Career Officer
# 31 Why Nerf Cure?
06-22-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
STF BORG BALANCE:
"The Cure" - Space
- All assimilated Klingon ships have been brought in-line with other STF Borg critters
- Reduced innate damage bonuses of Negh'var and Raptors.
- Removed Negh'Var's ability to Critically Hit.
- Reduced hit points of Raptors
What? Why? Really? Why? Cure space is doable, in its current level of difficulty... with a decent team optional is a given, with plenty of time left on the timer... (been on teams where > 7 minutes remaining on the optional timer is now considered standard).

Why must the game get nerfed to make those who maybe shouldn't be calling themselves elite players, think they are elite?

Seriously, the optional are a joke now (with the exception of going pug, or a little mistake... i can not recall the last failed optional)... If you want to nerf the mission, then create an advanced mode (similar to player mission settings). Take the elite mode as it exists today (or with the nerf), make that your advanced level, and bump up the difficulty for elite...

I want it to be harder, not easier!
Career Officer
# 32
06-22-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
+ Added a new KDF-only duty officer assignment chain "Unforgiven of Ferasa".
.....o It rewards a purple Ferasan Flight Deck Officer with a new active roster power.
.....o It also provides access to a repeatable assignment for additional flight deck officers and a repeatable
Can I have my ferasan atrox unlock now please? Oh the yellow looks better then the red, less angry =^.o.^=
Less klingon though

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

Last edited by blitzy4; 06-22-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Career Officer
# 33
06-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Cure was quiet doable with the proper team in place. Several times, when played it was quiet beatable, but hair raising and tight.

The possible complainers, are possible the ones who went in without proper ships or abilities.

-Sigh..-

Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T1.5, Tac 2, Eng 1 & Sci 1.
Subscribe to STO--1200+ days
LTS Since December 2011
Career Officer
# 34
06-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
What? Why? Really? Why? Cure space is doable, in its current level of difficulty... with a decent team optional is a given, with plenty of time left on the timer... (been on teams where > 7 minutes remaining on the optional timer is now considered standard).

Why must the game get nerfed to make those who maybe shouldn't be calling themselves elite players, think they are elite?

Seriously, the optional are a joke now (with the exception of going pug, or a little mistake... i can not recall the last failed optional)... If you want to nerf the mission, then create an advanced mode (similar to player mission settings). Take the elite mode as it exists today (or with the nerf), make that your advanced level, and bump up the difficulty for elite...

I want it to be harder, not easier!
I respectively disagree.

It's all in the one sentence, as you said yourself: "with a decent team". I've been in plenty of PuG's with players who either had no idea what they were doing, didn't listen, fired their useless rainbow beams at the wrong thing or ALL of the above.

I welcome the changes.
Career Officer
# 35
06-22-2012, 08:23 AM
With the changes, the rainbow effects will probably continued...
:biggrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I respectively disagree.

It's all in the one sentence, as you said yourself: "with a decent team". I've been in plenty of PuG's with players who either had no idea what they were doing, didn't listen, fired their useless rainbow beams at the wrong thing or ALL of the above.

I welcome the changes.

Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T1.5, Tac 2, Eng 1 & Sci 1.
Subscribe to STO--1200+ days
LTS Since December 2011
Ensign
# 36
06-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truewarper View Post
With the changes, the rainbow effects will probably continued...
:biggrin:
Rainbow will continue with or without these changes. Over all it not really fair for everyone to expect others to join a fleet etc just to play an stf.
Career Officer
# 37
06-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I respectively disagree.

I welcome the changes.
I have done many a pug (and more than a few EliteSTF chan groups) with the same effect, same challenges.... This is why throughout game play, when I find a decent player, I friend request them, take some notes on the friend list, and before I resort to Pug, i check to see if I can form a private/set team.

Now, I have to point out that I have been in matches where those who "had no idea what they were doing, didn't listen, fired their useless rainbow beams at the wrong thing or ALL of the above", got flamed... and seriously flamed. To a point that flamers get ignored by me faster than needing nijas, and those who have no clue what they are doing. Screaming and flaming does not help, is not instructive, and just plain rude (I am not inferring that you do any of these things reyon1)...

If they really have no clue, then after the mission (because most are trying to successfully complete the mission to the best of their ability), i'll PM the individuals, and offer training (in normal level, using elite tactics, where it is a little more forgiving). I have found that most really WANT to learn, and improve... they just need guidance.

By making the "Elite" well.... not so Elite... encourages mediocre game play.
Empire Veteran
# 38
06-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
I have done many a pug (and more than a few EliteSTF chan groups) with the same effect, same challenges....
I find pugs for the most part to be better players than those public channels where its anyone can join and not a testament that some other player (that is known by others to be halfway decent of a player) can vouch for your ability to carry your own weight in those channels
Ensign
# 39
06-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Nailed it right there. The word 'elite' entails someone being an absolute expert to do well in the mission. That is not at all what happens in the pugs, not even close. Maybe 10% of the time the team will be up to the challenge of making the optional in good time. More often then not the fail is of epic proportions. The only time I feel like getting the optional is certain is when the fleet boss forms a group and we go hard at it.

If there was a way for STF's to determine a players actual ability and form groups according to that it would be amazing. I know that's a pipe dream, but it's a nice pipe dream.
Lieutenant
# 40 Server still down?
06-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Cant wait to do the caitian doff assignment
Closed Thread