Career Officer
# 11
06-21-2012, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick65 View Post
I've read the posts about how people are not happy for this and that...Give me a break..it's just a game.... The changes PWE have made are for the better. The website looks much much better and the game is fixing to have what sounds like a tremendous season 6 release (the star base alerts sounds great, PVP fix...yes!).

So people quit your moaning and groaning and just play a good FREE game and quit ******** so much ----let the people at PWE do their job. If you are unhappy then leave....OR wise up play the game and have fun.

PWE.........KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

1) Changes by PWE are not for the best, they are flawed and not well implemented thus far.
2) I am also looking forward to season 6, but this has nothing to do with account linking, which is also flawed.
3) This game is not free for those who chose to pay for it and thus actually support it and make things happen

The linking of the accounts has not been well implemented creating several issues. For one, you can't use your account name so you have to create a new one which might get confusing on the forums. Also, they promissed a reward for creating a PWE account, which they fail to actually give you thus far. On top of that, logging into the game using the option to use your Cryptic account is no longer possible. Also, I can's access all forum options since PWE chose to erase my history and set my account subscription days back to 0, while I have been a member of STO and Cryptic for years.

I know all these... complaints, might get fixed soon (or so I hope), but as far as I know it is usually wise to test changes before implementing them, causing failures and piss off those people who actually pay you for some quality.

Also, it would be nice to be able to send in a ticket while clicking the submit ticket option... so far, that page can't be accessed since the revamp.

I say Boo PWE, boooooo.....!
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-21-2012, 06:05 AM
The shape of things to come?
Captain
# 13
06-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Quote:
So people quit your moaning and groaning and just play a good FREE game and quit ******** so much ----let the people at PWE do their job. If you are unhappy then leave....OR wise up play the game and have fun.

I've spent a lot of money on this game, so you'll excuse me but I have the right to complain about the product I've invested in.

Before I abandon the game, I'd rather let them know how unhappy I am in the (slight) hope that it encourages them to change their decision-making.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
06-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Your Join Date on the forums has NO effect on the amount of time subscribed, and if just has to do with bragging rights about when you joined STO get over it
Ensign
# 15
06-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Its a shame
Career Officer
# 16
06-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Sad day indeed.
Community Moderator
# 17
06-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Eh, I had an early join date, too. But I'm not all that attached to it.

If you ask me, we're better off. There were too many people pointing at their Join Date as if that made them among the universe's most advanced lifeforms.

I'd say the same about the Career Officer tag, but people (not me) did pay for that and as such they ought to be able to keep it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-21-2012, 11:56 AM
i can see the need to merge the account system , makes easier transition to purchasing system PWE uses. but i feel this was poorly planned in the merging of the forums . from the lame selection of avatars to the joined dates and posts and of coarse any change in forum identity . theres a ton of history on the old forum .

im greatly disappointed in how this turned out .
Captain
# 19
06-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
I've read the posts about how people are not happy for this and that...Give me a break..it's just a game.... The changes PWE have made are for the better. The website looks much much better and the game is fixing to have what sounds like a tremendous season 6 release (the star base alerts sounds great, PVP fix...yes!).

Apparently, someone doesn't remember their true track record. Let face it they blew this one. For me and a lot of others this was a waste of resources to rebuild a site that only needed a couple of adjustments. The site now takes too long to load and looks really lame as a result of enforced uniformity. As far as season 6 goes I am not excited for it, Star bases are just an avoidance of a problem that needs to be addressed. Non time gated missions on a consistent basis, and a revamp for a half finished faction.
Ensign
# 20
06-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Give me a break..it's just a game....
Err...you mean forum. The game is a completely different problem. Lol

__________________________________________________ ___________