- Why are there so many 'new' ship names on the teir list, when it is clearly missing a few canon ships, such as the Nebula, Excelsior and Ambassador? (I was personally looking forward to trying out a Nebula)
- As many people have asked before, what is with the dubious ship placements? Different people have different opinions on this topic, but the Galaxy, Defiant, and Akira are all in lower teirs than I would have expected. For example, I was expecting the three T4 cruisers to be Sovereign, Galaxy and that new NX-91001 ship.
- Why is constitution class playable? I have been holding my tongue on this topic so far, but really... That ship is like a 140 year old design, refit or no. As I understand it, most of Starfleet's older ships (such as Constitutions and Excelsiors) were wiped out during the dominion wars and borg attacks. Only Starfleet's newer tech ships were really able to hold up against those enemies. The only way anyone could possibly be playing a constitution in 2409 is if they obtained it from a museum.
- Is it too late in development to make changes to the ship teirs? On the Starfleet side of the game, I honestly think you could have done a little better on the ship list.
1) the gamestop preorder bonus ship,would we be able to use that right away or would we need to make it to a certain level/rank first?
2)will each ship class have any special weapons? like on star trek armada where one ship could fire a torpido that bounced from one enemy ship to the next or how the sovereign had that special shielding it could turn on for a few moments of extra protection?
1) how come the akira class is a t2 ship and not a t3. while the defiant class is a t3 and not a t2.
Originally Posted by Jack_Roberts
Are the Excelsior, Nebula, Steamrunner, Cheyenne, Ambassador, etc. Within the current configurations and if so will they be called or labeled as such or be modifications under a different Name.
Will the ships classified under "other" be unlock-able or otherwise made available for player use or are they strictly NPC vessels.
Originally Posted by Kazzy
Whats the difference between the 3 ships in each group.
For example what is the actual difference between the Nova, Aurora and Quasar?
Originally Posted by Varrangian
How big is the performance gap between lower tiered ships and tier 4 ships? Will a tier 2 ship be useful in tier 4 content without having to be overly dependent on other tier 4 ships? This is not to ask if a tier 2 ship can solo tier 4 content, but is it even useful or would we be better off in a tier 4 ship?
If only one can be answered though, the Akira class vs. Defiant class placement would be at the top of my personal list.
I was curious if the Klingon side will be split (like the Federation is with Science, Escort, and Cruiser), but along the Klingon, Orion, and Nausican ships? I.E.: Klingon ships are Cruisers, Orion like Science, and Nausican ships like Escorts? Or will the other ships appear sporadically through the Klingon tiers?
Can we get an idea of what Federation ships extra BO seat is? Like what is the different seating arrangements between a Sovereign, Majestic, and Noble Classes?
Can you elaborate on why we may be different in space?
Example: I want to be a Tactical Officer, how will my role in a cruiser be different than a Science Officer or Engineering Officer in the same cruiser? How big a difference will our playing be since they can purchase the same skills in space as me and why would it not be more beneficial for people to play Science in space and Tactical but go no further then say quantum torpedoes (or major DPS attack) and tachyon burst (shield drain)?
I know that these are some pointed questions but I'd be very interested in knowing...
As has already been stated, the Federation SoTL list comes with several surprises entries and noticeable exemptions. For instance any Star Trek fans would find the idea of the Constitution class been playable rather absurd. Is the current list set in stone? Would it not be possible to have the Constitution skin as a variant for the Excalibur thus freeing up a space for other fan favourites such as the Excelsior for example?
1.) i missed some canon ships like the nebula, ambassador, excelsior and steamrunner. there was a pc gamer article where one of them used a steamrunner-class. will it be possible to "build" those classes by customising classes that are in the game (galaxy -> nebula/ambassador, norway -> steamrunner, constitution -> excelsior)?
2.) why are classes in the game that are totaly out of date (constitiution-class, constellation-class). the constitution-class ships have been decomissioned at the end of star trek 6 and the constellation-class was old in the middle of TNG. so why are these classes in the game while more modern and advances classes are missing (nebula, steamrunner). wouldn't it be logical to add the latest classes and make the older ones available due to customisation?
3.) i believe the discovery class is a more advanced class than the intrepid. but they are both T3. what are the differences between the classes in each tier? is it only a different number of stations fore the different BOs, or do we "rank up" through the different classes inside the rank of captain (for example). so when i become captain, i get an intrepid-class, when i complete enough episodes i get a cochrane and after more episodes i get a discovery?
4.) will you complete the SotL site until the game is released or will there be classes that we will see ingame for the first time?
5.) as a science-officer i'm afraid of flying around with a basketball with two warp neccels in T3.... will you offer different designs in each tier or are they all looking quite the same? og will it be possible to get rid of the ball by customisation?
- Can we expect to see Nausicaan, Orion, and Gorn ships available to players of the KDF?
- It's been said that lower tier ships can be used in endgame content, particularly in fleet actions. But just because we can, does that mean that there is an incentive to do so? For instance, would a fleet of all Negh'Vars or a fleet of a variety of Starfleet ships from a variety of tiers (Miranda, Saber, Constellation, Galaxy, Sovereign, Intrepid, Nova, etc) have the advantage?
-What are some examples of additional "options" a higher tier ship has over a lower tier ship? Is there any way to spend reputation (or whatever the currency is) to refit an older ship and gain access to some of these options even though they would be off limits to the base ship?
-Is cosmetic ship customization limited to mixing and matching parts from the three ships in the same configuration, or will there be additional parts?
-Will we be able to change the texturing on our ships. For instance, can I take a newer ship like the Sovereign and refit it with TOS inspired textures to make it look like its from that era?
-Will the compatability of a certain ship with a particular weapon be handled by weapon type or on a case by case basis? For instance, will a Miranda be able to handle lower rated phasers, low rated cannon weapons, and low rated disruptors, etc. but not some of the more high rated weapons? Or will the Miranda be limited by weapon type, being able to handle all kinds of phasers but not cannon weapons or disruptors of any sort?
-Can a player invest awarded skill points in a ship type they're not using? For instance, can a player flying in a Sovereign complete episodic content and invest awarded skills into low tier escorts, without ever having touched one previously? Or does the player have to hop into a low tier escort to invest points into those kinds of ships?
-Will parts be able to be manipulated in the ship editor? For instance, will pylons be able to be elongated, have their angle changed, inverted, etc.?
1. Ship tiers - It has been said that each tier of ships will include upgrades that can modify the look of the ship as well as upgrading its abilities, engines, weapons etc. Is there any overlap here? ie Would a fully upgraded tier 1 ship be equivelant to a base tier two ship? How much overlap can we expect? I know there are those who would love to be able to upgrade their miranda all the way to tier 4 toughness, just wondering what we can realistically expect before we have to start using a next tier ship to remain viable for in game content.
2. Player progression - Will there be specific content for each class of player from start to admiral? ie could someone focus all their training in escorts or science vessels till they cap their core skill or will such focus hinder their ability to pass a certain point without some diversification in skills?
I'm also confused by the apparently 'odd' choice to include these archaic ships like the constitution class while newer more viable ships are left out. surely these museum pieces could be included as unlockable special ships.
also would love to know more about the klingon side of things. when will you start to release info on that faction?