Starfleet Veteran
# 1 gold member stipend
06-22-2012, 01:22 PM
So how much Zen are gold members going to recieve monthly?
Community Moderator
# 2
06-22-2012, 01:25 PM
I doubt you ever will get ZEN as a stipend. If they gave you ZEN, you could transfer it to any PW game. CP will still be "bound" to STO.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
06-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I doubt you ever will get ZEN as a stipend. If they gave you ZEN, you could transfer it to any PW game. CP will still be "bound" to STO.
So the stipend will stay as C-points?
Career Officer
# 4
06-22-2012, 01:27 PM
They won't. The stipend will still be Cryptic points that are tied to STO only. Zen could be used in any PWE game.
Career Officer
# 5
06-22-2012, 01:28 PM
The F2P matrix still lists the promotional points as C-points, and since it seems unlikely they would have moved all the webpage files and info to PWE servers and leave such a mistake seems unlikely.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 6
06-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
The F2P matrix still lists the promotional points as C-points, and since it seems unlikely they would have moved all the webpage files and info to PWE servers and leave such a mistake seems unlikely.
They left the bit about lifetimers have special colors here in the forums....
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Community Moderator
# 7
06-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
So the stipend will stay as C-points?
Understand that I'm not an official source of information.

But I'm pretty sure that the stipend isn't going to change the way it works any time soon.
Career Officer
# 8
06-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
They left the bit about lifetimers have special colors here in the forums....

Look at my name... we still have that feature.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 9
06-22-2012, 02:00 PM
From the Free-to-Play matrix (gold column):

Quote:
Monthly Stipend [?] - 400 Promotional Points
If you mouse over the "[?]," you get the following:

Quote:
Promotional Points differ from Cryptic Points in that they can only be used in Star Trek Online. Cryptic Points, however, may be used across all Cryptic Studios' games.

Thus, it is not just that they are not going to be in Zen because they only are usable in Cryptic games; technically, they are not even CP. They are promotional points and are only valid in STO, so, theoretically, they are not even usable in Champions Online, even though that is another Cryptic game and it uses CP. As such, until they change that policy, there won't be giving you Zen instead of "promotional points" usable in STO.

But, in answer to your question, since 100 Zen = 80 CP, the conversion formulas are:

Zen * .80 = CP

and

CP * 1.25 = Zen

Thus, if they were to give you the stipend in Zen, it would be 400 * 1.25 = 500 Zen.
Rihannsu
# 10
06-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
So how much Zen are gold members going to recieve monthly?
I asked Branflakes this yesterday on Twitter, he said we will continue to get the same cpoints as our stipend.