Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
06-21-2012, 01:46 AM
--------------------------

Last edited by notapwefan; 11-26-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Lieutenant
# 12
06-21-2012, 01:47 AM
One, it's Trekker
Two, it's Wesley
Three, who cares, its a forum not your personal game celebrity meter
Four, less than one percent of the game population visits the forums daily

Also Wil Wheaton AKA Wesley, left the show of his own accord, he was not ousted by the fans,

I can't wait for a week to be over so this won't be topic number one.

Last edited by macfelly; 06-21-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Career Officer
# 13
06-21-2012, 03:23 AM
you had me untill you mentioned T5 connies. Sorry, no.
Career Officer
# 14
06-21-2012, 03:54 AM
You broke rule #2 with rules 1,3,4 and 5.
Commander
# 15
06-21-2012, 03:57 AM
Wil_Wheaton actually hated "Wesley" too. He wrote a very nice and funny book
Career Officer
# 16
06-21-2012, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Example of this point applying to STO: Where are the William Ware Theiss costumes? The Ambassador? The Vesta? T5 Connie? TNG & VOY bundles? Off-duty clothes for Boffs?
Nope, never going to happen.

I would say nice try, but you're made a posterior out of yourself.
Career Officer
# 17
06-21-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfelly View Post
One, it's Trekker
Two, it's Wesley
Three, who cares, its a forum not your personal game celebrity meter
Four, less than one percent of the game population visits the forums daily

Also Wil Wheaton AKA Wesley, left the show of his own accord, he was not ousted by the fans,

I can't wait for a week to be over so this won't be topic number one.
Glad you corrected the OP on the whole "Westley" thing. And he calls himself a Trekky? And yes, there are Trekkies and there are also Trekkers.

Trekkies tend to be those whom are true fanatics about the show, you know, the ones who go in full Klingon Regalia including professional grade prosthetic foreheads (and not just to conventions either). Trekkers on the other hand, while just as devoted to the shows, do not go all out and dress like Mister Woof (yes this is an intentional "typo" Fellow TNG Trek Fans will get the joke) to go pick up milk from the local store (yes, believe it or not I have seen a couple around here with my own eyes who go out on a daily basis to the grocery store dressed in full Star Trek Costumes).

One of the greatest things I have noticed about the Star Trek community is the Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations. It brings people from vastly different walks of life together that might not have otherwise ever spoken to one another or gathered in the same place otherwise. Heck, it even transcends language barriers (Anyone recall the guy who made friends with a Russian when he did not speak Russian and the Russian did not speak English? They both however spoke Klingon.) Whether you are a TOSer or TNGer, DS9er, ENTer, or a Voyager(er?) you in some way like Star Trek, you like a vision and a Universe created by a Legend (Gene Rodenberry RIP). And for the most part, you Trekkers or Trekkies are a great lot, mature and friendly to a fault (though we do have a few old school Klingons amongst our ranks lol).
Career Officer
# 18
06-21-2012, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiltedkitten View Post
... Whether you are a TOSer or TNGer, DS9er, ENTer, or a Voyager(er?) you in some way like Star Trek, you like a vision and a Universe created by a Legend (Gene Rodenberry RIP)...
I laughed at what you didn't write there.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
06-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Star Trek cannot be made with out the fans, it never has. PWE cannot treat STO like one of it's first party titles, it can't even treat it like a western game. Star Trek Online needs to be treated like Star Trek. That is the most difficult lesson PWE (and even Cryptic) will have to learn. And for the sake of this game, they need to learn it fast. :tongue:
Very well said...

And I'd like to add that Trekkies are also some of most intelligent and creative individuals you'll ever meet.

Whenever someone throws out the tired old line... "If you don't like this game go make a better one", I always think to myself that if anyone could create an amazing Star Trek game, it would be a group of Trekkies
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Lieutenant
# 20
06-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Star Trek Online needs to be treated like Star Trek. That is the most difficult lesson PWE (and even Cryptic) will have to learn. And for the sake of this game, they need to learn it fast. :tongue:
One would have thought Cryptic would have learned this under Atari, when they ran $30k in the red one year and $15k in the red the next. 2 straight years-no profits.

One would have thought Cryptic would have learned this after launch, when entire fleets left the game. Or a year after launch, when entire fleets continued to leave the game (like mine).

The fact Cryptic sold out in both the literal and figurative senses of the word to foreign company is proof STO is in Salvage Operation mode- which might be profitable for the company, but is negligent to the game and the IP.

Stop treating STO like a salvage operation (lockboxes, releasing 1-2 missions at a time like 'snacks' to tide players over 'til next month, releasing in-game items obtainable only through paying cash-money a la lobi store BS) . . .

. . .And start treating it like Star Trek because that's the only way it will truly succeed.