Captain
# 21
07-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Just FYI, there are two versions of the Nova to be found in the shipyards on Tribble, along with all the other fleet ships. All stats are present as well (not too sure whether those won't change yet, though). And from what I remember, both are more manoeuvrable than the recon (14 deg/s to 13 on the recon).
Where'd you find the stats?
All i found on tribble was the list of what the ships were that are available.
Captain
# 22
07-01-2012, 02:07 PM
They're shown on the ESD shipyard, I guess DS9 as well and... K7, is it?

The same way, KDF ships are shown in the Qo'nos shipyard (and probably all the other ship requisition centers).

EDIT: Of course, I mean on Tribble.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
# 23
07-01-2012, 02:47 PM
(Still doing my happy dance)

T3 military isn't as bad as I was thinking it would be. Granted, with a fleet of 2 it will take some doing, but you know what? This is something I don't mind working for at ALL.
Career Officer
# 24
07-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Except now I have another problem. I try and follow a consistent story line with my main character and her fleet of ships. The Miranda was the Avalon, then it was destroyed and her Intrepid-R was the Avalon A. Recently that one was destroyed (renamed) and my Vice Admiral claimed Admiral's privilege and renamed her Ody (Sci) to the Avalon B. Can't really do that again (especially so soon) for the Nova T5, so what do I name it? (All of my ships are named after cities, mostly legendary)
Captain
# 25
07-01-2012, 03:43 PM
It's strange. The Retrofit and Fleet retrofit have different Boff layouts. The regular retrofit is just a weaker luna with more turnrate, while the fleet retrofit has same consoles as luna, but a LtC. tac.

Of course, since an LtC. tac is the ship I've been wanting for ages. I am going to grab the first one my fleet requisitions.
Captain
# 26
07-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
It's strange. The Retrofit and Fleet retrofit have different Boff layouts. The regular retrofit is just a weaker luna with more turnrate, while the fleet retrofit has same consoles as luna, but a LtC. tac.

Of course, since an LtC. tac is the ship I've been wanting for ages. I am going to grab the first one my fleet requisitions.
There are many more differences between the two, one's got much better shields and hull than the other, and... oh, well, two more differences, apparently.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 27
07-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
There are many more differences between the two, one's got much better shields and hull than the other, and... oh, well, two more differences, apparently.
Well those fall under the category of being a crappier luna.
===
The Science Vessel Retrofit has the same console and Boff Layout as the luna with less shields, a lower shield modifier and less hull, but with 1 degree/sec more turn-rate. It's also going to be much, much harder to get, so it's not really worth it.

The Fleet Science Vessel retrofit, on the other hand, has a LtC Tac slot, which could be very useful. It still has stats lower than the Recon Science Vessel, but they are better than the SV-R. Unfortunately, it still has the same console layout as the RSV (strange since every other fleet retrofit has ten consoles, so I would have expected the FSV-R to have 2 eng 4 sci and 4 tac given the tactical bent it has).

I think the SV-R would be better off having the stats and console layout it has but with a LtC. tac boff slot, to give it a bit more advantage over the RSV, and more reason to actually get one.
Career Officer
# 28
07-02-2012, 02:26 AM
Hope can use the Rhode Island skin on it - have the T2 version, so should be able to should it be available.
Captain
# 29
07-02-2012, 02:44 AM
The Interview on priority one seemed to indicate that retrofits come with the parts of the standard ships, but you can use refit parts if you bought the C-Store version, so you should be able to use Rhode island Parts if you bought a Rhode Island.
Career Officer
# 30
07-02-2012, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
The Interview on priority one seemed to indicate that retrofits come with the parts of the standard ships, but you can use refit parts if you bought the C-Store version, so you should be able to use Rhode island Parts if you bought a Rhode Island.
That's a relief - whilst standard Nova is great, there is just something about the Rhode-Island variant that I just love.