Lt. Commander
There are new screenshots at Massively.com.* Check out the Borg!

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-05-2009, 05:14 PM
That Intrepid configuration is not nice at all, it looks like it was heavily influenced by some of the artwork in EVE Online. The Borg drone is also extremely reminiscent of the Stalker creatures within the Half-Life 2 series. :-/
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-05-2009, 05:52 PM
The thing I love about these screenshot is seeing all the additions one can make to ships. Sure the Intrepid configuration looks ugly, but I am extremely glad to see we will have the option to make it ugly. It only shows how cryptic is going to give the player a lot of options and leeway to make the ships we desire, added to the varied options of character customization we have seen so far. Personally it makes me even more eager to learn about configurations and tinker with the configuration options myself
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I liked the screenshots. The graphics look like they are going to be great even if you can't make everyone happy with the aesthetic choices.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipsOfTheLine View Post
The thing I love about these screenshot is seeing all the additions one can make to ships. Sure the Intrepid configuration looks ugly, but I am extremely glad to see we will have the option to make it ugly. It only shows how cryptic is going to give the player a lot of options and leeway to make the ships we desire, added to the varied options of character customization we have seen so far. Personally it makes me even more eager to learn about configurations and tinker with the configuration options myself
I agree. It is great that we will be able to customiz our own ships. Then we can all help put an end to bad ship configuration. I like a more traditional look myself.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Quote:
That Intrepid configuration is not nice at all, it looks like it was heavily influenced by some of the artwork in EVE Online. The Borg drone is also extremely reminiscent of the Stalker creatures within the Half-Life 2 series. :-/
Ya, I think that model might not be done yet OR there is an Ablative Generator on that ship! If it is, well then that would be a confirmation that that tech is in the game (not sure if it is or not, lol).

As for the Borg...TWO THUMBS UP!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocking74
all the pick look nice to me but to hte one your talking about I think it is using the armor that was in Episode "Endgame" that Admiral Janeway took back in time to help Voyager get home.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-05-2009, 07:58 PM
the impulse engines on that intrepid variant look ridiculous.

and furthermore, it would appear that the Cheyenne class ship seen earlier is actually a Prometheus variant
Lt. Commander
# 10 Borg heaven
10-05-2009, 08:12 PM
I am really looking foward to dispatching this sucker and some of his to Borg heaven