Community Moderator
I think my title says it all.

I now have this PWE account with this CORE Connect thing that, like everything else in this game, doesn't come with a manual telling me how to use it.

Intuitively, I can reason out that it's a social tool for hooking up with friends and "guilds". But I know nothing beyond that.

What I do want to know is how this is supposed to enhance my Star Trek Online experience, if at all? Granted, maybe STO hasn't been added in yet.

Point blank, I'm here for the Cryptic games and have zero interest in Asian fantasy MMO's. Should I just ignore this thing? Any Devs in the know who's like to weigh in?
Career Officer
# 2
06-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Core connect and the Core program enable it's users to communicate between each other. It also opens up additional Accolades and rewards you are able to get out of Perfect World Games. The accolades and points you earn with the CORE achievements can be spent on Special items for the games you play. Usually special Costumes from CORE or XP potions maybe a rare mount. They are earned up automatically while playing and adding to your account. So now You will have Cryptic Points (purchasable with Zen), Energy Credits, Gold Pressed Latnum, Dilithium, Lobi, Annnnd Core(usable out of game)

CORE's Friend and Guild list also enables (When Activated for Star Trek Online... *eyes pwebranflakes* will enable its players to show what fleets they are in, also to friend up and be able to if the CORE program is downloaded Communicate together outside of the game in an additional way, like chat rooms and Instant messages. CORE is basically like Facebook for Perfect World. It has some nice features when Activated. It is NOT activated for any of the Cryptic Studio games yet. But I am sure it will be in the future. As for being here for Cryptic Games. I believe you Mean, Perfect World Games. It's time to accept the Fact Cryptic is now a subsidiary of Perfect World and now part of Perfect Worlds North American Branch(Perfect World Entertainment).
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-21-2012, 09:44 AM
*puts CORE connect on ignore*
Community Moderator
# 4
06-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
Core connect and the Core program enable it's users to communicate between each other. It also opens up additional Accolades and rewards you are able to get out of Perfect World Games. The accolades and points you earn with the CORE achievements can be spent on Special items for the games you play. Usually special Costumes from CORE or XP potions maybe a rare mount. They are earned up automatically while playing and adding to your account. So now You will have Cryptic Points (purchasable with Zen), Energy Credits, Gold Pressed Latnum, Dilithium, Lobi, Annnnd Core(usable out of game)

CORE's Friend and Guild list also enables (When Activated for Star Trek Online... *eyes pwebranflakes* will enable its players to show what fleets they are in, also to friend up and be able to if the CORE program is downloaded Communicate together outside of the game in an additional way, like chat rooms and Instant messages. CORE is basically like Facebook for Perfect World. It has some nice features when Activated. It is NOT activated for any of the Cryptic Studio games yet. But I am sure it will be in the future. As for being here for Cryptic Games. I believe you Mean, Perfect World Games. It's time to accept the Fact Cryptic is now a subsidiary of Perfect World and now part of Perfect Worlds North American Branch(Perfect World Entertainment).
Thanks for the explanation.

As far as what I'm here for goes, I said "Cryptic games" little g, not "Cryptic Games" capital G. Meaning the games that were developed by the Cryptic Studios subsidiary and not the other games PWE is known for.
Career Officer
Everyone bow down and give praise to our new lord and savior CORE connect.

ALL HAIL PWE!!!
Captain_Conrad
STO Start Date: March 2010
June 2012, assimilated into the PWE collective. Resistance is futile.
Career Officer
# 6
06-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Core Connect could be awesome, we don't know yet. One of the cool bits about the Token system, is that you can earn tokens by earning achievements.. so for example, if you play STO and Champs, you could earn these tokens for the accolades you unlock in each of those games. Then you can spend those points on perk items for any of PWE's games that you like. So for example, play Champs to earn points you could use to buy a starship for STO.

It could be awesome. don't dismiss it until we've seen what they do with it.
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsix View Post
Core Connect could be awesome, we don't know yet. One of the cool bits about the Token system, is that you can earn tokens by earning achievements.. so for example, if you play STO and Champs, you could earn these tokens for the accolades you unlock in each of those games. Then you can spend those points on perk items for any of PWE's games that you like. So for example, play Champs to earn points you could use to buy a starship for STO.

It could be awesome. don't dismiss it until we've seen what they do with it.
Will never ever ever ever ever play any other PWE game. We had no choice in this one. And if they keep up this one is headed to the recycle bin
Captain
# 8
06-21-2012, 05:35 PM
I only care because it replaces normal forum profiles and their functionality.
# 9
06-21-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm looking forward for Core to connect to STO. It will be nice to finally get Character Profiles back in some form, and the Guild(Fleet) interface look interesting.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 10
06-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Meh, I'll put it in the "don't want to know" category :wink: