Lt. Commander
# 31
10-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Good article, lgood info. Its nice to see how much the devs care as oopossed to other MMO's.
Ive playing EVE, RS, WoW, and now Champions. I cant think of any of those that had the dev's so involved as the STO team has. Cant wait to play
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Someone said I hope this is November of 2009? Naw, Oct 2009 beta.... Dec 2009 release!!!

G
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-06-2009, 04:20 PM
good interview.
it sure makes me feel good about cryptic handling STO.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Craig, thanks for the update. I'm kinda new to this all, I found the STO a while ago when it said that they wouldn't be continuing the devolpment, then about three weeks ago got back into the swing of things. I am really glad that Cyrptics is taking an active role in asking fans and the community for advice and ideas for the game because I've played a few MMO's where my biggest complaint is lack of community involvement. All in all I look forward to the launch of this game, the idea of being immersed in the Star Trek Universe thrills me. It should be alot of fun .
As a question, does anyone know more specifically when the Beta applicantswill be selected? I kinda feel as if I'm on the tail end of all of that, and it would be a shame to have missed the deadline for the selection.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks Zinc, you rock man.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaztoid View Post
As a question, does anyone know more specifically when the Beta applicantswill be selected? I kinda feel as if I'm on the tail end of all of that, and it would be a shame to have missed the deadline for the selection.
considering the "Sign up for beta!" banner on the top of the main page, I wouldn't worry to much
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO_KillSwitch View Post
lmao
thast was realy help full

we’ve got the core of everything in. Now what do we have to do to get this game out?
now work on klingons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J/k lol
I have to agree. Why do I have the feeling it will coincide with the ST movie coming out on DVD. I was really hoping for October.......I think there is some truth to this statement even though the OP was kidding.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naynayz View Post
"Very well Doctor, then I shall have no choice but to try your beans."
-Spock .
FYI
then I have no choice but to sample your beans.

:p
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Really nice to hear that elements of both space and ground are coming together for what will definitly be the experience all space explorers are waitng for. I can appreciate the detail that cryptic goes into after having played city of heroes for 5 years back when they were involved. I kept imagining my characters that turned invisible to be like mini romulan warbirds sneaking up in their prey

One thing concerns me tho, and that's the mention of selecting beta testers for STO. If you're like me and bought champions online time BECAUSE it gave you closed beta access, (and believe me that was the BIGGEST reason to buy the time for me, I of course now interpret the article as them picking and choosing. That confuses me only because of what I was told about buying six months or a lifetime to champions. I gotta also admit, I was so desperate to get into this game that I installed windows xp on my mac so I can play! (disappointed at no mac version but not suprised) like the Borg say, adapt. And so I did

I just hope that all of us who bought time packages from champions are included in closed beta and not subject to the selection process that was briefly mentioned in the article. Make no mistake, I'm looking forward to THIS mmo!
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitey_marvel
I just hope that all of us who bought time packages from champions are included in closed beta and not subject to the selection process that was briefly mentioned in the article. Make no mistake, I'm looking forward to THIS mmo!
Craig specifically said those who had purchased a half year or more on the champions site will automatically be included in the Beta test, so you are pretty safe.