore of a comparable percentage.

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 793
# 5
06-20-2012, 10:34 PM
why would money grubbers give you the same value on your dollar? They only care about how much money they can now get from you...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,457
# 6
06-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
why would money grubbers give you the same value on your dollar? They only care about how much money they can now get from you...
The conversion gives the same value on a dollar.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 7
06-20-2012, 11:51 PM
Even imaginary middlemen have family to support (imaginary family mostly)

And lets not forget that the dollar is not the worlds only (or even most important currency)
Why should 100 cp not = ?1???
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
For the sake of simplicity. Im not saying give us different amounts of goodies for what 80 CP use to give us. Just change 80's to 100s. Asking your American customers to do conversions in some way is highly annoying. Better yet, since Cryptic was assimilated, just kill the term "Cryptic Points" altogether, remove the imaginary middle man, and just convert the C store to the Z store.

I must say, its easier to understand $1 = 100 Zen, dont go making it $1 = 80 Zen. Thats something the metric system is good for, ease of understanding, and Im American. If the total conversion wasnt planned soon, please plan it. Thats part of why I just yanked my gold sub just now, Im not going through a ton of conversions, customs, Ferengi, TSA, etc just to give PW my money. Make it simple.

And Im waiting for my FEs. No more subsidizing this game in the off months Im not getting the FE's. Yes I play and love Foundry, but as they say, I want the real storylines to progress and to make sense.
SERIOUSLY.... " Asking your American customers to do conversions".. I am Hoping The "American Customers" you speak of would NOT be from the Country in the Americas that is supposed to be the super power of the world. I would HOPE you are talking about some tiny little dot somewhere in the Americas with a First grade Education. The Simple Fact of Touting "American Customers" alone is Degrading enough to anyone in North, Central, or South America. Let alone to the other Countries of the World who have to do even Worse conversions then we due to different taxes. The "Americans" Should not have it made any easier then the Rest. This is Coming from someone located in NORTH America, The United States Of America. Also Not the only place in the Americas that Exists. "Americans" Typically Referenced as the U.S.A. By the rest of the world, has a bad enough reputation as it is for lack of Education and laziness. I do not need to be touted under another part because you simply cannot understand a conversion rate of a few numbers that has been Explained COUNTLESS times over the forums. It is NOT that hard to understand that under Cryptic it was 1.25 per 100 Cryptic Points. This Existed Before the Perfect World Take Over. It is still the same AFTER the Perfect world Take over. The new benefit with having the Perfect world Take over, You can Buy Points in Bulk. Fifty Dollars worth of points goes alot further due to the Bonus you get for buying that amount then spending it on Cryptic Points.

Yes My Writing Sucks, at least I can do basic Fkin Math. American Customers due not need more Privledges then the rest of the world. We are a "leading" nation, not an "entitled" nation. Tho with today's American society even that is questionable.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 154
# 9
06-21-2012, 02:51 AM
I'm from America... Here's how I convert it:

100 Zen/$1 = 80 C-Points
500 Zen/$5 = 400 C-Points
1500 Zen/$15 = 1200 C-Points
2000 Zen/$20 = 1600 C-Points

My god, that's HORRIBLE CONVERTING! My conversions must be horribly wrong!

It's all basically just like Microsoft's version of Points. $5 and you get 400 MSP. $1 and you get 80 MSP (Though they don't sell them that way, only 400 and up).

i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB Patriot G2 XMP RAM
ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5

Last edited by krayuskorianis; 06-21-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 10
06-21-2012, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
SERIOUSLY.... " Asking your American customers to do conversions".. I am Hoping The "American Customers" you speak of would NOT be from the Country in the Americas that is supposed to be the super power of the world. I would HOPE you are talking about some tiny little dot somewhere in the Americas with a First grade Education. The Simple Fact of Touting "American Customers" alone is Degrading enough to anyone in North, Central, or South America. Let alone to the other Countries of the World who have to do even Worse conversions then we due to different taxes. The "Americans" Should not have it made any easier then the Rest. This is Coming from someone located in NORTH America, The United States Of America. Also Not the only place in the Americas that Exists. "Americans" Typically Referenced as the U.S.A. By the rest of the world, has a bad enough reputation as it is for lack of Education and laziness. I do not need to be touted under another part because you simply cannot understand a conversion rate of a few numbers that has been Explained COUNTLESS times over the forums. It is NOT that hard to understand that under Cryptic it was 1.25 per 100 Cryptic Points. This Existed Before the Perfect World Take Over. It is still the same AFTER the Perfect world Take over. The new benefit with having the Perfect world Take over, You can Buy Points in Bulk. Fifty Dollars worth of points goes alot further due to the Bonus you get for buying that amount then spending it on Cryptic Points.

Yes My Writing Sucks, at least I can do basic Fkin Math. American Customers due not need more Privledges then the rest of the world. We are a "leading" nation, not an "entitled" nation. Tho with today's American society even that is questionable.
What is your nation of origin? Would be it fair to bash it and damn its flaws based solely on what you've said? I've never felt entitled for being American, I didn't have an issue with the conversion. You've obviously got some deep seeded issues against my nation. So please do tell me where your from, so we can balance this out.....
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:47 AM.