Banned
# 11
06-22-2012, 12:25 AM
CORE is still being actively developed, along with it's new client (in private beta testing). STO will be added eventually, it takes a lot of development to make sure the achievements are activating correctly and items from the Token Shop are being delivered to the right character etc.

I'm sure you guys will love it, especially the closet gamers, as it's a nice alternative to Facebook to keep in touch with guildies and in-game friends you've met along the way. It also has it's own inbox system so you can message people who don't generally use the forums.

Once STO has been integrated into CORE, you'll also be able to run your own guild pages, post updates to everyone in the guild and a lot more. Also, the system detects if you belong to a guild and automatically adds you to it with the correct permissions. The leader of said guild can then add page moderators etc.

It's a great system and I tend to use it quite a bit!
Community Moderator
# 12
06-22-2012, 02:18 AM
I'm actually looking forward to this being really integrated fully! Already got the client downloaded too hehe :smile:
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
06-22-2012, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
I'm actually looking forward to this being really integrated fully! Already got the client downloaded too hehe :smile:
Me too! ...wait 'client downloaded'
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Community Moderator
# 14
06-22-2012, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Me too! ...wait 'client downloaded'
Yah not fully supporting STO or CO yet but I'm sure it's coming :smile:

Grab it at http://www.perfectworld.com/coreclient
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Commander
# 15
06-22-2012, 04:44 AM
doesnt make up for what was lost in the old forums....

Ensign
# 16
06-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyaddiction View Post
CORE is still being actively developed, along with it's new client (in private beta testing). STO will be added eventually, it takes a lot of development to make sure the achievements are activating correctly and items from the Token Shop are being delivered to the right character etc.

I'm sure you guys will love it, especially the closet gamers, as it's a nice alternative to Facebook to keep in touch with guildies and in-game friends you've met along the way. It also has it's own inbox system so you can message people who don't generally use the forums.

Once STO has been integrated into CORE, you'll also be able to run your own guild pages, post updates to everyone in the guild and a lot more. Also, the system detects if you belong to a guild and automatically adds you to it with the correct permissions. The leader of said guild can then add page moderators etc.

It's a great system and I tend to use it quite a bit!
Well that definitely seals it, now I'm quite certain I won't like it.
Banned
# 17
06-22-2012, 10:47 AM
I mean Facebook in the sense you can interact with others through sharing updates and chatting with eachother, sharing photos etc. I hate Facebook, haven't used it in like, 6 months? I really like CORE though, especially as when you hit an achievement, it goes into the news feed for all your contacts to show you've achieved a milestone. At least give it a go when STO is integrated.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
06-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Bit worried about that, Rusty Hearts and the like haven't been integrated yet. Who's to say STO and CO ever will be?
Career Officer
# 19
06-22-2012, 11:56 AM
It's more like "Steam".

Links players to games, and friends between games, shows off achievements, and rewards gameplay with extra perks. "your best friend is online, and playing Champions right now" - that's the point of it.
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None
Ensign
# 20
06-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyaddiction View Post
I really like CORE though, especially as when you hit an achievement, it goes into the news feed for all your contacts to show you've achieved a milestone.
Well that seals it I will be passing on this. I refuse to spam others with crap information they do not care about. Oh look I did 150,000 Phaser damage, or I have run STF missions 150 times.

As for the social comminication portion. Those that could make my contact list have other methoids of contacting me, I do not need another IM service or place to check for messages.

As for the rewards I am willing to bet they will claim a bug prevents them from giveing rewards for anyone who got an achivement before the system is added. Just so they can promote selling of character slots.