Empire Veteran
geko is working on updating npcs! https://twitter.com/#!/CaptainGeko great news, this is what ive been hoping they would do for quite a wile. npcs are their bread and butter, its 90% of what you interact with in game, provided you don't almost exclusively pvp like me

its not exactly what i would have wanted, more station powers and weapons and less huge damage and hitpoint multipliers, but its better then nothing.

but first a word on quad cannons-

"Increasing damage/dps on quad phaser and disruptor so they are better than mk 12 purple duals when you are VA. Going out with season 6."

so thats cool, now onto npc news

"Updating tons of space critters for season 6 including gorn, nausicaan, Klingon, Orion. Working on fed now."

"Critter additions include a ferengi battle mode, nausicaan guramba and scourge, orion corsairs and marauder, Klingon bortas and bortasqu"

"Gorn Dragus, Dragus and phalanx. All these critters will have the associated abilities."

"Also adding bioneural warhead, isometric charge, Subspace jump and stasis beam to Klingon critter ships. Lots more."

so npcs will have all the high end player ships, maybe replacing all the older ugly npc models. these ships are getting at least the special console abilities too, and hopefully more, and according to borticus-

"The Tholian enemies are really shaping up. I'm deeply proud of how they're turning out, and can't wait for you all to fight them in STO!"

so PVE should get about 50% more fun soon!
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 2
07-01-2012, 03:41 PM
i saw these and im excited by it. npc's needed some attention and this is just the ticket.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 3
07-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
geko is working on updating npcs! https://twitter.com/#!/CaptainGeko great news, this is what ive been hoping they would do for quite a wile. npcs are their bread and butter, its 90% of what you interact with in game, provided you don't almost exclusively pvp like me

its not exactly what i would have wanted, more station powers and weapons and less huge damage and hitpoint multipliers, but its better then nothing.

"Increasing damage/dps on quad phaser and disruptor so they are better than mk 12 purple duals when you are VA. Going out with season 6."

"Updating tons of space critters for season 6 including gorn, nausicaan, Klingon, Orion. Working on fed now."

"Critter additions include a ferengi battle mode, nausicaan guramba and scourge, orion corsairs and marauder, Klingon bortas and bortasqu"

"Gorn Dragus, Dragus and phalanx. All these critters will have the associated abilities."

"Also adding bioneural warhead, isometric charge, Subspace jump and stasis beam to Klingon critter ships. Lots more."

so npcs will have all the high end player ships, maybe replacing all the older ugly npc models. these ships are getting at least the special console abilities too, and hopefully more, and according to borticus-

"The Tholian enemies are really shaping up. I'm deeply proud of how they're turning out, and can't wait for you all to fight them in STO!"

Interesting. Thanks.
Banned
# 4
07-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Very much looking forward to this, maybe NPC's might actually end up being more challenging in the future.
Captain
# 5
07-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Would actually love to see Klingon ships (Battlecruiser/Battleship/Dreadnought) using Bioneural Warheads. They do about the same damage as the Tricobolts, but in my opinion have a way cooler animation (since you can see and follow the warheads flight).
Career Officer
# 6
07-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Hopefully, while they're updating the NPC critters, they'll remove that ugly, generic "Apex Battleship" from the game entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-02-2012, 03:49 PM
This could be fun.
_______
equal parts cynical and helpful
Captain
# 8
07-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:

I don't see why this is needed. The quad cannons work and are even better than the mk12's in their niche role. Thing is, people are too dim to figure out how to make the quad cannons work.

They use a mixture of engine and weapon power for their damage output. Hence a high engine power level and a decently high weapon power setting = VERY high damage while at top speed. A mk12 dual cannon at max weapon power setting does only a tiny amount more damage but the ship firing them is below half engine power.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-02-2012, 11:41 PM
While you are at it, could you guy make the NPCs redistribute their shields? Always? ^^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Empire Veteran
# 10
07-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Quote:

Swqeeeeeeeeeeeee! Great news. Thank you dontdrunk!
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.