Career Officer
#1 //edit: FALSE ALARM :redface:
the instance glitch went away after the first cycle reset, man do i feel stupid now ;P
all that fuzz for nothing...
#2 still stands though...

//

i don't know if this is intended or not, it certainly is no fun...
not sure who to ask about this as we have nobody now who is responsible for the DOff System now... do we?

The new Caitian and Ferasan Chain assignments are up EVERYWHERE!!!

Somebody did not get the memo that it is NOT FUN to "search & hunt" for assignments (which is a big part of the DOff System) if they are available EVERYWHERE + ALL THE TIME!

and thats it...?

what the ...???

Attend Caitian Diplomatic Dinner 1/10 currently available in the following Zones :
Reg, DS9g, DS9s. SIR, BU, ZA, AT, EE, OL....

i stopped counting there...

Attend Ferasan Trial by Combat 1/10 ... AC, DS9g, FCg ...just by logging in...

Last edited by zerobang; 06-22-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Community Moderator
# 2
06-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Ouch. Not good.

Is this affecting the Department Head assignment view as well?
Survivor of Remus
# 3
06-22-2012, 01:20 PM
thats how things go
Career Officer
# 4
06-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
Heretic is gone ONE DAY and you already mess up our DOff System!

the Bug is back that instances of the same sector have different assignment listings !

A few of the DOFFJOBS channel users including myself have tested multiple sectors+instances and ALL Sectors with multiple instances were affected!

Heretic had fixed this bug at least 2 months ago !

No surprise there considering Cryptic's track record with QA and version control management. Who is in charge of the DOFF system now anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Heretic is gone ONE DAY and you already mess up our DOff System!

the Bug is back that instances of the same sector have different assignment listings !

A few of the DOFFJOBS channel users including myself have tested multiple sectors+instances and ALL Sectors with multiple instances were affected!

Heretic had fixed this bug at least 2 months ago !

Well... GOOD JOB Cryptic for letting us test the latest build for a whole 24 hours on Red Shirt before you pushed it live

You really learned your lesson with the Armitage Fail. NOT

Thats been reported off and on for at least a month. There are TONS AND TONS of bugs.

Even if he was here I doubt they would get fixed. IMO all the starbase crap would push any fixes months and months down the line.

But like i was saying in game... The real issue is that we now have to go back and re-explain all the bugs to new people.

As an aside.... for the past few months it seems like many many things have not worked as they were designed. Heretic thinks they are OK but they arent. Its like other departments are messing things up when things are pushed for release.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:

i don't know if this is intended or not, it certainly is no fun...
not sure who to ask about this as we have nobody now who is responsible for the DOff System now... do we?

The new Caitian and Ferasan Chain assignments are up EVERYWHERE!!!

Somebody did not get the memo that it is NOT FUN to "search & hunt" for assignments (which is a big part of the DOff System) if they are available EVERYWHERE + ALL THE TIME!

and thats it...?

what the ...???

Attend Caitian Diplomatic Dinner 1/10 currently available in the following Zones :
Reg, DS9g, DS9s. SIR, BU, ZA, AT, EE, OL....

i stopped counting there...

Attend Ferasan Trial by Combat 1/10 ... AC, DS9g, FCg ...just by logging in...
Many missions are available all over if your character can do them. Thats why I think the sheet and the channel arent actually useful anymore. Its like the resettle colonist mission. If your toon can do it you'll see it nearly anywhere you are. I doff in 3 sectors only and get every mission like clockwork with out hunting. Im baffled why people even bother calling stuff out or doing bridge invites.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
06-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Quick! Grab all the caitian/ferasan assignments on all your captains! Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
Captain
# 8
06-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
Quick! Grab all the caitian/ferasan assignments on all your captains! Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
Pretty much. Plus it is the first level of the chain. I have a feeling knowing how hard some folks have had finding the further ones up the chain that we'll see it get harder.

Did come as a surprise though. Could have sworn that that was coming with season 6.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Cryptic QA you guys make me laugh.
Noone.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
06-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorandra View Post
Cryptic QA you guys make me laugh.
Wait wait wait...Cryptic has QA? Could have fooled me.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426