Ensign
# 1 Lifetime Activation troubles
07-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Ok, I've been playing on a free account and was ready to activate a lifetime subscription.

Clicked the link from game login screen to go to account activation. Logged into the website and then went to my account. Went to manage my subscriptions, and then had to login again as they have a seperate interface for currency transactions.

Got the cookies error.... .... tried to activate cookies for IE... still wouldn't work.

Went to Google Chrome, went to site, logged in again, change subscription, another login, needed a code to verify computer which was sent to e-mail, looked up e-mail, found code, entered it in and it worked. So Google chrome, for me, fixed those issues.

Now, all logged in and go to manage subscriptions. Entered in payment information, no problem. checked bank account and saw the $1 "charge" (which trickles off over time) so the payment info is confirmed.

Back to activating subscription, click on lifetime, use payment method.... waiting.... "error in updating subscription"..... ummm... why? Tried again, same error. Checked bank account... no charges so we're good there.

Active a 1 month re-occuring charge gold sub... (maybe needs an active sub to go lifetime), gold sub activated.

Now tried Lifetime again since gold sub is active..... "error in updating Subscription"..... but gold sub was canceled as per the activation for lifetime. So now I don't have lifetime or Gold sub....

Checked bank account.... no charges for anything, gold sub or lifetime.

Checked FAQ for anything.... There is a daily spending limit of $100, and you have to submit a ticket, referencing a spending limit increase as lifetime is over this limit. Did that and got the AutoResponse e-mail of "received and will be handled soon as ticket volumes are high right now"

Tired to re-activate Gold membership and now it's telling me the same error of being unable to change the subscription status... Is there a limit to the amount of action / attempts to alter your subscription before the system locks you out?

I'd like to go LTS before the sale runs out but this whole process of getting nowhere has been frustrating to say the least. If this isn't resolved before the sale runs out, then I will not spend the money to go lifetime.

To my fellow gamers... I hope any of this info helps you.

And to PWE / STO...... You need to make this process better or you will lose potential sales of your product. There is way too much difficulty in your methods.
Career Officer
# 2
07-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakenmere View Post
Ok, I've been playing on a free account and was ready to activate a lifetime subscription.

Clicked the link from game login screen to go to account activation. Logged into the website and then went to my account. Went to manage my subscriptions, and then had to login again as they have a seperate interface for currency transactions.

Got the cookies error.... .... tried to activate cookies for IE... still wouldn't work.

Went to Google Chrome, went to site, logged in again, change subscription, another login, needed a code to verify computer which was sent to e-mail, looked up e-mail, found code, entered it in and it worked. So Google chrome, for me, fixed those issues.

Now, all logged in and go to manage subscriptions. Entered in payment information, no problem. checked bank account and saw the $1 "charge" (which trickles off over time) so the payment info is confirmed.

Back to activating subscription, click on lifetime, use payment method.... waiting.... "error in updating subscription"..... ummm... why? Tried again, same error. Checked bank account... no charges so we're good there.

Active a 1 month re-occuring charge gold sub... (maybe needs an active sub to go lifetime), gold sub activated.

Now tried Lifetime again since gold sub is active..... "error in updating Subscription"..... but gold sub was canceled as per the activation for lifetime. So now I don't have lifetime or Gold sub....

Checked bank account.... no charges for anything, gold sub or lifetime.

Checked FAQ for anything.... There is a daily spending limit of $100, and you have to submit a ticket, referencing a spending limit increase as lifetime is over this limit. Did that and got the AutoResponse e-mail of "received and will be handled soon as ticket volumes are high right now"

Tired to re-activate Gold membership and now it's telling me the same error of being unable to change the subscription status... Is there a limit to the amount of action / attempts to alter your subscription before the system locks you out?

I'd like to go LTS before the sale runs out but this whole process of getting nowhere has been frustrating to say the least. If this isn't resolved before the sale runs out, then I will not spend the money to go lifetime.

To my fellow gamers... I hope any of this info helps you.

And to PWE / STO...... You need to make this process better or you will lose potential sales of your product. There is way too much difficulty in your methods.

Have you tried logging in on a lvl 5+ character, it is always possible that it shows as failed , but works, you should get a ****storm of accolades if it works.
Creator of the Contraband Spreadsheet
and the BOFF Sheet http://bit.ly/boffsheet

Ensign
# 3
07-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Ok... update..... bank blocked my intended purchase through PWE website.... I'm all lifetime good now.