Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
# 21
06-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjumetley View Post
For me it's simply not right if Dreadnought gets the separation. Galaxy-Retro is already nearly useless compared to Gal-X [but a lot more beautiful too ]. If X gets the separation, then R has to get something too. A big something if you as me.
Retro's already rendered completely useless due to the Odyssey. Not only has saucer sep, but escort pet too. The new Akira and Atrox also render it more or less obsolete.

If you're flying the Gal-R, you're nerfing yourself.

Gal-X still has use at least after the Odyssey came out. It can still 1-shot anything in the game.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 240
# 22
06-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaishinlegion View Post
Gal-X still has use at least after the Odyssey came out. It can still 1-shot anything in the game.

I'll just leave this here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
# 23
06-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyvix View Post
I'll just leave this here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole
Well let's see... It can 1-shot Odyssey... it can 1-shot Atrox... it can 1-shot Galaxy of all variants... it can 1-shot Klingon Carriers... it can 1-shot every escort...

I've done all of the above on many occasions, many of which with video evidence to prove it can be done...

Your ignorance on the vessel's capabilities is both noted and appreciated.

And no... I am not referring to Tactical Cubes... PvP. The only mode in the game worth even mentioning.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 115
# 24 it is very possible...
06-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaishinlegion View Post
Well let's see... It can 1-shot Odyssey... it can 1-shot Atrox... it can 1-shot Galaxy of all variants... it can 1-shot Klingon Carriers... it can 1-shot every escort...

I've done all of the above on many occasions, many of which with video evidence to prove it can be done...

Your ignorance on the vessel's capabilities is both noted and appreciated.

And no... I am not referring to Tactical Cubes... PvP. The only mode in the game worth even mentioning.
yeah a proper outfitted Gx, can hurt you on a decloak strike. I am only about half setup in mine and I have done a 52k hit with 2 bursts. I have seen more then that, and when my wife was using hers and all her skills and setups, I have seen her single shot hit other ships 40-50K ranges, admitted nothing as large as Hakaish states they have, but with the proper BO powers, outfit, powers and player skill, a alpha first strike of a Gx is nothing to sneeze at and it is capable of doing what he is stating given the right time, condition, and target.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
# 25
06-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludagger View Post
yeah a proper outfitted Gx, can hurt you on a decloak strike. I am only about half setup in mine and I have done a 52k hit with 2 bursts. I have seen more then that, and when my wife was using hers and all her skills and setups, I have seen her single shot hit other ships 40-50K ranges, admitted nothing as large as Hakaish states they have, but with the proper BO powers, outfit, powers and player skill, a alpha first strike of a Gx is nothing to sneeze at and it is capable of doing what he is stating given the right time, condition, and target.
If those are the numbers your wife is hitting, she's not that far off of me, to be honest. I think my maximum in PvP is against a Defiant Retro, which was 71k in one shot, and he didn't survive to take the 2nd shot.

It should be noted that the 71k is what hit the hull. It went through the shields first and stripped them immediately, so total damage of that shot would've been beyond 75k.

Naturally if both blasts would've struck, using simple math the Lance total would've dealt 150k, in PvP.

If your wife is hitting 50k consistently in 1 of the 2 shots of the Lance, then she's already more or less where I am.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 20
# 26
06-24-2012, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjumetley View Post
For me it's simply not right if Dreadnought gets the separation. Galaxy-Retro is already nearly useless compared to Gal-X [but a lot more beautiful too ]. If X gets the separation, then R has to get something too. A big something if you as me.
yesh, maybe a massive power increase or maybe, better manuverbility? i dunno, either way, ive been experiemnting with pvp on my dreadnaught. i pvp withklingons, i realized how powerful i already was, i mean i had 3 raptor escorts on my tail and i lived longer than the odyssey next to me
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 20
# 27
06-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaishinlegion View Post
If those are the numbers your wife is hitting, she's not that far off of me, to be honest. I think my maximum in PvP is against a Defiant Retro, which was 71k in one shot, and he didn't survive to take the 2nd shot.

It should be noted that the 71k is what hit the hull. It went through the shields first and stripped them immediately, so total damage of that shot would've been beyond 75k.

Naturally if both blasts would've struck, using simple math the Lance total would've dealt 150k, in PvP.

If your wife is hitting 50k consistently in 1 of the 2 shots of the Lance, then she's already more or less where I am.
i seriously need to rethink my skill tree, ive got 2,080 cpoints but im worried the retrofit will be more than 200 cpoints, and if i waste 400 on a respec, i wont be able to buy the retrofit, well, cna you tell me the skill tree anyway, i'll have to think about this. what im saying how do you get your spinal laser lance to do 70K!?!?!?? maybe its my class. is there a way i can increase it?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 750
# 28
06-24-2012, 01:58 AM
Only tactical captains can get the spinal lance to do 75k. You need attack pattern alpha and fire on my mark to even have a hope of doing that kind of damage. As an engineer I fly a Gal-X and I can barely break 30k damage on my best days.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 20
# 29
06-24-2012, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
Only tactical captains can get the spinal lance to do 75k. You need attack pattern alpha and fire on my mark to even have a hope of doing that kind of damage. As an engineer I fly a Gal-X and I can barely break 30k damage on my best days.
oh well, atleast i can 1-shot BOP and escorts, im happy with that
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 58
# 30
06-24-2012, 05:04 AM
saucer section seperation i could care about but i still feel the dreadnought is under gunned and now from what ive google its under sheilded aswell it supposed to have 2 hulls u can see here from the federation dreadnaught specs in the link below before you start arguing gene roddenberry wrote a book called dreadnaught which mention 3 propulsion systems on the ship to if your gonna make a better version i hope this info is helpful i know you can't make it that hardcore but it needs to be reviewed. http://www.kitsune.addr.com/SF-Conve...Federation.htm
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:38 PM.